DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DECEMBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

Can't tag folks but Fighting a Man With a Perm: They said on commentary a couple of weeks ago that Chucky T is off TV because he's been injured, so looks like just a temporary absence for the Kentucky Gentleman.

• Thanks 2

Man, reading Flair's tweet 75% of it is noise to me but I kind of like his self awareness at the end.  If it was legit anybody else I would almost feel sorry for somebody who's in a generation that's very different than the one that he thrived in.  But it's Flair and he frankly should only have been there for a couple appearances at most where he's reined in.  He is right in wanting to be there for Sting's retirement and he should.  But this is what happens when you have a multi year contract and have to use him somehow.

Since he's contracted I still think he's best doing backstage promos where they can edit out whatever.  But if he goes out there I hope they now know he needs to be on a short leash with a live mic.

Oh, and I don't post much in the AEW section anymore because of folks like Vileone.  And it saddens me to see Gordlow not as interested as he was before.  But I still love AEW to pieces and keep up on the news items on here.  I just prefer to watch the shows without looking as much on here before and after.  Plus with Dean gone the level of positivity he brought to the threads is very much missed.  When people are talking shit it can be a bummer as it's not as well balanced out by his lovely wall of text.  I'm not saying it's related to what any one person says about AEW (aside from Vile)  It's more just a general vibe more than anything.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

re: AEW's Triple Crown

i like that it is made up of titles from three companies (albeit two of those owned by the same man), but i kinda wish they could have appropriated a belt from AAA or CMLL to make it from the big three wrestling countries as well (sorry Canada).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

re: AEW's Triple Crown

i like that it is made up of titles from three companies (albeit two of those owned by the same man), but i kinda wish they could have appropriated a belt from AAA or CMLL to make it from the big three wrestling countries as well (sorry Canada).

il_570xN.2810904530_n8yy.jpg

Canada's title.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Well, Jade’s move has already gotten her some exposure. She was on the podium with other WWE Superstars (tm) when Undertaker presented the Big 12 championship MVP belt to Quinn Ewers. Only other person I recognized was Sheamus.

Excellent week of AEW TV. So many great matches (as per usual), but how they ratcheted up the promos/packages is the real true positive takeaway.  It's the kind of thing that if kept consistent could greatly benefit the performers, the matches, the presentation, everything! 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, ChrisPBacon said:

MJF is Baggins, holder of the 'ring', and Adam Cole is Samwise Gamgee with Samoa Joe as a cross between Boromir and Aragorn. The Eye of Sauron is 'The Devil'.

That's actually how I hope they deal with Danielson later on, where he wants to retire but he's either chasing the belt before he does or he has it and refuses to let go and it's like the siren song as part of his odyssey.

• Like 2