DVDVR Message Board

May 2024 Wrestling Talk

23 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Teams of words please wrestling nerds?

Teems of words…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Teams of two get ready to screw... their opponents out of a decisive victory?

They came close to answering this question during the tag team survivor series match at Survivor Series 87 but whats the maximum number of wrestlers that can stand on the apron at once? 22 wrestlers?

although a match with no moves off the ropes because you can’t hit the ropes without knocking a guy down would be… unique.

• Like 4

Those tag team Survivor Series matches were a cool idea on paper. Then, in execution, you realize that with both superteams at full strength the (hard) camera cannot catch anything as all four sides are covered.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Just wanted to wish everyone here a very happy May 19th!

Don't know how I missed it that Natural beat me to it this year. I just love that so many still remember that weird storyline

Edited by StevieNippz
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

May be an image of 1 person, playing basketball, basketball jersey and text that says 'ricflairnatureboy ArT อ ៤ 45 CA ኃቶ Liked by kingkoley and 3,902 others ricflairnatureboy @spidadmitchell, Sore Calf? Really? You Would Think For 32 Million Dollars Annual Salary That You Could Have Participated In The Game Tonight And Represented Cleveland I've Wrestled In Rotator Cuffs, After Almost Dying From Surgeries & Airplane Crashes, And Never Missed A Match. Could Never Imagine Missing An Opportunity To Star In A Playoff Game For The NBA Championship. And You Represent Cleveland, So Disappointed! Apparently Tonight You Are Taking The Night Off At The Expense Of Your Whole Team.'

Think Flairs still on the sauce?

Is There An App Specifically Marketed To Shitty Old Rapists That Capitalizes Every Word?  I’ve Only Seen Flair And Trump Post Like This.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Also, wrestling, while physically demanding, is still a work.  You can have an easy match where you “take a night off” to nurse an injury.  You can wrestle your same old low effort routine match.  You can also wrestle six man matches around the horn like Flair did when he was injured in either the mid or late 80s (can’t be bothered to check house show results right now), where I’m sure the other Horsemen did the majority of the work.  So yeah, fuck Flair for lecturing a real competitive athlete and having the nerve to compare the two.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, The Natural said:

so the stuff with Kane happened in 2006.

year or two later, my buddy was telling us he was engaged. When he told us the date, me and a different buddy lost it laughing. Thought he was making a joke. he didn't appreciate us laughing. We would call him and leave messages just saying "May 19th" like that Kane montage. i don't know if he ever made the connection or just thought we were being weird.

cut to earlier THIS YEAR. a coworker told me she's pregnant. i ask the due date. you guessed it. May 19th. i laughed. it is difficult to explain why you are laughing about a date to someone over a decade younger than you with no frame of reference. it's been 18 years. why is this date burned into my brain?

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Is There An App Specifically Marketed To Shitty Old Rapists That Capitalizes Every Word?  I’ve Only Seen Flair And Trump Post Like This.

I've heard its a phone setting