DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

well that and Kofi needs to be WWE WHC while defending under New Day rules

Kofi not getting MITB in favor of the quintessential lame-duck Sheamus is god damn disgrace. I would say that's the biggest missed opportunity of the year, but then I remembered they gave Brock's first post-streak loss to Taker and didn't have Cena put anyone over with the US challenge, so I can't quite say that in good conscience. I'd say it's a bigger travesty than Bryan's Rumble outing at this point, though.

This week's Raw proved New Day is main event level (imagine typing that out last December).

• Like 1

Is this "just keep dancing" thing this year's ice bucket challenge? 

Also, New Day are the best thing in WWE right now. Who'd have thought: you let guys use a bit of their natural personality and they actually get over with the audience? 

• Like 1

Xavier Woods IS pro wrestling.  He might be the worst wrestler in that video, but he's the FUCKING BEST.  

Seriously, after this amazing New Day run ends, Woods should be the next Paul Heyman.  Just stick good wrestlers who cant talk with him and they will be golden.

If Kofi were elevated to a main event singles run, most of the people here would be complaining about his weak-ass looking offense. He's fine in the midcard, but he would be quickly exposed if they tried pushing him farther than that.

I'm fine with elevating Big E for an title run. He was a lot of fun in NXT. He's mostly been wasted on the main roster. I have no idea why they called him up as heel muscle other than he's jacked and black. Dude has loads of babyface charisma. Only negative is he's really short.

Super serious Big E and his IC reign were disasters. Such a waste. If he were allowed to be an exaggerated version of himself (kind of like now), he'd be aces.

Edit: And by disasters, I'm referring to the character work and the apathy the crowd had for his character. He had some really fun matches, even though he made a lot of guys bleed like he was RVD.

Edited by Oyaji

If Kofi were elevated to a main event singles run, most of the people here would be complaining about his weak-ass looking offense. He's fine in the midcard, but he would be quickly exposed if they tried pushing him farther than that.

I'm fine with elevating Big E for an title run. He was a lot of fun in NXT. He's mostly been wasted on the main roster. I have no idea why they called him up as heel muscle other than he's jacked and black. Dude has loads of babyface charisma. Only negative is he's really short.

Only in WWE could 5'11" be considered "really short."

Only in WWE could 5'11" be considered "really short."

I had no idea he was almost 6'. He's just short by comparison then.

Most of the people here complain about everyone's weak-ass looking offense. Enough guys get knocked for it that I've stopped blaming the wrestlers and decided it's the WWE style's fault that Dean Ambrose has to do dumb shit like rebound clotheslines and elbow drops to standing opponents or that Dolph Ziggler does that "Russian-legsweep-without-the-legsweep" thing for his finish...

Super serious Big E and his IC reign were disasters. Such a waste. If he were allowed to be an exaggerated version of himself (kind of like now), he'd be aces.

Edit: And by disasters, I'm referring to the character work and the apathy the crowd had for his character. He had some really fun matches, even though he made a lot of guys bleed like he was RVD.

I kinda thought what hurt Big E was that they started throwing him in six-man tags with Cena and Sheamus against the Wyatts when they were red-hot...

• Like 1

Most of the people here complain about everyone's weak-ass looking offense. Enough guys get knocked for it that I've stopped blaming the wrestlers and decided it's the WWE style's fault that Dean Ambrose has to do dumb shit like rebound clotheslines and elbow drops to standing opponents or that Dolph Ziggler does that "Russian-legsweep-without-the-legsweep" thing for his finish...

Mark Henry or bust.

Chris Hero was wearing the Kofi shoes when he was selling gimmicks at BOLA

At this stage I'm okay with Hero as the Big Daddy Dink of New Day.

Humperdink-BigDaddy%20Dink.jpg

My favorite ring entrance (or at least one of them) is the bloated one DDP did with The Freebirds at Superbrawl 1. He's got the Diamond Dolls, Big Daddy Dink is the road boss. I just realized, at least on promos Xavier is the new DDP from this time. Just like DDP he constantly talks and doesn't take a breath. They should merge New Day and BAD together. Sasha and Xavier together would be gold.

• Like 1

I'm loving everything about the New Day/Team Bad collaboration.  I'd be happy as a clam if they teamed up.  It's pretty neat to think about the transition from the Attitude Era to what it is now.  It seems the best people to watch are a bunch of nerds and it makes for fantastic times.

Oh, and Sasha got in on UpUpDownDown and it's great.

• Like 1

www.thehistoryofwwe.com 

perchance?

History of WWE.com is probably the best bet.  They have results archives going back to at least the 80's (probably earlier), are very complete, and organize results both by event type (PPV, tv show, house show), or by year.  They'll have complete results in chronological order.

www.obsessedwithwrestling.com also used to have WWE results in chronological order, but I haven't visited that site in years.

Thanks, that's the kinda thing I was looking for and thanks also to everyone else for posting links too. Just remembered http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/too which has tons of results on it.