DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Question for anyone who saw SummerSlam 2015, did anyone on the announce team actually drink the Mountain Dew?

Same thing happened at Wrestlemania. They can't pee during the show though, so I can't blame them.

I just saw the pic from SS of JBL, Cole, and Lawler with the Dews and I just couldn't picture any of them actually ever drinking stuffing instead of potatoes. Lawler at least had the bottle open, but I was not buying JBL or Cole ever even trying stuffing instead of potatoes looking at that picture of them with the Dew bottles.

I'm sure everyone on the announce team has pissed in a bottle under the desk at least once.

Edit: I'm just going to leave in the boards changes.

Edited by sklba
  • Like 1

On the subject of bogus move claims, I didn't realize until Tommy Dreamer announced he was done taking Chokeslams that Heyman has sold the idea he invented the Chokeslam for 911.

Dreamer tried to argue that Taue adopted the Nodowa after 93, but I've seen him throw them in earlier matches and Undertaker was already using Nodowa style Chokeslams as a signature in 92 (Summerslam with Kamala).

My question becomes then, what's the earliest Chokeslam on record?

I wanna say it was Over The Limit this year, where the announce team had Diet Moutain Dews, and Lawler took a sip on camera and very ineffectively tried to no-sell the bad taste. It was one of the most hilarious counter-productive product placement spots I've seen.

Mountain Dew used to be slang for moonshine and the soft drink was targeted pretty hard at southerners at first.  It's become a cliche but, like most cliches, it has its origins in truth.  Google "Mountain Dew" and "the south" together or perhaps "Mountain Dew Mouth."

Well Mountain Dew does sell Dewshine. Comes in a jug.

51-ijUzOXDL.01._SR300,300_.jpg

As for Lawler, he's a huge Coca Cola fanatic. I think he's shown pictures of an entire room of his house dedicated just to old Coke memorbilia. I'd wager he probably only drinks Coke products so if you haven't drank anything else in a long time doesn't matter what it is. That taste hits and you'll be like ehhh.

I believe it was actually invented by the first NWA champion, Abe Lincoln...

1727813-fightly1.jpg

I think the WWE once said that Abe invented The Rock Bottom. It was known as The Emancipator. Truth be told that would be a fun name for a finisher.

I believe it was actually invented by the first NWA champion, Abe Lincoln...

1727813-fightly1.jpg

I remember Hogan talking about it.

The Hulkster and Honest Abe came up with the spot together when they had a match back in 1643. Hogan and Linc were coming up with a plan to free the slaves of America at the time and decided to "shoot it out" brother!

Later that night Hogan wrestled Undertaker infront of 93,000 people at the Silverdome (or was it the Superdome?) and ended up with a broken back from a botched Tombstone Piledriver.

Hogan held it together though and with the power of prayers, vitamins and Abe Lincoln, he drove to Madison Square Garden the very next day, where he became the only man to ever bodyslam the 2,000 pound Andre the Giant.

You forgot to mention his Metallica audition on the morning of the match with Andre. 

• Like 3

Ah yes...when Hogan helped Abe with the emancipation and got that free N-word pass...yeah, that's the ticket.

Didn't Hogan actually turn heel during the Civil War? I remember learning that Hogan marched into Ford's Theater when he saw John Wilkes Booth aiming the gun, that Booth dropped his gun and then Hogan did the unthinkable and dropped the leg onto Honest Abe.

Abe died from his injuries.

• Like 1