DVDVR Message Board

WWE TLC 2017 POSTSHOW THREAD (aka the one where everyone got sick)

RIPPA

3 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

With Cole, the voice of the WWE, loudly supporting Elias, it sends a mixed message to fans on whether or not they should be supporting someone like Jason Jordan - someone whose push they've already mishandled from the start.

But Cole is the voice of the WWE and the WWE is Vince and for some reason I can see Vince loving Elias so that's why Cole's support for Elias makes sense in my head. The other option is Cole just likes to annoy Graves and is supporting Elias just to get under Corey's skin.

The commentary is maybe the worst it's ever been at this point (yes, even worse than Heel Cole). Graves is great and Cole is Cole, but Booker screws up EVERYTHING. On one hand, everything he says contradicts whatever story they're trying to tell, and it's impossible to figure out what his point is most of the time. On the other, Graves and Cole are so openly incredulous and hostile to everything that he says that it ruins the flow of commentary and makes Booker (almost) sympathetic.

Also, Cole busted out a "just loves to have fun in the ring and entertain the Universe" on ASUKA. Jesus.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

One other really weird thing on the commentary is Graves has staked out his anti-Elias stance - which in and of itself is fine, I guess, the heel announcer doesn't have to love every heel and it would make sense for Graves to not love struggle acoustic balladeering - but then Cole is supportive of letting Elias sing, which, like, why?

All I have left to watch is the main event and this was a perfectly acceptable show so far. AJ vs Finn was excellent and the crowd was super hot for it, they were hot for Asuka and her match was pretty good, and I liked the 205 tag match a good deal.

Watching the main event entrances now and when did Angle become an animatronic...thing? Ever since he came back he always has this very weirdly static smile on his face like someone has held a gun to his head (lolvincelol) and forced him to smile. When he starts talking or doing something he's fine, but then he stops and resets into this power save mode with this goofy smile on his face.

Asking as someone who only watches the PPVs and not the weekly tv: Does it seem likely (or even possible) that they would just sort of drop the whole Shield thing now, intentionally keep Roman out until the Rumble, and bring him back as a surprise entrant?  Or would they put him back on tv ASAP?

Per Meltzer - no one else was considered for replacing Reigns besides Angle as they felt they needed something that was comparable to the Shield reunion in its spot.

Basically Dave said that neither Brock or Goldberg would have been "big" enough since they wanted something "special" that equated to the Shield reuniting. (Not saying that Brock or Goldberg were considered. More examples to show what their mentality was.)

In fact - Dave says that he has no idea who they would have gotten if Angle said no. (Daniel Bryan is the only other person I can think of based on their requirements for the spot.)

Several folks were considered to replace Bray as they basically just wanted someone who would have a good match with Balor

Yup.  I think Rippa posted in the older TLC thread they're keeping the Shield together until at least the Rumble.  

Which makes me drool at the possibility of in January, somewhere around entrant 20 or so, hearing "Yup Yup..." and seeing The Shield and The Club murder each other in the ring.

11 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

WWE needed to go full Lucha Underground and we cut to a landfill at the end of the ppv as Kurt and The Shield are celebrating and suddenly an arm bursts out of the ground while we hear a scream of "BRAAAAAUUUUUNNNNNN!!!"

Thunder and lighting striking at the same time optional. 

WWE has more money than Lucha Underground. We need exploding garbage truck with Braun walking out of the flames.

• Like 4

Braun needs to walk out on Raw eating the bumper of the garbage truck, then loudly licking his fingers clean. While Cole and Graves marvel that Braun ate an entire garbage truck Booker will burst in saying "No...no...he didn't eat that whole thing...he just ate the bumper." 

56 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Shame they didn't find one.

What the bloody hell is the matter with you? I could have easily watched Finn and A.J. go for an hour. An absolutely terrific match and one that should finally shut up the Finn haters.  The only thing (other than more time) that could have improved it would have been for Anderson and Gallows to join them in the ring at the conclusion.  That's the real Bullet Club, not this watered down version  we have now with some twit with an umbrella and bird mask prancing about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Brysynner said:

But Cole is the voice of the WWE and the WWE is Vince and for some reason I can see Vince loving Elias so that's why Cole's support for Elias makes sense in my head. The other option is Cole just likes to annoy Graves and is supporting Elias just to get under Corey's skin.

I mean it "makes sense" in that regard, but it doesn't make sense when they're desperately trying (and miserably failing) to get Jason Jordan over as a face.

31 minutes ago, OSJ said:

What the bloody hell is the matter with you? I could have easily watched Finn and A.J. go for an hour. An absolutely terrific match and one that should finally shut up the Finn haters.  The only thing (other than more time) that could have improved it would have been for Anderson and Gallows to join them in the ring at the conclusion.  That's the real Bullet Club, not this watered down version  we have now with some twit with an umbrella and bird mask prancing about.

got-one-hook-line-and-sinker.jpg

Very fun show top to bottom. I like Alicia Fox getting a little more play and Emma looking like she can hang cause that roster isn’t deep enough to have more than one Dana Brooke. Enzo and Alexa winning were the right moves. Kalisto is fine and all but nothing he does is spectacular enough to make up for being a blank slate as a character. Not sure if that’s just the WWE style hampering him or what. Balor/Styles was why I watched and I loved it but I’m done with this corny Demon BS. I was kind of hoping Sister Abigail was going to retire the gimmick but I guess we’re stuck with Irish dreadlock Venom for a while still. Main event was ridiculous. I personally hope the dump truck is at Raw tonight and Braun just walks out the side of it like the junk yard scene in Superman 3.

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

Its like the nWo had a C team of The Artist, Mike Sanders. Kiwi, Lash Lareux and Hugh Morrus. 

3 hours ago, w. josh said:

Also, Cole busted out a "just loves to have fun in the ring and entertain the Universe" on ASUKA. Jesus.

I thought I heard that right. Asuka just loves to have fun...by stretching your body in ways it shouldn't and leaving you a broken heap.