DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

23 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Was it Roman who coughed up fake blood last year? 

I think it was this year. But, yeah, after John Cone handed him a blood capsule on camera. 

**edit** 

Oh, you were right. Byron visibly passed him one on the announce desk too. I forgot about that. 

I fail to see how they're marks. They're playing to their gimmick of reviving tag team wrestling. Then they threw in a FTR jab. So yeah, I don't see how they're being marks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I fail to see how they're marks. They're playing to their gimmick of reviving tag team wrestling. Then they threw in a FTR jab. So yeah, I don't see how they're being marks.

Yeah I don't see it either. They're heels making outlandish statements. Maybe he's talking about the comment section in Instagram? A whole lot of people in there using #FucktheRevival. 

Wait I'm lost, are you a mark for staying in character on social media? Or are you a mark if you break character on social media? Put me in the column of people who don't see anything wrong with The Revival heeling on Instagram.

• Like 1

Well if this doesn't turn Roman into a super over babyface nothing will  

While this was probably not the reason for the split, since the split was teased months ago, Enzo Amore right now has a lot of heat on him. There was an incident on the tour bus when the talent was traveling together several weeks ago. We haven’t been able to confirm the details as to why this happened although it had to do with the business and it upset many to the point that Reigns kicked Enzo off the bus and for a time he was given “Miz treatment” in that he wasn’t allowed to dress in the locker room. The line where he talked about his real life being better than his fantasy life was something of a shoot in the sense he’s now based in Los Angeles and having a great time in his non-wrestling life. He was also legit not happy at the breakup of the team, because in reality, it’s hard to see what his prospects are on his own given the way he’s been portrayed as a guy who is a joke when facing real competition

Cass has some heat, particularly with his views on politics as he’s a strong Trump supporter in a locker room where many don’t share those views, but management is super high on him and unlike with Enzo, the reaction of the wrestlers to him will not affect his push, at least right now. But the reaction to him is pale compared to that of Enzo

18 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

I love pro wrestling and no offense to the workers on the board, but man, they can be such babies about small shit.

To be fair - everyone can be babies about small shit

• Like 2

Isn' Enzo like Miz in the sense that what you see on TV is what you get in real life? I could definitely see Enzo not shutting the fuck up on a tour bus and getting booted.

Regarding Cass: I dunno. That story seems like bullshit. Does the WWE locker room, largely well to do white athletes, seem like they'd be mad at a guy for supporting the President that the company is aligned with? 

I see Enzo partying with Drake's dad & the Weeknd regularly on instagram, he probably think's he's a bigger deal than he is. That being said as much as he sucks in ring, his promo's the past two weeks have been pretty great, it'd be a shame to see him get shit canned over something so innocent. Big Cass is whatever, Steve Austin is a trump fan, as is many other guys on the roster including JBL, it is what it is. Politics meshing with wrestling sucks, it's part of the reason ZSJ has been repulsive lately. 

So while every wrestler in the country seemingly migrates to Florida at some point to escape state income taxes, Enzo leaves Florida to go to a state with some of the highest taxes?  That is not smart, my man.

I'm certain there's many in WWE that are Trump supporters, but that's not unlike anywhere else that'd have reasons to like the guy.  Maybe he's espousing his views in a super-annoying manner that's meant to agitate people.  If so then that's where it becomes an issue.  Heck, I had to get off the bus early because two dingbats were loudly talking about polotics, regardless of one's stance there's more civil ways to discuss things.  I'd wish for failure but unless a miracle happens I'll save that wish since he'll fail.  Maybe he should tag with Sam Adonis.

As for Enzo, I'm sensing the reason that his recent promo were so good was because he felt like he was fighting for his career/self respect.  Looking back there seemed to be that sense of desperation in his eyes.