DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is... Something About A Crucifix? - 3/28/2017

Dolfan in NYC

34 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

So she's worthless and they turned down Miz wanting her around for three years but suddenly Miz wants to be on Total Divas and he's got so much influence that he gets to bring his worthless wife back? Doesn't check out at all. Probably because we all know that she probably did block Maryse and Kelly and others from coming back.

No one said the Miz asked for her back before he wanted on Total Divas. And what are you talking about? There was never anything on the Bellas block Maryse or Kelly. It was Maria who claimed she was blocked by them and that was after she talked shit about several divas including the Bellas.

10 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

Maryse and Kelly were the other two women that Maria originally claimed were blocked from returning by the Bellas. I assume Maryse kept quiet until she returned because it wouldn't have been good for Miz to go on a public tirade like Maria did.

I don't remember Maria alluding to others being blocked, but its been a while. I always kind of thought she full of it and didn't really feel sympathy for her either way since it was a hole she sort of dug herself into.

30 minutes ago, MADCAP said:

And all that "amazing" mic work got slayed in a 3 minute promo. 

The champ is here, indeed...

I don't think we'll agree on this.  The Miz has carried this feud in my view.  His impressions of Cena on Total Divas were the only legit funny thing I've seen on WWE programing in years.

• Like 1

The emphasis on AJ-Shane being a "regular traditional match" makes me think they're going to book Shane to actually go toe-to-toe with him chain wrestling or some wacky bullshit like that.

SHANE'S REALLY BEEN WORKING ON HIS GAME, MAGGLE! LOOK AT THAT WRISTLOCK!

• Like 8

I was busy trying to book travel during most of the show.

- So they're threatening that AJ/Shane will be a straight forward match, not the Shane-o-mac world's richest backyarder stunt show spectacular.  If they are not using ever trick in the book to cover the things Shane is shitty at (read:  punching), is this one of the miracles to make him a saint if AJ gets a great match out of him.

- I am glad that Naomi is cleared and will get to perform in her home town... but did anyone notice when she was doing her post-return celebration they forgot to turn on the black light during the start of her dance until she was almost done.

- A bunch of people posted on twitter, they apparently listed the wrong year for the Pete Rose/Kane piledriver.

- Talking Smack we learned that Dean Ambrose has a fear of tarantula hawks

I loved this:

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

When was the last time Shane worked a singles non-garbage match?

Cagematch lists a match against Randy Orton in May 2009 on Raw. I wasn't watching at the time, but ti appears to have been Orton and Legacy breaking his leg, so probably didn't last long as a match.

The previous month has him working a 14 minute match against Cody Rhodes on an unusually stacked episode of Superstars (Undertaker v Matt Hardy and Christian v Finlay)

I loved the pay-off to Total Bellas being this super-intense Miz promo, then Cena cut a great promo, too.  I think many of you are reading too much into the shoot-y elements of the promo.  I'm sure Miz and Cena laugh about i backstage.

I always disliked when they put mysterious music in the background of Bray Wyatt promos, I like it even less with Randy Orton wearing...was that sweatpants?!

Also, I get why they did the Naomi comeback tonight, because it would be kind of silly to do a big surprise comeback spot on the pre-show.

Breezongo were probably the runner-up MVPs of this show after Cena/Miz/Maryse which is probably NOT what you want on the go-home show for WM.  Breeze was so good as Breezy Bella, then Fandango is much better now that he's basically playing his NXT character (He needs to bring back "Wanna get weird?"), then they both looked great in the battle royale.  Braun Strowman and Big Show are going to eliminate SO MANY guys this Sunday.

2 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

I was busy trying to book travel during most of the show.

- So they're threatening that AJ/Shane will be a straight forward match, not the Shane-o-mac world's richest backyarder stunt show spectacular.  If they are not using ever trick in the book to cover the things Shane is shitty at (read:  punching), is this one of the miracles to make him a saint if AJ gets a great match out of him.

