DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

It kind of still shocks me that Norman fucking Smiley is a trainer for WWE.

He's fantastic. His mat wrestling ability in the UWF days were great and then he did the WCW stint where he showed he can be an excellent goofball too.

• Like 4

He's fantastic. His mat wrestling ability in the UWF days were great and then he did the WCW stint where he showed he can be an excellent goofball too.

Swayze speaks truth. Smiley's match with Yamazaki is a dang gem that gets passed over too much, and if you just search "Norman Smiley UWF" you get his shit with Maeda, Fujiwara, Takada and Yoji Anjo, all from 88 and all good to great.

Swayze speaks truth. Smiley's match with Yamazaki is a dang gem that gets passed over too much, and if you just search "Norman Smiley UWF" you get his shit with Maeda, Fujiwara, Takada and Yoji Anjo, all from 88 and all good to great.

Hell, just watch his match with Dean Malenko on dailymotion.

so the WWF could have eventually had Jerry Jarrett and Jerry Lawler alternating the book for a bit if Vince went to prison?

Bret Hart v. Nightmare Freddy would have been an awesome RAW main event during Lawler's stint

And don't forget Lawler as 35-time WWF champion.

• Like 3

If you think Watts would have let Jarrett put Freddy Krueger on his show you've got another thing coming. 

I wholeheartedly agree with the Smiley love. He also wrestled Mexico as Black Magic so the man has been around, he's got to have a ton of knowledge to teach the youth. 

So I'm watching Bix's Why I Love Pro Wrestling and I'm curious is anyone has ever seen Darren Young's dad and Tony Atlas in the same place because mid 70s Atlas in his segment against Ken Patera reminds me so much of Young.

If you think Watts would have let Jarrett put Freddy Krueger on his show you've got another thing coming. 

I wholeheartedly agree with the Smiley love. He also wrestled Mexico as Black Magic so the man has been around, he's got to have a ton of knowledge to teach the youth. 

Hero puts him over big time in his recent interview. Though, he puts over everybody big in said interview. Still, he reserves special praise for Smiley and talks about giving him British wrestling DVDs, IIRC.

I think people are mixing up the timelines here. 

Watts did not come in til late 1995 to help Vince out. He was taking care of stuff like making sure the shows ran on time during TV tapings. Letting Vince worry about bigger things. 

Jerry Jarrett was hired in late 93/early 94 in case Vince was convicted. 

and yet, dude's never had a WWE match. a real shame. they should trot him out for the Rumble one of these years.give us our comedy spot of the Big Wiggle.

Wikipedia says he worked a dark match against Kozlov in 2007.

oh snap!

from reports it seems like he got a pretty good reaction.

if the WWE Network showed full Raws/etc. including pre-taping tryout matches and post-show matches i would sign up for life.

talk about a hook!

Love reading all these rumors around this time, they get more and more crazy. Now they say there are plans to build to Punk-Batista at SummerSlam. That would be interesting... to follow on the internet. We are talking IWC civil war if we get heel Batista vs IWC's love of Punk.

Joe makes good money and barely has to work while getting to spend time with his family. The money would really have to go away for him to leave TNA.

It went away for AJ Styles ...

Ric Flair is on top of trending on Yahoo over the San Francisco 49ers talk thing. I'd forgotten all about that and before clicking the link, I thought "he's dead."

Between the steroids and the cocaine, I'm shocked Hulk Hogan's still limping on this earth.

Ric Flair is on top of trending on Yahoo over the San Francisco 49ers talk thing. I'd forgotten all about that and before clicking the link, I thought "he's dead."

Between the steroids and the cocaine, I'm shocked Hulk Hogan's still limping on this earth.

I believe Hogan sold his soul to the devil a long time ago. He really is the Immortal Hulk Hogan.