DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Santino was pretty fantastic in his role for much of his run. Some of his stuff could get a bit insufferable at times b.ut, for the most part, his stuff was pretty entertaining.

Santino/Emma vs. Fandango/Summer in NXT was one of the best comedy matches ever. Just a fantastic performance.

Its 2014. The fans are smart. They know what's been going on with Emma. WWE should run an "Orange is The New Black" gimmick with Emma. The company (and her) will be able to get more mileage out of that than what they currently have.

Another reason why there should be a reality show for WWE creative meetings on the network. I would pay good money for someone to explain OITNB to Vince.

WAIT...WHAT? LESBIANS?

Fuck it. We know someone from the WWE trolls these boards for ideas. Someone get David McLane on the phone and get the rights to Caged Heat. Bring in Delta Lotta Pain, Loca, and Vendetta and throw Emma with them.

We were going on and on about Ambrose' "old school" mentality, and maybe it's just the shaky, grainy footage but that match looks like two old stars touring the territories running the same match for crowd after crowd for like a year.  So great.

I think it's in part because of how well Dean's stuff plays live from a distance.  All the wild gestures people sometimes complain about are there to project the emotion of the match to people sitting where these dudes are.

I suppose some of that gets toned down for t.v....Seth stealing Eddie's moves and gestures.  The ref making the safe on the chair spot.  That low blow that looked like Seth ran him through with a dirk (yes, I listen to nerd poker).

And as always, while Seth plays at the crowd, Ambrose is totally oblivious to their existence.

Joe's 35. Maybe he could really get in shape for one run. They could turn the Usos and have him as the third guy, put them all with Heyman and do another year of trios matches.

It isn't just dropping a few lbs with Joe he has terrible sciatica nerve issues too.

We were going on and on about Ambrose' "old school" mentality, and maybe it's just the shaky, grainy footage but that match looks like two old stars touring the territories running the same match for crowd after crowd for like a year.  So great.

I think it's in part because of how well Dean's stuff plays live from a distance.  All the wild gestures people sometimes complain about are there to project the emotion of the match to people sitting where these dudes are.

I suppose some of that gets toned down for t.v....Seth stealing Eddie's moves and gestures.  The ref making the safe on the chair spot.  That low blow that looked like Seth ran him through with a dirk (yes, I listen to nerd poker).

And as always, while Seth plays at the crowd, Ambrose is totally oblivious to their existence.

I was front and center of the people who were frustrated by Ambrose's overacting in FCW, but I think it does work a little better as a babyface. Also, I think it means more when he's more established and in front of a bigger crowd. When you have thousands of people responding to it, it means more than in front of three hundred people. He's using it as a delaying method to hype up the crowd which is frankly, pretty awesome.