DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

Why isn't there a WWE Cluedo? Find out who attacked Zack Ryder (Ryder is always the victim). Was it Kane in the lockerroom with a steel chair? The Shield in the parking lot with a sledgehammer? Brock Lesnar in the GM office with his bare hands? There should also be WWE Guess Who and WWE Monopoly.

Before I googled it and realized it was just Clue, I thought that was some sort of crazy Inspector Claudio Clouseau character from CHIKARA I never heard of and you were wondering why Cesaro didn't portray that character.

Now, I hate that I missed the Claudio-as-Sherlock Holmes character that never happened in Chikara.

Here's a question for the new year. What "wrestling stuff" have you taught your kids? As a homeschool parent, I've taught my daughter...

--- The multi-use word "gimmick"

--- Announcing the last name twice ("...Kennedy!")

--- How to spell "soft" - (S-A-W-F-T)

--- Ending your sentences with "brother," brother

And most importantly, ....

--- The Question ("Who betta than Kanyon?")

Next on the list: "Who are you to doubt El Dandy?"

Oh, and wasn't K-Fed praised for his good attitude and being easy to work with during his run?

And man, was Mongo bad at everything. Announcing, wrestling, you name it.

• Like 1

Here's a question for the new year. What "wrestling stuff" have you taught your kids? As a homeschool parent, I've taught my daughter...

Oh, and wasn't K-Fed praised for his good attitude and being easy to work with during his run?

Dressing up dogs as well.

• Like 1

Speaking of WWE House Shows

They are running the Patriot Center on Sunday (which is on George Mason's Campus thus 2 minutes from my office).

Anyway - the local advertising for it is Punk vs. Shield in the Handicap Match and Bryan vs. Bray in a Cage Match.

I guess this is a Team Punk show (or whatever the fuck they have branded the house show squads) but they are also advertising Mark Henry so it already is better.

So are you going?

Way I look at it is Joe thought he was too cool to be Umaga, so if he'd gone at that time we would have gotten a shit Umaga, no Cena series (amongst the other awesome stuff) and Joe would have been released and cut a bunch of bitter promos instead.

So I don't feel bad for him, at all.

Instead he ended up in the doldrums of TNA where he had a decent unbeaten streak, X division run, and a good Kurt Angle series before getting some stupid tribal stuff on his face and in essence disappearing off the face of relevancy and the earth.

And best you believe the bitter shoot interviews are coming to a Highspots near you.

I never got the big hub hub over Joe. Like he was bigger and fatter than the guys he was squashing, but never seemed "larger than life" when he wasn't squashing the likes of indy guys. Just fatter and shorter.. I feel the same way about Kong. In TNA she was a monster, but throw her in with the typical WWE diva, and the image isn't as strong.

Instead he ended up in the doldrums of TNA where he had a decent unbeaten streak, X division run, and a good Kurt Angle series before getting some stupid tribal stuff on his face and in essence disappearing off the face of relevancy and the earth.

And best you believe the bitter shoot interviews are coming to a Highspots near you.

It was a tribal dick on his face.

I never got the big hub hub over Joe. Like he was bigger and fatter than the guys he was squashing, but never seemed "larger than life" when he wasn't squashing the likes of indy guys. Just fatter and shorter.. I feel the same way about Kong. In TNA she was a monster, but throw her in with the typical WWE diva, and the image isn't as strong.

wrong-right.png

• Like 16

Way I look at it is Joe thought he was too cool to be Umaga, so if he'd gone at that time we would have gotten a shit Umaga, no Cena series (amongst the other awesome stuff) and Joe would have been released and cut a bunch of bitter promos instead.

...And because of Joe's too cool for school attitude Umaga died of a drug overdose. 

If you haven't seen anything of Joe but his TNA run, especially in more recent years, I could understand not seeing anything great in him. But the idea that his best work was "squashing indy guys" is laughable, nearly as laughable as the idea that Kong looked less of a monster in WWE.

And because they couldn't swear on Nitro, Mongo never even got the opportunity to sell merchandise with one of the the greatest one-liners in history.

That, and no animals could be hurt.

And because they couldn't swear on Nitro, Mongo never even got the opportunity to sell merchandise with one of the the greatest one-liners in history.

That, and no animals could be hurt.

However, he did say, "don't just stand there drinkin' coffee when a MAN's talking to ya!"

Joe should've beat Angle for the World title at Hard Justice 07 he lost all his momentum after that lost. I lost interest in TNA after that too cuz I realized they weren't gonna put the big belt on their own guys and relied on ex WWE and WCW guys too much. Which is a shame cuz Joe was something else during his ROH title reign he had an aura about him an old timey champion feel. Then when he debuted in TNA that crowd loved him and they wanted him to win that World title that night in August 6 1/2 years ago. You could feel the air being sucked out of the Impact Zone when all the goofy double cross stuff happened at the end of that match. The fans stopped caring and he stopped trying, by the time he won the title 8 months later it was too late the damage was done.

I never liked Joe's work as much as some his biggest supporters, but it is crazy to say he has anything less than one of the best Indy workers from 04-06. Really, he was the first of the Indy darlings from that period to not just be a great worker, but also develop an aura that really elevated him and everyone he wrestled. Joe's issue was that despite developing both early in his career and earlier than the other wrestlers in his generation, he didn't really continue growing, and was unable to adapt or change his character in order to keep his shine once he was not featured as heavily on tv. He also pretty clearly lost interest, but I don't think you can blame him on not giving TNA full effort every time. That's like baking a cake for an abusive spouse.