DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

BENOIT ALERT BENOIT ALERT

yeah, um, I can't really figure out how to grasp the topic of rewatching Benoit matches. But I guess he's emerging from "He who must not be named" territory. They're still not gonna stream the regrettable "Raw is Benoit" though

They can use the old RTC theme music for the warnings.

The "Raw is Benoit" episode was just really awkward. You could tell some of them already knew. I think it's William Regal who never once talks about Benoit as a person, but only about his in-ring work. The next night(?) on the ECW show, Vince talking about it at the opening of the show and erasing Benoit forever, at the time, was very surreal.

• Like 1

As far as WWE rumors go, I am much more found of the utterly unsubstantiated one I heard earlier today, with no quoted source at all, that The Undertaker specifically requested his opponent for Wrestlemania be...

DANIEL BRYAN.

• Like 1

yeah, um, I can't really figure out how to grasp the topic of rewatching Benoit matches. But I guess he's emerging from "He who must not be named" territory. They're still not gonna stream the regrettable "Raw is Benoit" though

The "Raw is Benoit" episode was just really awkward. You could tell some of them already knew. I think it's William Regal who never once talks about Benoit as a person, but only about his in-ring work. The next night(?) on the ECW show, Vince talking about it at the opening of the show and erasing Benoit forever, at the time, was very surreal.

Come on, please don't ruin this thread. (crossing fingers, hoping for no Benoit talk)

Joe circa 04-06 was probably the best wrestler in the U.S.

Probably in the whole world.

I don't watch enough international wrestling to make that claim.

I'd say Samoa Joe was the best wrestler in the US in 2004 and 2005 but not in 2006 with Bryan Danielson. In the whold world from 2004-2005? I'd have his second, just to Kenta Kobashi. I love the 2004 RoH trilogy with Joe/Punk. 2005 was Joe's best year in the ring, Joe was amazing that year. What a time period for Samoa Joe in 2004-2006.

As far as WWE rumors go, I am much more found of the utterly unsubstantiated one I heard earlier today, with no quoted source at all, that The Undertaker specifically requested his opponent for Wrestlemania be...

DANIEL BRYAN.

The thing in wrestling I'm most interested about is seeing who will wrestle The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX as that's THE match at WrestleMania since WrestleMania 23.

DANIEL BRYAN.

There was a news bit about how The Undertaker's wrestlemania opponents would secretly meet up with him at his compound/lair to practice the match. Apparently the WWE isn't too sure Brock would put that kind of effort into a match with Taker.

I'm just picturing Weekend At Taker's house. Maybe a nice BBQ and then they go downstairs to The Undertaker's dungeon. A couple years ago, The Undertaker rented out one of his houses in Texas to Angelina Jolie and her family while Brad Pitt was working on some movie and Taker's gym has a full scale WWE ring in it. That's a hell of a perk for a rental.

There has to be pressure on The Undertaker and his WrestleMania opponent because of the importance of The Streak and for match quality, The Undertaker's had the Match of the Year at WrestleMania since WrestleMania 23. So impressive is The Streak.

It's not BS. You're welcome to your opinion & I'm welcome to mine. The dude is a fucking dumpster. When he comes on screen, no one is saying or thinking "man, I really gotta see this guy!" No one is paying to see him, buying his merch or cares if he's on the show or not. Any show, any fed. T&A with Test, Hip-Hop Hippo, Tensai, Giant Bernard, A-Train, Prince Albert with Droz, etc. Dude has always sucked.

Let's not sing him praises 'cause some fuckers on the internet give him cred for wrestling in Japan & working Velocity back in the day. Dude is a total tomato can. No one cared when he left the first time. No one will care when he leaves again.

Quite off topic, but I need you guys' help. A software company I use for my e-commerce business is having a contest, with the top 3 getting reduced or free subscriptions. I would really appreciate it if even a few of you could vote for us here: http://woobox.com/mkzryt/vote/for/1803831 many thanks! The link is to their facebook contest page, safe as long as you don't mind seeing a man in tights.

What, you couldn't use the better copy that's on Youtube?

You mean I've been watching that fucking terrible video for years and there's been a better one available?

Fuck.

http://youtu.be/8OAPtwgknJU

But it has a big ugly watermark. Which almost cancels out the improved video. 

What the hell is the point of uploading a video and putting some ugly ass watermark on it? Serious question. Does it serve a purpose? Does Youtube give the person money or something?

• Like 1

What the hell is the point of uploading a video and putting some ugly ass watermark on it? Serious question. Does it serve a purpose? Does Youtube give the person money or something?

So people use those free software deals to create the actual video and the free versions put the watermark on the video (purchase the software would mean no watermark). I am assuming that this is the case here

It's not BS. You're welcome to your opinion & I'm welcome to mine. The dude is a fucking dumpster. When he comes on screen, no one is saying or thinking "man, I really gotta see this guy!" No one is paying to see him, buying his merch or cares if he's on the show or not. Any show, any fed. T&A with Test, Hip-Hop Hippo, Tensai, Giant Bernard, A-Train, Prince Albert with Droz, etc. Dude has always sucked.

Let's not sing him praises 'cause some fuckers on the internet give him cred for wrestling in Japan & working Velocity back in the day. Dude is a total tomato can. No one cared when he left the first time. No one will care when he leaves again.

U wrong tho

Damn, you beat me to it.

U wrong tho

He is wrong. 10 people on a messageboard might care.

• Like 2

I was thinking about Brock Lesnar's return to the WWE on the post WrestleMania XXVIII RAW. I particulaly enjoyed the pull apart brawl with John Cena on RAW when he busted Cena's mouth, the terrific match they had at Extreme Rules 2012 is the best thing from it. I liked more than most the match he had with Triple H at SummerSlam 2012, their best match was at Extreme Rules 2013, the great match with CM Punk at SummerSlam 2013 and his work on this week's RAW. The only thing I didn't like was his match with Triple H from WrestleMania XXIX. Brock Lesnar has that special attraction vibe that something is going to go down.

DANIEL BRYAN.

Source is this week's Observer.

So people use those free software deals to create the actual video and the free versions put the watermark on the video (purchase the software would mean no watermark). I am assuming that this is the case here

No that was just the user wanting his name on the video. It is some weird ego thing. 

Taker vs. Dbry would at least be a new match.  OTOH, it'd be nice if Bryan could actually win a Mania match.  So I dunno.

He won the last Mania match he was in.

True, but it was a tag match, and tag matches didn't mean dick at the time.

As evidenced by the fact that the match was quite forgettable.