DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

Just watched the latest Chikara Ashes video. I've seen so little of Chikara but find this whole thing...audacious...to say the least.

Anybody wanna bullet point the latest details?* Is is back? Didn't all the Wrestling Is Fun companies get shut down too?  \\

*no PDFs, please.

• Like 1

Just watched the latest Chikara Ashes video. I've seen so little of Chikara but find this whole thing...audacious...to say the least.

Anybody wanna bullet point the latest details?* Is is back? Didn't all the Wrestling Is Fun companies get shut down too?  \\

*no PDFs, please.

Wrestling is Fun is still alive, but is about to be attacked by Dr. Cube.

if Dusty starts calling RAW, I swear to God I'll stop watching.

What?!  Why?!?!

Ah, yes, commentators distracting me from the match with their insane and stupid ramblings. Just what I want from my wrestling. Yeah, no thanks. And I don't even find Dusty's commentary funny, either. It's just kind of... embarrassing. In a board full of WCW marks, I'm not surprised nearly everyone here loves him. :P

What?!  Why?!?!

Ah, yes, commentators distracting me from the match with their insane and stupid ramblings. Just what I want from my wrestling. Yeah, no thanks. And I don't even find Dusty's commentary funny, either. It's just kind of... embarrassing. In a board full of WCW marks, I'm not surprised nearly everyone here loves him. :P

to be fair, insane stupid rambling beats the inane stupid rambling that the current WWE crew brings.

Gotta admit, for a situation where the WWE bought WCW for pennies, a lot of WCW guys have influential WWE spots. In a way, WCW didn't totally lose the Monday Night Wars

What?!  Why?!?!

Obviously, you're not funky like a monkey. 

I kinda see his point, but I also would take Dusty over "Puppies" Lawler 99/100.  And I'd want to change my vote on the 100th time after listening to Jerry for three hours.

I was listening to Mark Henry on Jay Mohr's podcast, and said that there is a $70,000 fine for striking a fan in the stands. No matter if you got struck first. I would guess that steemed from the Punk incident a couple years ago.

so can Dusty commentate on Raw? I can imagine Dusty/JBL might be a fun dynamic between face/heel color commentators?

JBL reminds me of Larry Z on commentary, so you should look up Zybyzko and Dusty working together in WCW.

I don't recall JBL ever saying that if you asked Nick Bockwinkel the time that he'd tell you how to build a watch.

I don't think JBL has even discussed the human game of chess being played out in the ring. Not once.

He needs to figure out a way to work "Odor" into The Authority or The Shield.

• Like 1

Dusty was a great commentator. He only did the wacky ramblings in boring nothing matches. He knew how to get both story lines and wrestlers over. 

He did a great job getting the Eddy Guerrero heel turn over in 97. He would also get the lower card guys over. When Heenan and Schiavonie buried them as canon fodder. 

I was listening to Mark Henry on Jay Mohr's podcast, and said that there is a $70,000 fine for striking a fan in the stands. No matter if you got struck first. I would guess that steemed from the Punk incident a couple years ago.

Worth it!

• Like 1