DVDVR Message Board

RIP DEAN RASMUSSEN

RIPPA

Evening Folks

Unfortunately, this post isn't the happiest of posts I have had to write.

DEAN is currently in the ICU in very critical condition.

I have been in touch with his wife occasionally since yesterday. Thankfully, I can say he is still with us for now but it is a very scary time for his family. I am erroring on the side of caution with respect to his family so I am not really sharing many details but please know all well wishes/good vibes would be greatly appreciated

If you feel so inclined - his family has set up a GoFundMe which can be found at the following link:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-dean-family-in-time-of-need?utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_content=undefined&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer&utm_term=undefined

I will post updates as appropriate

EDIT #1 (5/3 - 11:15 AM)

just wanted to pass on to everyone that the outpouring of support from here (DVDVR) and the wrestling community is greatly appreciated by Dean's family.

And the updates so far are positive

EDIT #2 (5/4 - 12:25 PM)

First a note in regards to expectations - this is going to be a long process. Insert whatever your standard cliché is here ("Marathon not a Sprint" being the one bandied about the most).

I also should note that I am not pressing for any updates. I take what I am given so it is possible things will go radio silent for awhile. Also, and I want to be honest about this, I am being extremely cautious with what I share.

All updates that I continue to receive have been positive, however, and if you have read the GoFundMe you probably realized this, this is still a very serious situation. To that I can at least say that it has been relayed that the family can start taking things "day by day instead of hour by hour"

Now as to not end on a somber note - Dean has been awake from time to time. His vitals are good. Communication is very limited at the moment but he is in a better way than he was on Monday.

And I will share this message from his wife "I told Dean about the support and comments from the dvdvr and he squeezed my hand."

Continue to keep his families in your thoughts. Donate and/or share if you feel so inclined

EDIT #3 - 5/4 8:30 PM

In an update I never wanted to write - our beloved Dean has passed away.

I have no further information than that.

Please tell those important to you that you love them

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 30

With his health issues recently I was thinking "What if?" recently but talked myself out of it.  I'm really bummed that that's now something to keep thinking about.  I really hope he comes around.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
Just donated and shared.

Sending him and the family my best.  I've been there many times, sitting bedside with good people who were suffering, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone... much less the King of TINY PANTS~!

20 years ago you, DEAN and the DVDVR, taught a young man who liked wrestling how to love it - and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for it. One day we will learn, through an outpouring of testimony and anecdote, the level of your impact on the artform and industry of professional wrestling. I guarantee it will be more than any of us realize. But I do not want that day to happen any time soon.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 19

Really hoping for the best. His posts are always such a joy to read. His free tv match polls are what has led me to watch and enjoy things like CMLL again after having not watched for around a decade or so. 

• Like 9

When I first started coming online in the mid 90s wrestling sites were among the first things I sought out. Dean's was a name I remember seeing attached to articles in my internet wanderings and have always enjoyed his reviews and recaps in the years since. No matter what he was reviewing or what he had to say about it, I could feel his passion for wrestling there and am sure he has the same passion for his family and other areas of his life.

• Like 3

Pulling for Dean and his family. I don't really want to think or say any more than that because of where my brain goes with this type of stuff. Just hoping for the best.

• Like 3

Dean's Dick Murdoch impression on the Segunda Caida radio shows still make me laugh. Donated and hoping for the best for him and his family

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I will edit this into my first post too but just wanted to pass on to everyone that the outpouring of support from here (DVDVR) and the wrestling community is greatly appreciated by Dean's family.

Cheers, RIPPA. Lots of love to DEAN and his family. Fighting spirit xxx.

Edited by The Natural

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I will edit this into my first post too but just wanted to pass on to everyone that the outpouring of support from here (DVDVR) and the wrestling community is greatly appreciated by Dean's family.

Prayers for everyone! As others have said, I only want to think positive thoughts when it comes to stuff like this.