DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Eh, someone that hateful usually lets their garbage seep through in my experience.  But I'm jaded as all out on this topic.  I side-eye the shit out of it.  I realize that as a wrestling fan, that puts me in quite the quandry.

Personally, I'm not buying the entire 'someone else posted it' spiel.  I can imagine that happening, especially with a teenager, but I would also think she would have seen it long ago and deleted it at that time.

I can see that happening.  If you don't have your phone locked it's incredibly easy for a friend to just post stuff under somebody else's name as a joke.  All it takes is that somebody to step away for a couple minutes.  Normally it's stuff to get others online to react and think the user of that account lost his/her mind.

Granted, the post is rather extreme and I can see why one would call BS on it.  But there's is a sense of plausibility to it.

I'll answer the third man prediction like Ive answered all other mystery partner predictions since 2002: Rhyno. I mean jeez, just give the Rookie Monster Man Beast his day in the Sun already.

The Rookie Monster would be a great gimmick, complete with Sesame Street costume and insane promos about how much he loves to eat rookies after he does jobber squashes. Shit, this is basically just heel Ryback with blue fur and googly eyes. Can someone make this happen?

• Like 1

Supposedly Meltzer said something in one of the recent WONs along the lines of that Orton wasn't thrilled with the way he was being used and that since he is set for money he is in the kind of "Eh fuck wrestling" mood.

Hmm... this sounds familiar....

• Like 1

There's little room for Orton these days.  They need his main event spot for the younger guys, but you can't drop him down the card too far.  He gets stuck in no man's land, dueling it out with Sheamus every night.  He could work with Owens and Cesaro, but they're needed elsewhere. Ambrose vs Orton could have potential, but it could easily be hot garbage, too. Plus, who knows if he even cares anymore? (my guess is not really)  So Orton is the odd man out.

What is it that makes the offense in WWE so bad? I mean, off the top of my head I can think of:

• moves with contrived set-ups being worked in as a regular part of a guy's moveset (Ambrose's rebound clothesline, Orton's rope-hung DDT, etc.)
  • stupid-looking shit that's done solely because it's "original" (the Zig Zag, Ambrose's standing opponent elbow drop, etc.)
  • high spots being worked in as a regular part of a guy's moveset (Dean, you don't need to hit a tope suicida in every match; you neither Daniel)
  • making indie guys drop substantial portions of the moveset that got them there (does Dean Ambrose do anything that Jon Moxley did?)

So yeah Dean Ambrose is pretty much fucked...

That's a big problem that I've touched on before.  Everyone has to do all of their moves in every match.  Again, taking away anything organic that the company does.  A suicide dive should be a desperation move, not an every match move.  The stupid springboard stunner should be a once in a while "he did WHAT?" move.  There is no sense of suspense or desperation in a WWE match, because you know it's not over until everyone hits all their shit.

• Like 2

The thing I'm most sick of is all the kicks. I mean they each individually look great and stiff (probably too much so).  But too many people are using some form of kick to the head as a transition, a nearfall, a finisher, a greeting, an "I'm away from the office" email message, a designated driver, a fallback school, etc.

In like an Usos vs. Wyatt's match it might just kicks and suicides, suicides and kicks.

The fact that I'm blaming the Usos is a reminder of how long it's been since anything happened interesting enough to remember.

• Like 2

What is it that makes the offense in WWE so bad? I mean, off the top of my head I can think of:

• moves with contrived set-ups being worked in as a regular part of a guy's moveset (Ambrose's rebound clothesline, Orton's rope-hung DDT, etc.)
  • stupid-looking shit that's done solely because it's "original" (the Zig Zag, Ambrose's standing opponent elbow drop, etc.)
  • high spots being worked in as a regular part of a guy's moveset (Dean, you don't need to hit a tope suicida in every match; you neither Daniel)
  • making indie guys drop substantial portions of the moveset that got them there (does Dean Ambrose do anything that Jon Moxley did?)

So yeah Dean Ambrose is pretty much fucked...

That's a big problem that I've touched on before.  Everyone has to do all of their moves in every match.  Again, taking away anything organic that the company does.  A suicide dive should be a desperation move, not an every match move.  The stupid springboard stunner should be a once in a while "he did WHAT?" move.  There is no sense of suspense or desperation in a WWE match, because you know it's not over until everyone hits all their shit.

That's part of what made Christian so great. He was so good at 1) having a bunch of stuff but 2) varying how he went in and out of it in his matches. 

• Like 1

Orton's newly engaged, IIRC.  I'm assuming he wants time to be with the wife-to-be and future stepkids.

I can't imagine Jasmin will be popular with many folks now; being friends with Zahra before she got canned was likely to be held against her by some, anyway.  The best thing for her is to keep her hidden for a year and hope folks forget this.

Counting all of the actresses that have played his wife, Orton is approaching Flair country.