DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JANUARY 2024

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Serious question: Was there really backlash over the prospect of Joe vs Hook? I’ve literally seen none. Some people seem excited. Where is he even scrolling? 

I didn't see anything on my socials but I'm not super deep since wrestling on social media can be really annoying. It's Joe's first defense, of course it's a lollipop. This is just more fun because it's a young guy and we'll get to see a little more out of Hook.

Same with Jinder, I haven't seen anything negative out there, we know it's just a stop along the way to Rollins/Punk.

Why would you not want to see Hook vs. Joe? That's stupid. 

What I want is more Hook hanging on his corner with his runners steady slangin. 

EDIT: Oh and let me guess... according to the neckbeards, Abadon is fat, right? 🙄

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Why would you not want to see Hook vs. Joe? That's stupid. 

What I want is more Hook hanging on his corner with his runners steady slangin. 

EDIT: Oh and let me guess... according to the neckbeards, Abadon is fat, right? 🙄

No, the argument is Tony's screaming about Jinder not being around or winning a match in a year and getting a title shot, when a month and a half ago Abadon wasn't on TV fir 2 years and was immediately in a title program, so Tony's grasping. His now fight with Bischoff is that Abadon had to win 1 match before the program.  It's not working well for him.

Dude probably did more to get Jinder over than his tomato can defense for Joe because he can't not be a fragile bitch online.

• Like 2

Well the Rock hasn’t been that good on the mic for 20 years now and Rollins was never great when I watched WWE so I’m not surprised that they’re getting out done by someone. TK needs to stop living on Twitter though cause he’s always just doing foolish stuff. It looks silly for him to be responding to the tweet from USA 

• Like 1

Joe vs Hook in a "brash young dude can't hang with a veteran but fights his ass off and doesn't know when to quit" story will be incredible.

Tony needs to seriously stay the fuck off Twitter.  It's embarrassing.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Jinder Mahal's title run was way more interesting than Seth Rollins has been.   

Garbage like that where they were being actively antagonistic against their audience contributed to creating a market space for AEW to exist. We don’t need to pretend that was good because Tony has decided to be very silly on TwiXter again. 

• Like 3

How does AEW have a social media code of conduct and fine people for their social media behavior when Tony Khan routinely melts down and acts like a jackass on social media? Sheriff Danielson isn’t going to say diddly squat about this. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Raziel said:

No, the argument is Tony's screaming about Jinder not being around or winning a match in a year and getting a title shot, when a month and a half ago Abadon wasn't on TV fir 2 years and was immediately in a title program, so Tony's grasping. His now fight with Bischoff is that Abadon had to win 1 match before the program.  It's not working well for him.

Here’s his response when Bischoff reposted someone bringing that up. 

5 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Here’s his response when Bischoff reposted someone bringing that up. 

Mark my words, this is very soon going to devolve into Khan bringing up Starrcade '97, Bischoff bringing up Punk, and me needing to just log off for a week or two

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

How does AEW have a social media code of conduct and fine people for their social media behavior when Tony Khan routinely melts down and acts like a jackass on social media? Sheriff Danielson isn’t going to say diddly squat about this. 

Do as I say, not as I do. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Mark my words, this is very soon going to devolve into Khan bringing up Starrcade '97, Bischoff bringing up Punk, and me needing to just log off for a week or two

No spoilers!

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Garbage like that where they were being actively antagonistic against their audience contributed to creating a market space for AEW to exist. We don’t need to pretend that was good because Tony has decided to be very silly on TwiXter again. 

I agree the majority of fans thought it was dogshit but he looked like a champion, acted like a champion, had a great look, had a cool entrance and entourage and the matches themselves were not that bad.  

Seth Rollins looks like a dweeb.  

49 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Have you ever worked a real job before? The boss can do whatever they want, rules don't apply. At my job only Friday is casual, yesterday the CEO came in wearing jeans and a hoodie. I didn't run home and change, excited about the change of policy, he can do what he wants and I can't.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 1/8/2024 at 4:09 PM, Infinit said:

I've been lucky to meet alot of wrestlers over the years. Working in the nightclub industry really helped me normalize interactions with celebrities. It helped that alot of the times I was a promoter/host, so I was on the same side of the "velvet rope" as them. 

A buddy of mine owned a venue and become really close with Randy Orton and Ric Flair. We regularly got comped to Raw and had afterparties at my buddy's club. So in the 00s I got to meet most of the WWE roster at some point. 

This year was a really good year for me when it came to meeting wrestlers. The FTR show in LA doesn't really count because I paid for a ticket. But later that night I met GiGi Dolin at a karaoke party hosted by Minoru Suzuki. Also met Ernest Miller and RVD that day.

My favorite this year though was going to the Jays game with @HarryArchieGusand Rob Viper and hanging with the AEW crew. @Mookieghana introduced me to Tony Schiavone! Got to shoot the shit with Bryce, Orange Cassidy, Angelico and Eddie Kingston during the game. Which lead to one of my favorite group pictures of all time:

So you just ignored TARO?

• Haha 1

I thought Tony flipping out was amusing. But I just looked at his Hook is 28-1 tweet. It has over 5.6 million views. If Twitter views translated into cable tv views they would really have something.

Seriously though, I look forward to Hook and Joe. I mean Hook is gonna try to suplex Joe and Joe is going to have none of that. But they'll build up to one suplex that will be amazing.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Have you ever worked a real job before? The boss can do whatever they want, rules don't apply. At my job only Friday is casual, yesterday the CEO came in wearing jeans and a hoodie. I didn't run home and change, excited about the change of policy, he can do what he wants and I can't.

The difference is that your boss violating the Casual Fridays taboo is confined to your office. Tony Khan routinely does this publicly and embarrasses himself, the AEW roster, his own company, and his broadcasting partners at Warner Bros. Discovery.

• Haha 1