DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 12/27/2023 - 1/2/2024 - Apocalypse Yow!

Dolfan in NYC

I'm literally opening this as I'm taxiing at Cleveland-Hopkins.  

PPV this weekend!  Will MJF retain?? (Probably!)

Who will win the Continental Classic?? (Someone!)

Enjoy the rest of the year!

• Like 3

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to AEW TV - 12/27/2023 - 1/2/2024 - Apocalypse Yow!
2 hours ago, Matt D said:

The roster is posting on overdrive about tonight’s show. 

I think they realized that a lot of people that are on holidays/vacation have lost some track of what day of the week it is. Christmas being on Monday and feeling like a Sunday made it worse.

Things I remember from this week's episode of AEW Dynamite:

Moxley/Swerve/White started off like an ECW Arena brawl, only in a real arena. Also these matches are suddenly no DQ. Two guys fight, one guy rests. Eventually Swerve is knocked out of the way so that Moxley can pin Jay White.

Long lull between this and the next match.

Swerve is finally facing Keith Lee after the world's slowest build.

Don Callis has paintings and Sammy turns face again despite having a punchable face. Then we get Jericho and Sting and Darby as PPV build is going into overdrive.

Danielson/Kingston was a war. So it'll be Moxley/Kingston.

More angles. Christian and Edge fight. We're doing a month of PPV build a few days before the show.

We get Statlander vs Skye Blue real late in the night as Skye turned heel on some show I didn't watch. Julia Hart comes out. Willow's shirt barely covers enough of her chest. Abadon(?) does stuff. Surprised we're getting 4 matches instead of 3. Did someone fuck up the time cues.

Man... the main event is kicking off laaaate (it'll be a non-match). Satan's army is using the same entrance as Jon Moxley. Samoa Joe was been attacked by ninjas. So we're doing the same motherfucking angle twice in 4 weeks for this matchup. Nah, an actual match for however long it goes. More ninjas! The Army of Darkness has won the ROH World Tag Team titles! One of them can do a piledriver and cheats like a motherfucker. Samoa Joe is late and limping!

THE BLACK SCORPION HAS A MESSAGE just before Samoa Joe attacks MJF.

Okay, so we've just decided to kill the Devil thing and say it was Samoa Joe all along even if that probably doesn't make any sense.

So, MJF retains at the PPV.

Also go fuck yourself John Cena reality show, we join you in progress!

That was a real "typing your term paper 30 minutes before the class" episode of PPV building wrestling television. I probably forgot something in the first hour when they spent 30 minutes between matches.

• Like 1

A post of mine from 2 weeks ago

[quote]

Let me just lead with this was an amazing Collision, outstanding weekend of wrestling between ROH and Collision.

So, we are deep enough in the game that I think I can tell the direction the booking is going to go last next week. My predictions for the last results on each side

Mark defeats Jay to get on the board.

Swerve defeats Rush. Feels like that was always the expectation, and draws him even with Mox.

White beats Moxley, thus creating a 3 way tie on top of Gold league. This will lead to a triple threat as each of the 3 are 1-1 against each other.

Blue league is more spicy.

Danielson beats Claudio, eliminating Claudio from the competition and securing Danielson one of the 2 spots.

Garcia gets his 1 win of the tournament, upsetting King. this eliminates King and Garcia can feel like he finds himself.

Kingston defeats Andrade in the main event. This pulls him to a tie with Andrade, but since he just beat him head to head, Kingston wins the tiebreaker, thus giving him the second spot in the Blue league finals and a rematch against Danielson.

Gold League can go a lot of ways. My gut says Moxley wins, pinning White, avenging his loss and keeping Swerve decently protected. The Blue league is Kingston securing the biggest win of his career beating Danielson and giving him his match with Moxley to keep his belts.[/quote]

Ehhhhh I can call em. 

MJF getting beaten by one pipe shot and a Piledriver in 3 minutes after Jay White couldn't beat him in 30 minutes with the same injury and interference. Uh huh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As much as I enjoy ripping on AEW, and as much as I have been not watching AEW because of real life, I have to say that only AEW can give me something like Eddie Kingston and DB in an absolute classic. What a great story with Eddie trying to overcome his demons and doubt and etc. by finally beating the ultra smug BD and now has the AEW’s biggest boss, and his long-established frenemy, to get there. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

oh yeah... I have no idea who the woman was in the segment with Saraya and Ruby but she looked good and then randomly pulled out a knife. So I'm guessing Saraya wasn't trying to get Ruby on a date with a nice girl instead of Angelo Parker

That's Harley Cameron, formerly of the QTV Squad and the highlight of the group (outside of QT himself).

6 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Is Kyle O'Reilly cleared?  I wouldn't mind ReDragon being revealed as ROH tag champs, if anything to keep pressure on breaking Cole/MJF eventually?

i'm working off the premise of Taven/Bennett being under the masks, but i'm sure somebody does that version of a piledriver that would make it really obvious who one of the masked guys were.

Also, freebird rules, any two masked goons can defend the ROH Tag Belts.

1 minute ago, porksweats said:

That's Harley Cameron, formerly of the QTV Squad and the highlight of the group (outside of QT himself).

okay, that explains why I had never seen her on any of the AEW TV I had watched (because.. well..)

They wouldn't book this sort of angle in 2023/24 but I could see Saraya being dumb enough to just assume incorrect things about Ruby's tastes by looking at her and trying to 'ship her with someone else.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

i'm working off the premise of Taven/Bennett being under the masks, but i'm sure somebody does that version of a piledriver that would make it really obvious who one of the masked guys were.

MJF. The ultimate explanation will likely involve time travel or the multiverse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1