DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Always a little odd seeing non-CWF shows in Florida, even knowing Pensacola was one of the Southeast hubs.

Out of curiosity, I looked on Wrestlingdata to see what CWF was doing on the same date, 4/11/82.  They ran in Orlando, main event was Kendo Nagasaki beating Brian Blair.  Butch Reed and Sweet Brown Sugar defeated Dory Funk, Jr. and David Von Erich for the North American tag titles, and Cyclone Negro beat Mr Wrestling #2. Plus three undercard matches. Kind of a push as to which card I'd rather have seen, though the main event on the Pensacola card must have been wild.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LP Steve said:

Out of curiosity, I looked on Wrestlingdata to see what CWF was doing on the same date, 4/11/82.  They ran in Orlando, main event was Kendo Nagasaki beating Brian Blair.  Butch Reed and Sweet Brown Sugar defeated Dory Funk, Jr. and David Von Erich for the North American tag titles, and Cyclone Negro beat Mr Wrestling #2. Plus three undercard matches. Kind of a push as to which card I'd rather have seen, though the main event on the Pensacola card must have been wild.

A main event nowhere in the country!

• Like 9

The Undertaker and WrestleMania:

PkrlRqEC-600x400.jpg

Streak starts, WrestleMania VII.

gB5aSohv-600x400.jpg

Perfect 10, WrestleMania X-8.

undertaker-wrestlemania-20-600x400.jpg

Return to the Dead, WrestleMania XX.

da4378575b5b20d8-600x400.jpg

First World Heavyweight Championship, WrestleMania 23.

eqPrXIzm-600x400.jpg

The classic, WrestleMania XXV.

42c8481afb77-600x400.jpg

Another classic, WrestleMania XXVI.

The Undertaker and WrestleMania:

437b742d8aa56a26-600x400.jpg

20-0, WrestleMania XXVIII.

rsz_undertaker_cm_punk-600x400.jpg

21-0 and 7-0 having the best match at WrestleMania seven years running, WrestleMania XXIX.

The Undertaker WrestleMania

Streak ends, WrestleMania XXX.

2f1e12f1112ca9d9-600x400.jpg

The end, WrestleMania XXXIII. Thank you, 'Taker.

If I lived in LA I'd see if I could convince my wife to renew our wedding vows.  I'm sure Big E would be tremendous as an over-the-top pastor.

And that Smackdown version of the Kevin Owens show is so well-done I'll be sad if that's not on his shirt.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

That Owens Smackdown logo is so good I now have the original Smackdown theme stuck in my head.  You know the one.  it sounds like Christian Bale as Batman yelling gibberish.

I can't think of that theme and not hear the Botchamania intro instead. 

• Like 7

I kinda want to find out that Rounda answered routine questions by cutting Bray Wyatt promos while on jury duty.

Prosecutor: "Do you think you can be impartial in this case?"

Rotunda: "I am the eater of worlds.  Men fear me as I have consumed the bones of their ancestors......(two more minutes of melodramatic nonsense)....... On the soul on my sister, Abigail, yes, I can be impartial.  Run!"

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

If I lived in LA I'd see if I could convince my wife to renew our wedding vows.  I'm sure Big E would be tremendous as an over-the-top pastor.

Before we got married I was actually entertaining the idea of contacting E about recording a custom intro for our entrance. "AWWWWWWW GREAT NECK! DON'TCHU DARE BE SOWA! CLAP FOR THE NEWLYWED COUPLE AND FEEEEEEEEEL THE POWWWAAAAAA!"

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

That sounds romantic {/sarcasm},  I assume your wife nixed the idea?

I've seen much worse than this.  If the wedding itself is ordinary as is the reception, then what's the harm in this?  It's a ten second clip at most then it's on to your usual reception stuff.  I wouldn't necessarily have Howard Finkel announce the names at the reception but people have done that too.

As for the Lucha mask, unless you're actually a Luchador then that doesn't sound right.  According to what people post on social media there's people married dressed as wrestlers so if you don't like a Big E soundbyte then you sure wouldn't like this.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

That sounds romantic {/sarcasm},  I assume your wife nixed the idea?

I merely said I was entertaining the idea... I never got to the point of broaching it with her. Then again, she OK'd our wedding party coming out to "Welcome to The Jungle" (@Rev Ray can confirm) and we ourselves came out to "Everything Is Awesome" so she might have been cool with it. Hell, we used "Drop It Like It's Hot" for the challah blessing. :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Reminds me of the guy on this board years ago whose name escapes me that got married in a fucking lucha mask.  I seem to recall the divorce wasn't far behind.

It's still real to him dammit!!!

• Like 2