DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - JUNE

Dolfan in NYC

Padres promote Pat Murphy up from AAA to be interim manager

Thus explaining why the didn't let him go to Milwaukee

Thus also explaining that they have probably been planning on firing Black for awhile

Omar Infante is now in the lead, so there are 8 Royals at the tops of All-Star Game voting.

Also, Bud Black just got fired by the Padres.

Royals fans are going to get the All Star voting changed. I've been voting based on whose putting up the best numbers, not just voting for Yankees. I don't see MLB letting 8 Royals start when there are better options at all positions, save for catcher, based on stats.

I don't get the Padres firing Bud Black. They're 2 games under .500 and 6 back in the division. Somebody is going to get themselves a really good manager. If the Mets end up faltering as they tend to, I'd fire Collins for Bud Black.

How is it the Royals fans fault if they're stuffing the ballots? Other fan bases are welcome to do the same. I think it'd be hilarious for an entire team to be voted in, like that NHL All-Star game in Montreal a few years ago where it was pretty much all Canadiens on one side. The All-Star game is for fans to vote for who they want to see, clearly this year, that's going to be lots of Royals.

All-Star games are a farce and a relic of a pre-interleague, internet, mlb.tv time. No one is going to remember who started in 10 years anyway, so at least this would be somewhat noteworthy.

Royals fans are going to get the All Star voting changed. I've been voting based on whose putting up the best numbers, not just voting for Yankees. I don't see MLB letting 8 Royals start when there are better options at all positions, save for catcher, based on stats.

Of course they're going to let them start. Nothing can be done about it, unless there's actual fraud/hacking going on. To nullify a valid fan vote because the outcome is inconvenient or annoying would be a horrifically bad p.r. move.

Now, this causing official league discussion/changes into how starters are voted on/named for future seasons, yeah; I think that's probable. That being said, it's highly unlikely this will result in the end of fan voting, as happened after the 1957 Reds fiasco.

For what it's worth, I used all 35 votes for the Royals because fuck the All-Star Game, from the completely dumb process of selecting players to having it determine home field advantage in the World Series.

• Like 1

God, ESPN sucks. Even the normally awesome Bob Ley. Outside the Lines is doing the hacking story and all Bob Ley can keep saying is "doesn't this just prior the Moneyball theories?" over and over.

In the 1980s, the Cardinals were all about stealing bases.  Now they're all about stealing databases.  It's just Whiteyball for the modern era.  All that's left is for everyone in the organization to grow Rollie Fingers-style mustaches for the purposes of twirling them while cackling maniacally.

Is it really stealing or hacking if Jeff Luhnow apparently did not even bother to change his passwords when he moved the database from his time with the Cardinals to the Astros?

Not that I'm trying to take the Cardinals side in this, but geez man, at least change the punctuation or switch some e's to 3's or something. Of course, the Cardinals employees that did this apparently did it from their own homes, so I guess they're all just a pack of idiots. The FBI should just take away both sides internet access.

Is it really stealing or hacking if Jeff Luhnow apparently did not even bother to change his passwords when he moved the database from his time with the Cardinals to the Astros?

If this is a serious question, you've made me lose just a little bit of hope for humanity.

I think it's time for some snowballing.

timthumb_php.jpg

It seems like the name Tony Rasmus is coming up a lot in this.

Tony Rasmus?  I think I heard his name too.

Tony Rasmus must be a big part of this.

Tony always wanted to be more involved.  This seems like the kind of thing he would be into.

You mean TONY? Tony Rasmus?  Yeah I hear he was pretty much running the whole database thing.

• Like 2

Fuck's sake, what the fuck do you think?

Exactly how dumb do you think a person should be for it to be legal for you to walk into their unlocked house and steal their TV?

Selective outrage over fan voting is funny. It's okay when Ichiro or Joey bats lead all votes because people in a foreign country vote en masse, but not when its done for a whole team.

Like your selective memory in ignoring all the people who bitched every time the fans voted "wrong"?

The bigger issue will be all the bandwagon Royals fans that are going to have to watch their team get stomped by an actual all star team

• Like 1

Fuck's sake, what the fuck do you think?

Exactly how dumb do you think a person should be for it to be legal for you to walk into their unlocked house and steal their TV?

Because I'm clearly 100% serious about this whole thing.

I'm just pointing out that the Astros, Luhnow or whoever, were pretty damn careless.

Frenchy is pitching for the Phillies in the 7th fucking inning

And just to clarify - the Marlins are the ones hanging the ass beating on the Yanks, not the other way around

Frenchy is pitching for the Phillies in the 7th fucking inning

And he was the first Phillies pitcher tonight not to give up a run in an inning.

(And the Rays also have a positional player in pitching right now.  I'm sure Elias will be looking in their books to see when the last time two games had positional players pitching on the same day.)