DVDVR Message Board

RIP The Funker

18 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Tearing up in a Taco Bell drive thru

Related video had this and has got me tearing up. Man did he rule so much in ECW.

EDIT: I'm sorry, @(BP)I didn't notice you already posted it. I'll clean it up once I get to my computer.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3

The first non-WWF wrestling show I saw was WCW, right after Flair won the title back from Steamboat and Funk piledrove him through a table. I was hooked ever since.

R.I.P. to the best to ever do it.

Edited by Ace
  • Like 5

Terry Funk has to be one of the great wrestler names that was also the wrestler's real name. Harley Race would be in the conversation for that. Not sure how to count the guys who used a last name that was pronounced the same and spelled differently than their real name (Rick Rude/Ric Flair)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

So goddamn awesome

THIS IS PRO RASSLIN!

Saw Funk vs Sting at a house show in ‘89. I was 11. I made a little “Sting” sign with a scorpion on it and all. I was waving it at Funk as he came down the aisle. He saw it and reared back like he was going to punch me. I ran like hell. Best thing that’s ever happened to me at a wrestling show. 

• Like 11

Also no thread about Terry would be complete without the two absolutely bonkers Real World Tag Leage finals from All Japan in 1977 and 1979. Still some of the wildest shit ever put to film.

https://youtu.be/XY5wtCuzOg4?si=6MqpCUBaa4GwYL4b 

The '79 match might be my favourite brawl of all-time.

• Like 6

Terry is, in my opinion, the best ever, the one true GOAT. He was top tier in ever aspect and was completely selfless because he knew the show would go on and that his job was to do the right thing for the show he was on. A class act and kind soul a rare thing in the crazy business he chose. RIP Funker you gave us everything you could and we’re all the better for it.

• Like 6