DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

RANDY ORTON-WWE UPDATE

By Mike Johnson on 2015-09-11 10:22:52

It appears that the angle where The Wyatt Family attacked Randy Orton on Monday was not to set him up as the partner of Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose, but to write him off television.

PWInsider has confirmed with a source within WWE Creative that Orton is not currently figured into storyline plans for the next several weeks, including the Night of Champions PPV.

I like Bray Wyatt a lot and I think there's money in him. It's the poor booking of his I'm not a fan of. I think the Bryan, Cena, and Taker matches showed he can go as a singles after all the insanely good 2013 six mans. He would be ten Times the star he is If he were in an environment that allowed him to be truly scary and brutally violent.

• Like 1

Yes  would say Bray as a character is kind of hurt with the no blood policy as well as some of the other policies around violent things like choking. I'm not big on guys blading or anything but his character is one that would be greatly enhanced by being able to really brutalize other wrestlers once in a while. also Bray with a crimson mask would probably be creepy as fuck

• Like 1

He has his thumb taped up.  Doing a spike to the throat would seem brutal while being pretty safe/basic.  The visual of him laughing and standing over someone, while they writhe on the ground clutching their throat, gasping for air, seems like it would be a pretty good one.

• Like 2

He has his thumb taped up.  Doing a spike to the throat would seem brutal while being pretty safe/basic.  The visual of him laughing and standing over someone, while they writhe on the ground clutching their throat, gasping for air, seems like it would be a pretty good one.

A thumb to the windpipe, paired with convulsing and gasping for air, is probably verboten w/r/t the sponsors.

RANDY ORTON-WWE UPDATE

By Mike Johnson on 2015-09-11 10:22:52

It appears that the angle where The Wyatt Family attacked Randy Orton on Monday was not to set him up as the partner of Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose, but to write him off television.

PWInsider has confirmed with a source within WWE Creative that Orton is not currently figured into storyline plans for the next several weeks, including the Night of Champions PPV.

Randy is going on a vacation.  Probably failed a drug test.  

• Like 2

That would make sense. He just had a long title run, and is no longer Cena's 1A now that the brand split is done. Some time off for him is good for his character too, lest he enter Sheamus/Kane/Show "get off my TV" territory.

Orton is mayor of the Sheamus/Kane/Show "get off my TV" territory.

• Like 6

Orton's newly engaged, IIRC.  I'm assuming he wants time to be with the wife-to-be and future stepkids.

I can't imagine Jasmin will be popular with many folks now; being friends with Zahra before she got canned was likely to be held against her by some, anyway.  The best thing for her is to keep her hidden for a year and hope folks forget this.

Orton's newly engaged, IIRC.  I'm assuming he wants time to be with the wife-to-be and future stepkids.

I can't imagine Jasmin will be popular with many folks now; being friends with Zahra before she got canned was likely to be held against her by some, anyway.  The best thing for her is to keep her hidden for a year and hope folks forget this.

Didn't WWE find in their investigation that her Twitter was used by someone else without her knowledge when she was a teenager? It's kind of hard to fault Jasmin for that if that's true, not the same situation as Zahra at all. And it's not like Jasmin came out and did the usual "I was hacked!!!" shit like Kurt Angle or someone does, WWE found that out.

If WWE said she didn't post it and it's true, then that shouldn't be held against Jasmin.  Now being friends with Zahra, that should be.  But then again, would it make a difference if Zahra was friends with other people?  Should they be looked at differently as well?  It's that whole guilty by association thing, and unless she shared racist beliefs with Zahra I wouldn't worry too much about Jasmin.