DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

Daniel Bryan: Midcarder and totally bumped down the card if he gets the friggin' Streak match.

On another note, if they DO book it that Bryan stays a brainwashed cult figure all the way to WM going after UT's streak, AND Bray and The Wyatts end up in some sort of match with Cena (and possibly Hogan???), then what does that say about the company's view of Bray and Co.?

They want to put all of their eggs in that basket.

I can't really say I blame them, either.

Visually, he has to watch out that he doesn't become this generation's Midion-esque character.

559806.jpg

With the lack of patience we usually see out of WWE, I think a more realistic height is being this generation's heel Jake. A couple of hot programs, and maybe he can make someone else. 

Now, I kind of wonder if they couldn't find a way to make Harper into the next Kane at least. 

• Like 1

Wouldn't going all in on Bray see him ending the streak and becoming this generation's Undertaker-esque character?

Yes. And I think if someone does it, it will be Bray at UT's final WM appearance. But it might also be Cena as the ultimate exclamation point for his career.

My multiple sources are telling me that no one is buying Tensai merch.

Tensai doesn't even have merch. Which sucks for all those fans who love him and tune in for him and buy tickets for him and were really sad when he disappeared in the 2000's.

Visually, he has to watch out that he doesn't become this generation's Midion-esque character.

559806.jpg

Thank your deity of choice that there's no chance of Naked Bray. 

Realistically, there's a statistically equal chance that he ends up Naked Bray, teaming with Santino by March 2015 as there is that he ends up a longterm top of the card heel. 

• Like 1

On another note, the dude/group who recorded his theme song -- Mark Crozer and The Rels -- is friggin' awesome. He put out an album in 2012 that's excellent, catchy power-pop. Nothing else has that dark edge to Broken Out In Love -- it's pretty sunny Beatles-influenced songs coming in around the 3 minute mark -- but it's terrific. Well worth checking out if that's your thing.

So, lets explore, just for a moment, the 0.00000001% chance that Daniel Bryan ends the streak, Taker gives him a respect handshake/hand raise, and leaves while the deafening "YES" chants rattle Naw'lins...

Undertaker v. Bryan.  Undertaker wins in a gloriously violent match, afterwards, the rest of the Wyatts come in and destroy Taker in some fantastically gruesome way.  Bray Wyatt challenges Undertaker for next Wrestlemania.  Bray Wyatt takes credit for ending the Undertaker, destroying the Undertaker Myth, etc. etc.  Royal Rumble 2015, Bray and the Wyatts (with or without Bryan at this point) are dominating the Rumble and eliminate everyone but them.  countdown hits 0, lights go out, Undertaker appears and eliminates all of them, then eliminates himself to chase after.  Bray's scared.  Bray Wyatt v. Undertaker for Wrestlemania.  If Bray's worth taking a shot on as a Undertaker-esque guy, Bray beats him convincingly. 

The hard part is not having Bray doing jobs all over the place before Wrestlemania 2015. 

What the hell is the point of uploading a video and putting some ugly ass watermark on it? Serious question. Does it serve a purpose? Does Youtube give the person money or something?

So people use those free software deals to create the actual video and the free versions put the watermark on the video (purchase the software would mean no watermark). I am assuming that this is the case here

unless the guy watermarking this did so in some scheme to throw off YouTube's 3rd party content detection system (not saying he had any success there, but)

On another note, the dude/group who recorded his theme song -- Mark Crozer and The Rels -- is friggin' awesome. He put out an album in 2012 that's excellent, catchy power-pop. Nothing else has that dark edge to Broken Out In Love -- it's pretty sunny Beatles-influenced songs coming in around the 3 minute mark -- but it's terrific. Well worth checking out if that's your thing.

Shouldn't be surprise since "Live in Fear (Broken Out in Love)" is a fucking awesome song. And not just by wrestling music standards, but actually awesome.

559806.jpg

Thank your deity of choice that there's no chance of Naked Bray. 

Realistically, there's a statistically equal chance that he ends up Naked Bray, teaming with Santino by March 2015 as there is that he ends up a longterm top of the card heel. 

Well, I'd say with WWE being PG there is much less of a chance of Naked Bray, unless he were to be Naked Bray wearing a bodysuit.  And there's only one bodysuit man...

[img\http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DvsjGiMoUEc/Ts_c4XOQwpI/AAAAAAAAAnk/zvuJkhdRAec/s1600/bodysuitman.jpg

I think they might have the right idea by not making Bray wrestle a ton, it will keep him way fresher for way longer.  No one cares after you see the same dude wrestle 3 times a week for a year. 

And when he finally does get into the ring, like he did with Bryan on Monday, it actually has a huge deal feel to it.  They've done an awesome job with that.

WWE needs to bring back the flesh-colored body suit with airbrushed muscles.

In the spirit of Crash Holly weighing over 400lbs, the person wearing the bodysuit will be a 6'0/230 type who claims to be an elite bodybuilder, and will do bodybuilder poses at all times

• Like 1