DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

This whole "WCW = Woman Crush Wednesday" thing is throwing me off. I just saw a Facebook post that said, "I want a guy who will make me his WCW."

Even ignoring the wrestling bubble, anyone who says that, just move on.

Even within the wrestling bubble, we've associated WCW with World Championship Wrestling for years. It is a bit jarring to see it in other contexts.

Athena worked several promotions here in TX, don't think Booker's ROW was her home base.

Yeah, Athena started in PCW in Arlington in 2007 before going to the then-PWA for further training under Booker where she briefly wrestled as "Trouble". ACW in Austin became her mainstay promotion and in 2010 she started with SHIMMER and quickly gained popularity there. After that she was all over the country pretty much. She hadn't worked for ROW in years before just recently making a quick return there. As soon as news of her signing became confirmed, she deleted her twitter account and deactivated her facebook.

I heard that Rosie Lottalove lost like 50 pounds or something like that and got a little better in ring? Any word on that?

Is true, now wrestles as Andrea and is a regular for SHINE among other companies.

B67OQ4qIIAE3T83.jpg

• Like 1

I always thought Booker T's promotion didn't get the school and all the fancy stuff until much, much later. Like, around 2012 when they re-branded as Reality of Wrestling. I've never heard the stories of WWE promising Booker that his promotion would be their developmental system, but I do remember reading about the thing between TNA, Booker and the Dudleyz' schools. In an interview with PWTorch, Booker doesn't mention that WWE opening up FCW was even one reason he left - it was mainly injuries, the Signature Pharm stuff, premature deaths and the work schedule. This was basically right after he left, though, so maybe it was brought up in an interview or something in the years following.

It's interesting now, because Booker supposedly wants a Harlem Heat versus Dudley Boyz match at 'Mania next year.

Stevie Ray was great in his role as a base for Booker. I think the fact that they were brothers and so close helped the team be as great as it was. Booker was the worker and the breakout performer of that team, Stevie understood that and played the background role. They're were no ego's in that team. Now they had they're differences years later but I think that was more brother stuff then business stuff.

I always thought Booker T's promotion didn't get the school and all the fancy stuff until much, much later. Like, around 2012 when they re-branded as Reality of Wrestling. I've never heard the stories of WWE promising Booker that his promotion would be their developmental system, but I do remember reading about the thing between TNA, Booker and the Dudleyz' schools. In an interview with PWTorch, Booker doesn't mention that WWE opening up FCW was even one reason he left - it was mainly injuries, the Signature Pharm stuff, premature deaths and the work schedule. This was basically right after he left, though, so maybe it was brought up in an interview or something in the years following.

It's interesting now, because Booker supposedly wants a Harlem Heat versus Dudley Boyz match at 'Mania next year.

It was in the newsletters around the time he left. TNA might have screwed him on something similar. 

He wanted his promotion to be considered for a developmental league. But WWE decided to go with Steve Keirn and FCW.

Given Rosie's new look and her affiliation with the newly re-signed Dudleys, I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up in NXT at some point.

She was given a look in June this year according to her Wikipedia page. Given their massive abundance of talent at the moment, why bother? Is there something specific she could add? I know it doesn't mean much in wrestling, but she has already retired once due to injuries.

Stevie Ray was great in his role as a base for Booker. I think the fact that they were brothers and so close helped the team be as great as it was. Booker was the worker and the breakout performer of that team, Stevie understood that and played the background role. They're were no ego's in that team. Now they had they're differences years later but I think that was more brother stuff then business stuff.

I always liked the angle they ran when Booker T was Television champion and when he got injured, Stevie took it upon himself to defend the title in Booker's place. (ie I'm now World Television Champion by proxy...what are you gonna do about it). It was basically an angle they could have run with The Steiners years earlier. In typical WCW fashion I can't remember what happened when Booker came back. This way way before all the stupidness of the new Harlem Heat and losing the letter T.