DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

Also dudes need to figure out the difference in a passing comment and someone being legit mad. Jesus

Right. Like, figuring out that the unhappy person is probably the one whose father you just insulted?

I knew, did not care. I called my own dead drunk daddy a dumb ass. 

Jesus Christ, you people. 

Tell us more!

I liked Joe in ROH. I liked Joe when he debuted in TNA. I liked Joe even after he lost to Angle. I liked Joe when he finally won the TNA gold. Then he got kidnapped. I started liking Joe a little less.

Recently, I rewatched a copious amount of Joe in ROH.

Now, I hate Joe in TNA.

Joe was great around that time period but he would not have been as good of an Umaga as Umaga... I refuse to believe that.

I don't know about that, but I do know that he would've been around a lot longer than Jamal was in the role.

Yes, that's the second time now you have made the same joke about Umaga being dead. I saw it the first time.

Yeah he's great at mocking the dead.

Anyway, let's start this whole thread over:

AGAIN

What, you couldn't use the better copy that's on Youtube?

Joe didn't look like a linebacker, he wore the worst shorts of any pro wrestler ever. And he wasn't huge with a gut like Umaga, he was just a bigger guy. You had to see him to appreciate him, because I was completely taken aback when I first saw him, and equally as dumbfounded after I saw him work.

I have to agree with this.  I have a buddy who is a big wrestling fan, but didn't really understand the hype with Joe because of it.  When he got to TNA and saw the 3 way with Styles and Daniels, he came around, but for the longest time, he didn't get the hype with him.  It's just people's tastes. 

I can't picture Joe as Umaga except for the inevitable Kofi Kingston-esque promo about how he isn't really a Samoan savage, but just pretended to be that way to honor his ancestors. Or something.

The character was getting there...

I ran across this gif labelled "The history of champions (according to WWE)"

o8geAwU.gif

And it reminded me of these Documania things (took a while to remember what it was called) So many stupid laughs

My favourite is probably the third one.

242ba40ebbbc9c726e5855b88b3b9e20657b66cc

• Like 1