DVDVR Message Board

WWE TLC 2017 POSTSHOW THREAD (aka the one where everyone got sick)

RIPPA

I haven't gone through the entire thread, but did anyone bring up the fact that no matter how real life tough Kurt Angle is, his face makes him the least intimidating person on earth?  When he walked up behind Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose me and my friend just busted out laughing because he just looks like a goober.  Seriously, that dude could rip my arms off and beat me to death with them, but I still wouldn't be able to take his goofy face seriously.  

7 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I haven't gone through the entire thread, but did anyone bring up the fact that no matter how real life tough Kurt Angle is, his face makes him the least intimidating person on earth?  When he walked up behind Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose me and my friend just busted out laughing because he just looks like a goober.  Seriously, that dude could rip my arms off and beat me to death with them, but I still wouldn't be able to take his goofy face seriously.  

Yeah, he totally looked like someone's dad trying to hangout with his teenage sons and cramping their style.

39 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

The Bullet Club used to be this cool mysterious Japanese stable that I only knew about because The Young Bucks sold the shirts at PWG shows back in 2014. Now it's a stupid internet meme.

You're being too overly critical, bro.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Don't worry he's a wrestler so he'd probably gouge your eyes out first. This way you wouldn't have to look at his goofy face.

I liked the escalation from Just Happy to Be Here Kurt to Veteran Who Bit Off More Than He Could Chew Kurt to Pissed Off Wrestling Machine Kurt. 

The hype video was better than it had any right to be for having no TV build to showcase.

The collective groaning whenever Elias was announced killed me. 

4 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I liked the escalation from Just Happy to Be Here Kurt to Veteran Who Bit Off More Than He Could Chew Kurt to Piss Off Wrestling Machine Kurt. 

The hype video was better than it had any right to be for having no TV build to showcase.

The collective groaning whenever Elias was announced killed me. 

I can't lie I popped for Kurt coming back and Olympic slamming Sheamus and Cesaro, but just look at this...

Angle-Shield.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I dozed off during the main event and woke up and saw Ambrose and Rollins getting worked over. I thought I was watching video game clips from the new game where you just keep beating up someone because there's no knockout option for the match. Ambrose needs a vacation after that match. Poor guy must dip himself into a bathtub full of ice after some nights.

I suspect Kurt's mega hero return probably would have been the same spot for Roman had he been in the match. Just not nearly as awesome.

Kane and Braun randomly feuding in the middle of the match? Okay, sure whatever.

53 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I can't lie I popped for Kurt coming back and Olympic slamming Sheamus and Cesaro, but just look at this...

Angle-Shield.jpg

My friends and I were so fucking hyped for Angle's return, then he did the above and we all laughed and thought it was adorable wrestling dad. HOWEVER, you could see his expression change from "happy to be back" to "Let's fucking do this!" by the time they got to the stage floor. He looked in the zone as he jumped over the barricade. He was as good as I could have imagined all things considering.

That's two shows in a row where I've enjoyed the stunt show main event over the far superior technical match. I thought the main event was a total blast even if it was a bit bloated and took too long between the big spots that everybody knew was coming. I was hoping the heels would go over to set up a survivor series match with Roman returning and Jordan added but I completely get not wanting to job Kurt out on his big return.

I love Braun, but it's time to shave his head. That hair is such a bad look right now.

2 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Rewatching the main event, Angle should've came back out wearing his singlet. That would've been the cherry on top of the absurdity sundae. Kinda like when Corporate Kane would get put in an ambulance with a broken leg and then come back out fully dressed in his mask and costume, fully healed.

I was expecting that, I think he had the singlet on under his gear. I was bummed he did not get his own entrance complete with his old gear. 

Whoever booked that main event must have been on some damn strong cocaine but everything worked. I love how the only way to contain Strowman is to keep him constricted in a garbage truck. Like if he didn't look like a damn chump losing to Lesnar he'd be the biggest star in the business by now. Also Angle did as much as he possibly could without actually killing himself so overall it was a success, dug his music hitting and the Angle slams through the tables.

Felt like AJ/Finn could have gone another 10 minutes, but I get this isn't a 1 and done thing. Good match that wasn't ruined by 283873 kick outs.

Corey calling Booker out on his shit is well worth Booker staying on commentary for the time being also, plus Booker can be hilarious at times. He's a vast improvement on the no personality Otunga. 

7 hours ago, w. josh said:

Also, Cole busted out a "just loves to have fun in the ring and entertain the Universe" on ASUKA. Jesus.

Watched the show in a PSN chat with @PetrolCB and one of our GTA friends. You could tell who was a few seconds behind the others because all three of us said "Shut up Cole!" in response to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

Angle-Shield.jpg

How do people not love that Kurt is incapable of breaking character no matter where/what he is/doing. This is the guy he is. Heel or face. It doesn't matter what outfit you put him in.

hat.0.png

He is only capable of two emotions: "Clueless happy jock dude" and "guy who will give you a running start before he kills you."

• Like 4