DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Is Prime Time Wrestling essential watching if you're already watching Superstars?

The Network has me interested in late 80's/early 90's WWF, so I'm going to go back and watch a fair chunk of it.  Back in the day, I was a casual WWF viewer at best.  I watched the syndicated Superstars shows some, and caught Prime Time once in a while.  All I really remember of Prime Time is wacky Heenan/Monsoon skits.

Which one should I watch?  Both?  Superstars was the A show until Raw debuted in 1993, wasn't it?  Did the important matches/segments/angles air on Superstars, or did Prime Time also have a lot of the important stuff?

Thanks.

I would go with Prime Time, since it covered every thing with its own occasional angle.Also like Arrow said, they would run arena matches.

2) Sin Cara must be the biggest high-profile flop in recent memory, no?

Lord_Tensai_2012CutByJibunjish.png

Jason Albert has successfully transitioned into a commentators role, which he's surprisingly decent at. Sin Cara was just garbage from day one. Sin Cara is still the biggest flop in recent memory. Albert isn't on the US indy circuit using his WWE name or "Sin Cara II" or whatever the hell Mistico is actually doing now. His newest ring name sounds like a Batman villain.

She has come a long way in a short amount of time since she was only signed in June of last year. Her wiki entry is pretty extensive regarding her background.

It's hard to believe that she got her start being fawned over by Brent Musberger. 

Katherine Webb could be a future top heel.

Let's pause to celebrate the real meaning behind today:

Sid-2.jpg

The birthday of Sid

Sid's birthday is 12/16. It is, however, the anniversary of him joining the WWF and Barry Windham's birthday.

For some reason, different websites list different dates. Some say 7/4 and others say 12/16.

I'll just assume that his birth took place over a 5 month period.

There were plenty of fist bumps to be dished out from leaving the womb to the birthing suite.

• Like 1

Was there ever a reason given for Anna Bogomazova's (Anya) release? With a taekwando and kickboxing background, and rumours of her joining The Shield a long time ago, she certainly got my attention.

For the perverts out there, she was on an episode of Banshee.

Lana is rapidly becoming my favorite person in the company. I have no idea if Lana grew up a fan or what but her dedication to her character is amazing.

Well she even bangs Rusev. But in all seriousness, a lot of actors stay in character between takes so it's not a massive leap from all that really. She's a dancer turned actor who hasn't quite made it and will turn 30 next year - if Russia stays nasty, she can parlay this gig into some *proper* acting. I don't see her as a lifer.

She has come a long way in a short amount of time since she was only signed in June of last year. Her wiki entry is pretty extensive regarding her background.

It's hard to believe that she got her start being fawned over by Brent Musberger.

Katherine Webb could be a future top heel.

Wait what? I know of the Webb insident...but Lana's an SEC girl?

Was there ever a reason given for Anna Bogomazova's (Anya) release? With a taekwando and kickboxing background, and rumours of her joining The Shield a long time ago, she certainly got my attention.

They replaced her and Audrey Marie with JoJo and Eva Marie is all I ever heard. Like any big company they departments are allocated budgets.

During the FCW days and early NXT it was clear they had a set allocation for the amount of women they could have on their roster. Things are a bit more fuzzy now.

• Like 1

I remember they did one of the later Attitude Era Raws from FSU and the most over person was Ron Simmons for obvious reasons. The APA squashed some team and the place went nuts when Simmons started doing the Tomahawk Chop. Pretty cool to see him treated like royalty at a place where he's a legend.

I remember they did one of the later Attitude Era Raws from FSU and the most over person was Ron Simmons for obvious reasons. The APA squashed some team and the place went nuts when Simmons started doing the Tomahawk Chop. Pretty cool to see him treated like royal at a place where he's a legend.

I once met Ron Simmons while wearing a University of Miami shirt. 

I somehow survived the encounter..

I got Simmons to sign a Sports Illustrated with him on the cover at a WWE hosted signing. He looked around to make sure no company men were watching, then signed it "Ron Simmons." Was awesome...

• Like 1

Man, it is, isn't it?

Someone sat there and wrote that damn thing, with about 22 references. That's dedication to one's craft, right there. Or something.

She's great at the "get moose and squirrel" thing and she's easy on the eyes. 

• Like 1

I remember they did one of the later Attitude Era Raws from FSU and the most over person was Ron Simmons for obvious reasons. The APA squashed some team and the place went nuts when Simmons started doing the Tomahawk Chop. Pretty cool to see him treated like royalty at a place where he's a legend.

I think I found the match, from a Smackdown.

Unless this happened multiple times

ACC, she was an FSU Cowgirl.

fsu-cowgirls.jpg

This is where Lana started. Truly a "started from the bottom now we're here" type story. 

I honestly can't tell which one she is. The tall one on the right?

I think I found the match, from a Smackdown.

Unless this happened multiple times

This is it. I got Raw and SmackDown mixed up.