DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

According to Bret on the law, The DVD is going to be complete bullshit because of Martha's meddling.

I think Bret might be a little confused. He said that there wouldn't be any Stampede stuff on it but there it is in the listing. I have no doubt though that concessions had to be made to Martha though.

As for the match in Times Square, that was part of the big hype for Bam Bam vs. Lawerence Taylor. They had "open workout" as it was called with a ring set up. Didn't know they did matches so that's a cool little gem they dug up.

According to Bret on the law, The DVD is going to be complete bullshit because of Martha's meddling.

I think Bret might be a little confused. He said that there wouldn't be any Stampede stuff on it but there it is in the listing. I have no doubt though that concessions had to be made to Martha though.

As for the match in Times Square, that was part of the big hype for Bam Bam vs. Lawerence Taylor. They had "open workout" as it was called with a ring set up. Didn't know they did matches so that's a cool little gem they dug up.

Didn't they redo it a couple of years later in Boston for WrestleMania XIV? Wrestling outdoors in Boston in March sounds like being sentenced to the 2nd circle of hell.

Athena worked Booker T little indie promotion. I know that most the talent are lesser known indie guys from the Houston Area but has there been any other talent thats gone to NXT from his promotion I know the Uso's wrestled there before going to FCW. It would make sence for ROW to be another feeder system for NXT as well.

Athena worked Booker T little indie promotion. I know that most the talent are lesser known indie guys from the Houston Area but has there been any other talent thats gone to NXT from his promotion I know the Uso's wrestled there before going to FCW. It would make sence for ROW to be another feeder system for NXT as well.

She was trained by Booker and Scandor Akhbar.

Remember when Booker T was told his promotion was gonna be the developmental system for TNA. So Book when out and bought an expensive video production system and cameras then TNA management undermineded him and made the Dudleys promotion the developmental system for the company. Leading to Bookers departure from TNA. Chalk that up to LOLTNA. Why couldnt they use both companies? 

Athena and Busick are awesome, but I won't be fully satisfied until they sign Dalton Castle, damn it. 

While I would love to see Dalton on a huge stage, I'd hate to see him in the WWE. I know he did one match for one of those TNA "one night only" ppv's and they gave him girls. I can't imagine the WWE would ever let him do the full on Dalton with the boys.

Remember when Booker T was told his promotion was gonna be the developmental system for TNA. So Book when out and bought an expensive video production system and cameras then TNA management undermineded him and made the Dudleys promotion the developmental system for the company. Leading to Bookers departure from TNA. Chalk that up to LOLTNA. Why couldnt they use both companies?

It seems to be working out okay for Booker and Reality of Wrestling. Next week, their TV show moves to a better station and time slot, and they're building a combination school/TV studio for their home base. And he's got a couple of guys working for him that I could easily see getting picked up someday by WWE or ROH.

I vividly remember the line "The Heartbreak Kid doesn't lay down for anybody!" as well

He was saying that a lot at the time. I think he was such an obvious lame duck champion and a speed bump in Austin's ascension that they were trying to create intrigue around a shoot deal where Shawn would refuse to job.

I vividly remember the line "The Heartbreak Kid doesn't lay down for anybody!" as well

He was saying that a lot at the time. I think he was such an obvious lame duck champion and a speed bump in Austin's ascension that they were trying to create intrigue around a shoot deal where Shawn would refuse to job.

I wasn't sure if that was the WWF trying to approach it that way, or Shawn himself approaching it that way (and knowing EXACTLY what he was doing)

1. Remember when Booker T was told his promotion was gonna be the developmental system for TNA. So Book when out and bought an expensive video production system and cameras then TNA management undermineded him and made the Dudleys promotion the developmental system for the company. Leading to Bookers departure from TNA. Chalk that up to LOLTNA. Why couldnt they use both companies? 

...and got three matches out of Rosie Lottalove for their troubles.

I am certain that was WWE who screwed Booker on getting the developmental territory. They started FCW from scratch instead. It was a big factor in him leaving WWE years back. 

I was wondering if I was the only one who remembered the story that way.  Yeah, I remember Booker T being led to believe his promotion would become a WWE developmental system and they went to Florida instead after Booker sunk money into cameras and a few other improvements.  Almost certain that's the way the story was reported in Wrestling Observer.

Went to the Calgary house show last night. Reigns vs Wyatt street fight, Rollins vs Ambrose, Jericho vs Owens, Cesaro vs Harper, and a red-hot match between New Day (Big E and Xavier sans Kofi) and the PTPs. Also had Bo being Bo and huge hometown support for Nattie. It's difficult to rank these things, but definitely one of the better shows I've attended.

Compared to the paper-thin Huntsville show from last night, I'd say I really lucked out.

Dolph Ziggler defeated Rusev

Neville defeated Adam Rose with Red Arrow

Jimmy Uso defeated Heath Slater in a dance off. Uso superkicked him and Slater complained, demanding another match. Uso defeated him again but Slater wanted another match.

Mark Henry came out and defeated Slater.

Ryback retained the Intercontinental Championship over Big Show

Becky Lynch and Charlotte defeated Sasha Banks and Tamina Snuka

* The Dudley Boyz defeated Los Matadores and The Lucha Dragons in a Triple Threat. El Torito ran down during the match and attacked Matadores

Randy Orton defeated Sheamus with a RKO. Orton got the biggest pop of the night

I am certain that was WWE who screwed Booker on getting the developmental territory. They started FCW from scratch instead. It was a big factor in him leaving WWE years back. 

I was wondering if I was the only one who remembered the story that way.  Yeah, I remember Booker T being led to believe his promotion would become a WWE developmental system and they went to Florida instead after Booker sunk money into cameras and a few other improvements.  Almost certain that's the way the story was reported in Wrestling Observer.

There's a good chance I was remembering the story wrong.