DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series v.30 - coming to you from Bizarro Land

ChesterCopperpot

The reason they are doing Goldberg/Lesnar now is to (and this was per Meltzer)

A) do it relatively close to the video game release (I'm sure 2K isn't going to complain about holiday sales)

B) the WWE (or more specifically Vince) didn't want to change the booking they have planned for Brock

9 hours ago, El Dragon said:

I mean, let's be real here, Reigns is winning the Rumble, right?

Ugh, so many more interesting matches.  Brock or HHH would be awesome, and would absolutely establish KO as the #1 heel in the company if he wins.  Zayn would be awesome to see Sami finally get revenge and his shot. The dream would be Taker to send him off for good. 

But sure, Roman.   The other 3 times weren't awful and cringe-inducing at all. 

What booking is there for Brock? I can't see him winning the Rumble unless they want him to go for the Universal title. But I highly doubt Owen's would be champion going into Mania despite being on ESPN saying he wants that match.

I know its for the game, but I was just saying it might have made more sense to have the match in a crowd where they might at least have some control over the reaction. But yeah upon further thinking, it probably will be 50/50. I just hope Goldberg isn't one and done after this.

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

What booking is there for Brock? I can't see him winning the Rumble unless they want him to go for the Universal title. But I highly doubt Owen's would be champion going into Mania despite being on ESPN saying he wants that match.

I know its for the game, but I was just saying it might have made more sense to have the match in a crowd where they might at least have some control over the reaction. But yeah upon further thinking, it probably will be 50/50. I just hope Goldberg isn't one and done after this.

Well Goldberg did say "You're last", so I think it's a safe assumption he's done forever after this. 

The problem with Brock is he's gone through everyone on his tier.  Unless they convince Rock to come back for another match, you've got to have him in Mania.  He tore through Ambrose like paper. Unless they give Joe the call up AND he gets instantly established as a killing machine, the only person remotely qualified to face him is the brand champion.  Right now, that's KO (or even AJ*).  

I cannot fathom them running Brock-Roman for a 3rd year in a row. 

* -- Now that I think about it.  Styles-Lesnar could be amazing.  Styles clash indeed. 

Granted I have little to no interest in Brock anymore after how much he's mailed it in throughout the last year, but Shane/Brock sounds like they're deliberately trying to put on a colossal shit show at the biggest event of the year.  Brock has gone through all his challengers with relative ease, yet we're supposed to believe some middle aged non-wrestler stands a chance?

My ideal booking for the Rumble would be for a debuting Samoa Joe to win.  Putting him in a program with whomever the champion might be would result in something good either way.  We know he can have great matches with AJ, if KO still has the belt they could definitely have a terrific program, and if Brock takes the title from Owens at some point they could build Joe to be a beliveable opponent to dethrone him.

1 hour ago, Raziel403 said:

Isn't Shane/Brock the known plan for Mania?

"Daddy, are you going to make us watch Brock beat you up like Taker did last year, but for real this time?"

• Like 1

I completely forgot Brock/Shane is the plan for Mania. I can't believe Shane would even be on board with it aside from a mania payday. I mean we sort of believed Shane had a punchers chance against Taker last year because Taker is an old man (though they wouldn't go with that story) and Shane is crazy. But even if Shane spent from now till Wrestlemania at a BJJ camp with the Gracie's, how are we ever going to believe he has a chance in hell against Brock even in probably what will be a street fight or something.

Okay back to Survivor Series. So the tag match is 5 teams on 5 teams, right? The last time they did one of those matches was at Survivor Series 88 if I'm correct. See, this is all we want. Simple stuff.

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

Huh? Its only happened once.

See, what's funny is, when he said that I was legitimately racking my brain trying to remember what the actual matches at Mania were this past year and I couldn't remember at all other than Shane/UT in the cell. I now remember that it was Brock and Ambrose, but if it wasn't just mentioned that it was Roman/HHH, I wouldn't have remembered that to save my life. And yet, I can name every main event from every Mania up until at least 20 by memory with no trouble and could probably eventually figure out the next several main events with some thinking, and very likely several undercard matches as well. I don't know if that says more about my memory as a now old man or about how utterly forgettable the last several years of WrestleManias have been.

It speaks to how utterly forgettable the last several Wrestlemania's have been. I remember being so excited for WM when I was younger. It felt like such a big deal. Now, it feels like I just watch it because I'm paying for the network anyway.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I completely forgot Brock/Shane is the plan for Mania. I can't believe Shane would even be on board with it aside from a mania payday. I mean we sort of believed Shane had a punchers chance against Taker last year because Taker is an old man (though they wouldn't go with that story) and Shane is crazy. But even if Shane spent from now till Wrestlemania at a BJJ camp with the Gracie's, how are we ever going to believe he has a chance in hell against Brock even in probably what will be a street fight or something.

How many hands does Shane have?

• Like 4

Does Rock ever wrestle a full match again?  I have a hard time believing it.  He's far too valuable as a Hollywood mega-star.  I don't know if his insurance company would approve it at this point. Show up, cut a promo, Rock Bottom someone?  Sure.  Real action where he can get hurt and lost 4-6 months on a movie production?  I don't know.

Cena gets the belt off Styles for #16.

There were rumors that Shane *may* try to find a wrestler to be his champion against Lesnar.  That would make more sense.  Put out a $5 million bounty for the head of Brock Lesnar.  Get cinematic with it.

• Like 1