DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

40 minutes ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Where can we buy these at?

No idea.  I stumbled across the pic while I was searching Google Images for something else.  Not even sure I could find the photo again.  The site I looked at wasn't a retail site, though.  Sorry.

1 hour ago, cubbymark said:

Gypsy Joe kind of works, too.

The amazing thing about that was that New Jack was legit trying to beat the guy and he just no sold it like he was one of the Road Warriors. Gypsy Joe was one tough motherfucker.

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

The amazing thing about that was that New Jack was legit trying to beat the guy and he just no sold it like he was one of the Road Warriors. Gypsy Joe was one tough motherfucker.

Maybe a decade earlier and New Jack would be in traction. 

Saw some shoot video where New Jack tried to convince someone he could take Haku. Tried to say he could get the jump on him later. Which would be impressive for a one eyed man. 

5 hours ago, sabremike said:

That was Joe's style. You should see the fight he had with Mighty Inoue right before this match on one of the Schneider comps, it was vicious. The man no-sold before it was a bad habit, and he would beat the living shit out of you.

EDIT: I also think that if Jack had watched this match before working with him, and if Joe hadn't hit him in the eye to start, he would have understood that Joe was Jack before Jack was Jack and they deserved to cooperate. 

First time I heard of Joe was in a 1996 Pro Wrestling Illustrated article. Jeff Jarrett had his second falling out with the WWF in 1996 and was back in the USWA and won the Unified belt. They had him ducking Lawler and Brian Christopher and he chose this old guy named Gypsy Joe, thinking he would be a walk in the park. Instead he nearly loses the title to him. 

Ha, that pic reminds me of a story Heenan used to tell. He said that Andre got on a plane and was hammered. He started fiddling with the seat rest thing and ordered a Screwdriver drink from the stewardess. The stewardess brought him an actual screwdriver and Heenan took it. He told her, "he's 500lbs and hammered. Why would you bring him tools? He wanted a vodka and orange juice. A Screwdriver. What would you have done if he ordered a Bloody Mary?"

• Like 16

15 hours ago, Victator said:

Maybe a decade earlier and New Jack would be in traction. 

Saw some shoot video where New Jack tried to convince someone he could take Haku. Tried to say he could get the jump on him later. Which would be impressive for a one eyed man. 

How dare you doubt the next Denzell.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2017 at 5:01 PM, Hoarr said:

Please don't shut this down, it's all I have.

tumblr_ny8xewug361uk8cw7o1_540.jpg

"Sen. Sam Brownback displays a video game (ECW Hardcore Revolution) and associated action figure (New Jack) during the hearing on marketing violence to children September 13, 2000 on Capitol Hill in Washington.

September 13, 2000" (Via CelebGames)

If both men ran for Kansas Governor today, New Jack probably beats him.