DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

It wasn't just that crowd. People were chanting "We Want Dolph" for weeks on end after the MITB win. It was only during the subsequent forced cool-down phase (the Bobby Lashley Protocol, if you will) that the chants let up.

It wasn't just that crowd. People were chanting "We Want Dolph" for weeks on end after the MITB win. It was only during the subsequent forced cool-down phase (the Bobby Lashley Protocol, if you will) that the chants let up.

Was it the Philly Raw where Dolph ran down to cash in on (I think) ADR only for Cena to run in and break it up? GD, if you could mine crowd heat for fuel we'd never need to drill for oil ever again because they were fucking furious at Cena.

Dolph's been a can't miss breakout candidate for so long, I'm bored of it already. If they actually wanted to get him over, they would have to give him promo time. He's not a bad promo. Very few guys can get over without talking. They would also have to make him beef up his offense. Maybe it's because of just how many times he has been pinned by the roster, but his moveset, (ddt, fameasser, elbow drop, zigzag..repeat) lacks credibility.

That's the problem with going away, period.

To the guy who was saying they'd have to work really hard to get Dolph to stay after the year he's had.  No they wouldn't.

Vince could just say "Bitch, where you gonna go?  Huh?  Huh?  He's gonna!  He's gonna puke!  Take your panties off if you're sorry!"

One of the most baffling things to me is why people were ever so rabid for Dolph Ziggler. Dolph has shitty, uncredible offense(dropkick, a botchy fameasser, elbowdrops, ten corner punch done too fast for the crowd to count along with you, Zig Zag) and his most valuable asset is bumping around like a pinball and making OTHER people look good.

Yeah, that sure screams main eventer and not JTTS.

Honestly, I don't see anything that really separates him from the Kofi's and Miz's of the world.

• Like 3

his most valuable asset is bumping around like a pinball and making OTHER people look good.

hbk.gif

HBK also had about nine gazillion times more charisma and presence than Dolph does.

Besides, does anybody think it was a good idea to make HBK a main eventer?

I just think it's useless to judge people like we used to, when the company is all "GO SAY THESE EXACT WORDS AND DO THESE MOVES AND DON'T DO THESE MOVES AND STOP DOING THOSE THINGS THAT GET A REACTION"

• Like 1

I've heard it more than once that that's why Swagger got that main event spot at Wrestlemania. Like it or not, there appears to be some precedent for the "squeaky wheel getting the grease" in WWE. 

It seems really dumb to have WWE's big announcement at 9:30 PM. At first I thought it was at 9:30 AM, which made sense, but scheduling it at night is strange.

It's CES, the important people get the prime slots.  WWE is no Sony/Samsung/LG/etc.

Honestly, I don't see anything that really separates him from the Kofi's and Miz's of the world.

Statements like this make me wish I had Lord Vigo powers so I could lightning dudes from my Castle of Pain. 

Miz is a guy playing pretend at wrestling and can't even do that well.

Kofi does jumps sometimes. They aren't even MOVEZ. They're just...jumping. 

• Like 1

One of the most baffling things to me is why people were ever so rabid for Dolph Ziggler. Dolph has shitty, uncredible offense(dropkick, a botchy fameasser, elbowdrops, ten corner punch done too fast for the crowd to count along with you, Zig Zag) and his most valuable asset is bumping around like a pinball and making OTHER people look good.

It's not hard to understand. I think Ziggler appeals most to people looking for an anti-Cena. If support for Ziggler has gone down, it is because Daniel Bryan took over that spot, not because he has been misused.