- I am glad that Naomi is cleared and will get to perform in her home town... but did anyone notice when she was doing her post-return celebration they forgot to turn on the black light during the start of her dance until she was almost done.

- A bunch of people posted on twitter, they apparently listed the wrong year for the Pete Rose/Kane piledriver.

- Talking Smack we learned that Dean Ambrose has a fear of tarantula hawks

I loved this:

Breezy would have gotten away with it if he just said "Oh, Bryan."

• Like 1

Fantastic stuff from the Miz/Maryse v Cena/Nikki feud. Maryse's facial expressions as the Bellas are hilarious. Cena was absolutely on fire on the mic, great work.

Naomi's return was well done, and that flying rana on the ramp ruled. Thought/hoped there be some former diva involvement but I guess they gave up on that. Hope Alexa still retains.

Battle royal is so full of jobbers. Looks like it's full with 30 entrants and being on the preshow probably means nothing interesting or unusual like last year randomly having DDP, Tatanka, and Shaq. Doubt we even get Kane this year so I think this will be the first WM since he debuted that he's not involved in some way, since he worked Sunday Night Heat pre 19.

I do hope Shane/Styles still ends up being good fun even without any type of no DQ stips. Sad there's no SDL tag title match with all teams just tossed in the battle royal. With 3 matches officially on the preshow now, it feels a little more like just the regular kind of PPV card.

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I thought the finale of Total Bellas Bullshit was outstanding.  I was dying at the Daniel Bryan stuff and then when Miz and Maryse took off the Cena/Nikki garb and went serious it got dark and I loved it even more. What a show by those two.  So then Cena comes out and cuts an amazing, scathing promo of his own.  I'm into this big time.

However, Cena saying Maryse is useless and a waste of space and does nothing all while he takes up 99.9% of the promo time between he and Nikki (and for good reason)....  

tumblr_onjxzwZzLE1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Without Maryse, Miz would be rightfully losing to Bo Dallas on Main Event.

I was at the show.  Crowd was into the card but the matches were eh at times.

The whole Miz / Maryse vs. Cena / Nikki back and forth got pretty awkward as things escalated.. 

The crowd popped big for Mickie being from RVA and for Naomi's return.  My section marked huge for the Feet o' Fury spot and that ridiculous Rana.  We noticed that the stage crew was asleep at the wheel.  Naomi had this annoyed "Okay, assholes, You can turn on the black light now," look on her face midway through her celebration dance.

The finish for the main was a bit of a cluster.  From my vantage it looked like Luke and Bray bumped heads and Bray fell on top of him, but we saw from the replay on the Titantron that Luke blundered into Sister Abigail.

Randy Orton's Lovecraftian revenge promo was the best thing he's done in a while.  It seemed corny at first, but if you're going to play mind games with a cult leader, why not use symbology and ritual that he can relate to and obviously fears? 

The black and white footage of the rattler striking the camera lens at the end of Orton's vid was a nice touch.

While you were at home watching commercials, we were watching WM promotional vids.

Thank God that the 205 Live taping was off the fucking rails.  It made up for the iffy Smackdown matches.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Thank God that the 205 Live taping was off the fucking rails.  It made up for the iffy Smackdown matches.

Since they employ a good bit of camera work trickery during those, how much of the arena left throughout 205 Live?

11 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Since they employ a good bit of camera work trickery during those, how much of the arena left throughout 205 Live?

Speaking for the Pittsburgh taping a couple of weeks ago, not many left, but they did employ the seat fillers to bring people down and make it look fuller on TV.

• Like 1

It is great Daniel Bryan brought up the passing of Jan Ross on Talking Smack.   I hope they don't think that is all that is needed because if that was it then man that is shitty.

Also liked Bryan calling out Renee Young for the rapidly growing hair from one week.  

11 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I'm really digging the crazy Bray/Orton vignettes they've been doing for the past few months, if not for anything just the random kookiness.

It's a bit like Russo.

But, eh, good?