DVDVR Message Board

So you didn't pay attention to the entire promo? Because he clearly outlines why he called him an "almost-man" and even said he was going to come out to shake his hand and hand over the US Title because Owens did beat him up until Owens' own promo on the show.

Steen's son owns a win over Excalibur from when he was an infant, so he's gotta be next in line for the US Title at least.

He called him a great wrestler. Said he kicked open the door when opportunity knocked. Acknowledged the "you got beat" chant and said "I got beat."

I mean, yes, he buried Ryback on the mic a few years ago, and humiliated the Rock. But he put Owens over huge tonight while acknowledging Owens whole deal of being an asshole that is also great.

I had this same discussion with Dylan on Twitter, and I'm just lost on this "buried" or "doesn't acknowledge that he lost" argument when I heard a promo that out KO over both as a worker and as a heel character.

• Like 2

Yeah. That promo was pretty self-explanatory. KO came out to gloat. And then he revealed that his son's favorite wrestler is John Cena and that's because Cena has a marketing machine behind him. We know KO from NXT plays the whole "family man" card but he's really a petty, jealous vindictive creep. The whole reason he did what he did to Sami was because he wasn't just overshadowed by Sami professionally... but KO's son wore Sami's T-Shirt. This is another extension of that.

Cena admitted he got beat but said that his catchphrases aren't a marketing ploy, but how he lives his life, and how he lives to inspire others (like the kid with cancer) to do better.

The great twist is that Cena told KO that "Never Give Up" could be his own mantra. Awesome.

• Like 5

I could have done without Cena mentioning sick kids in his promo, those lines don't need to be blurred..  but otherwise it was a great back and forth with he and Owens and I believe this was the first mention of "SUPER CENA" on WWE television. I know some here really hate that but I love that someone out there is still saying it and Owens is bringing it to TV.  Made me laugh a good minute.

Ryback did it during the early part of his heel run a couple years back.

The John Cena promo was great except for this completely ridiculous point about the XFL, Adam Rose, and Brodius Clay.  Does he actually think those guys were selling merchandise?  That made no sense.  

Not the point. The point was, if the WWE marketing machine were as all-powerful as Owens was implying, then they WOULD be selling merchandise.

• Like 2

Ambrose wins the title at MITB and they do a constant tease of "Will Roman cash in on his best buddy or not?"

Meanwhile, Triple H will punish Seth Rollins by bringing back Brock. This way Brock can get his revenge without winning the title.

Was thinking more HHH looks for a new face, Seth gets canned from the Authority and goes slumming with no friends anywhere, and Brock is returned to deal with Ambrose.

And we're at Bella turn 1,485. And how crazy that they bring back Twin Magic at a time that the Bellas couldn't look more different? lol

Anyway, I was digging Nikki/Paige especially since it looked like they were switching up the usual spots. Poor Naomi though. Always the bridesmaid...

Yeah I know refs are meant to be blind and they did the whole she kept her head down but how does a ref confuse Nikkie and Bries hair not to mention other things.

That Show punch was so off the mark you can see it just as well in real time as you do slow motion.  Horrible camera angle to showcase that.

Haven't seen the rest of the show yet, but Roman in three matches is not a wise idea.  Loved New Day both in their in-ring promo and Sonic commercial.  Honestly, I'd much rather see them hawking Sonic stuff than the two chumps they have now.

The Owens-Cena promo was tremendous.  Mentioning his kid like in the Sami feud was aces (and if they want there's the Instagram video for proof)  Both guys delivered in a way that I was on board with their line of thinking.  Yeah, it's curious that Rose was lumped in the merch comment, but he's a heel now.  Still sucks for him.  As for mentioning the kid who beat cancer, there's no sense debating this.  It was just a really sweet moment, and around that time I might have had something in my eye (allergies?  dust?)   It did fit into what Cena was talking about so I had no issues with it.

I'm surprised not a single person has complained that Bray Wyatt lost a match to a Roman Reigns, who already had two matches on the same show.

Even DVDVR seems to have given up on Wyatt.

Just reunite the Wyatt family already.