Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
The Natural

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Recommended Posts

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Popping back in to give my gratitude.

@West Newbury Bad Boy

@thee Reverend Axl Future

@BurningBeard

@Robert s

All stepped up to make this board a better place. The Brians thank you - The Real Brians, not the phoneys like @Brian Fowler, who like the Macho Man Randy Savage, wasn't there when Brian Crush Adams needed a friend. You let me and more importantly @Rippa know that I've still got a little bit of that March Madness magic left. 

tenor.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peck said:

 

I got his autograph at a Wizard Con because his booth looked just like that and I felt bad that he was next to Chloe from Smallville (at the height of that show in like 2003, so there were hundreds of people in line.) He didn’t seemed concerned about it at all, and I paid twenty bucks for a signed headshot, then he gave my buddy a signature on his con program for free. My friend’s mom made him give me ten dollars even though he didn’t know who Virgil was and didn’t care about the signature at all. Anyway, Chloe’s in jail and Virgil’s still making that Olive Garden money, so it all worked out. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, jaedmc said:

Popping back in to give my gratitude.

@West Newbury Bad Boy

@thee Reverend Axl Future

@BurningBeard

@Robert s

All stepped up to make this board a better place. The Brians thank you - The Real Brians, not the phoneys like @Brian Fowler, who like the Macho Man Randy Savage, wasn't there when Brian Crush Adams needed a friend. You let me and more importantly @Rippa know that I've still got a little bit of that March Madness magic left. 

tenor.gif

That gif is a pretty good explanation for why the Brians deserved to lose.

Also, comparing Fowler to Macho Man is pretty complimentary for what I'm assuming is supposed to be an insult. And if there was a Team Hiro, they'd have walked the first round (Hiro Hase, Masahiro Chono, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hiro Matsuda and Hiro Saito is a killer crew).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jaedmc I’ll be honest, it was a struggle to not vote Barry but that would’ve mainly just been for Windham 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched BattleBowl 1993 after Wrestlemania ended. Aside warning people not to watch this the best part was during Steamboat/Regal vs Orndorff/Shockmaster when Schiavone and Ventura are talking about Regal beating Steamboat who had beat Orndorff for the TV title. Ventura says something to the effect of "Shockmaster lost to a wall. No walls in this match"!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are WWE's plans going forward?  I guess they have a taped show for tonight?  Are they still planning to try to tape RAW and SD somewhere?  

Also, what are they doing with ESPN and Fox.  ESPN announced three weeks of Wrestlemania rebroadcasts, the last of which aired yesterday.  Anything else planned?  Fox Sports 1 has some sort of deal with them on Tuesdays, but it looks like it might be for backstage features.  Tomorrow night is a marathon of Wrestllemania 24/7 specials.

I"d probably watch if they ran edited replays of old PPV's on FS1 or ESPN, but Vince probably doesn't want to pull subscribers away from the network to do that.  I could just re-subscribe to the Network, but I probably won't.  Don't enjoy watching on the computer much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raw tonight was taped last week. So they have that at least.

After that - who the hell knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really surprised they didnt do both Raw and SD while they had everyone on hand, at least for the post Mania show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like everyone in the Lucha folder knows this and you all need to know this

Zona 23 is the shit

Zona 23 is on Independent Wrestling TV with a subscription

Watch Zona 23.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, AxB said:
That gif is a pretty good explanation for why the Brians deserved to lose.

That gif makes me embarrassed to have the same name as that buffoon. 

 

May he rest in peace. 

Edited by BrianS81177

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently WWE is going to go the way of AEW and tape from "secret locations" for awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

I feel like everyone in the Lucha folder knows this and you all need to know this

Zona 23 is the shit

Zona 23 is on Independent Wrestling TV with a subscription

Watch Zona 23.  

I wish I could give this more likes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

 

Also, what are they doing with ESPN and Fox.  ESPN announced three weeks of Wrestlemania rebroadcasts, the last of which aired yesterday.  Anything else planned?  Fox Sports 1 has some sort of deal with them on Tuesdays, but it looks like it might be for backstage features.  Tomorrow night is a marathon of Wrestllemania 24/7 specials.

I"d probably watch if they ran edited replays of old PPV's on FS1 or ESPN, but Vince probably doesn't want to pull subscribers away from the network to do that.  I could just re-subscribe to the Network, but I probably won't.  Don't enjoy watching on the computer much.

I think they should air the Edge or the Undertaker documentary or one of their better recent network specials that could probably gauge the interest of ESPN veiwers. Something that is fairly recent, maybe even the Bret or Undertaker Broken Skull sessions.

One of the recent WWE 24 documentaries that feature behind the scenes from the bigger shows like RR or Wrestlemania that could get people familiar with the modern guys and have people like Goldberg or somebody like that that those veiwers are familiar with. 

 

Edited by Ziggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw WM was offered by Fox for 60 bucks and that probably signifies the deal Vince was talking about on the last conference call. My assumption is that's it for the big 4 on the network. From now on those jokers go back to 60 bucks. 

Has anyone read anything about that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Peck said:

Apparently WWE is going to go the way of AEW and tape from "secret locations" for awhile.

Live from Saudi Arabia?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I hope the "secret locations" thing is just a green screen, so everything looks like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. Add the health bars and timers while we're at it.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is Good Ol JR, and AEW is coming to you live from...my ass


BOOM SHAKA LAKA

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Live from Saudi Arabia?

It's SATURDAY NIGHT!

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Actually, Dana White claims UFC is going to buy/rent a private island and resume running weekly events later this month.  So i’m going to be disappointed if Vince doesn’t build a space station and start running live shows before a sold out audience of moon people.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...