DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series v.30 - coming to you from Bizarro Land

ChesterCopperpot

Besides the CW title match - I wonder if they are going to do a CW survivor series match too.

I also assume some random RAW vs. SD Jobber tag team match will be the preshow match

So after Smackdown tonight

Smackdown's Men's team is: Randy Orton, Baron Corbin, Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose and AJ Styles

The Women's team is : Nikki Bella, Naomi, Alexa Bliss, Carmella and Becky Lynch with Nattie as the "Coach"

American Alpha and the Usos both qualified for the tag team match

Dolph Ziggler challenged anyone from RAW to challenge him for the IC title

And the whole gimmick is that Daniel Bryan's hatred of Miz meant he didn't get picked - so pretty much expect Miz to jump to RAW

Oh I should point out that they are already running the TEAM MEMBERS DON'T GET ALONG!!! Stuff as that was the reason Nattie was named "coach" because "all the women respect and like her"

Don't see a need for Miz to jump since he still has a rematch clause.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh I should point out that they are already running the TEAM MEMBERS DON'T GET ALONG!!! Stuff as that was the reason Nattie was named "coach" because "all the women respect and like her"

They have been running that for a week or two now.

Well yeah but they weren't officially on the team till tonight.

I was amused at Shane being surprised that the Smackdown women couldn't get along

And it is going to continue to bug the shit out of me that the women's captain isn't the women's champ

Assuming it's not Miz - I am assuming Ziggler is facing either Rusev or Sami Zayn

Either way - Miz is costing him the title and I again am excited for RAW having been all the belts

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Assuming it's not Miz - I am assuming Ziggler is facing either Rusev or Sami Zayn

Either way - Miz is costing him the title and I again am excited for RAW having been all the belts

If the Raw rep wins, they should get to choose if they stay on Raw or jump to SD. It makes no sense to have both the US title and IC title on the same show. That's why the US title was brought back in the first place, to balance out the IC title being on Raw.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BorneAgain said:

At Survivor Series, Dolph is defeated by an oddly ground style Sin Cara, who then unmasks as the Miz just to rub it in Ziggler and Bryan's faces.

Sin Cara with a 1991 Halloween Phantom inspired costume for bonus points.

25 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

I went looking for Ambrose's response and it turns out that's not Ambrose's twitter. (I don't think he has one)

He has one, but it only has two posts and from a couple years ago.  Looks like he was told to make one and after that didn't care to do anything with it.

On a side note, I appreciate in these times of social media when wrestlers don't do anything with it.  Dean stays off it and I believe Timothy Thatcher does too.  I like that a lot, maintains some kind of mystique for the guy.  If only Dean didn't offset that by doing random Network shows and stuff, but the effort is there.

On 01/11/2016 at 3:15 PM, peterien said:

Im disappointed we won't be getting Jericho V Owens in Canada but one of them turning on the other could blow the roof off the place and set up one of the mains for the Rumble maybe??

Originally I wanted this to happen but I'm glad the best friends remain...IT.

On 01/11/2016 at 3:37 PM, Go2Sleep said:

This is gonna be a weird 4-hour show. The tags are gonna all have to be 45+ minutes, which doesn't sound very appealing. Lesnar/Goldberg won't last too long, and there's not much else left to fill out the show if all the champs are in the tags. You could do a CW title match, I guess. Even if you stretch Lesnar/Goldberg to 30 minutes (with some long intros) and give Kendrick/Swann 15, that's still over 3 hours that need to be filled by the elimination matches.

Hopefully the show won't drag like WrestleMania and SummerSlam did. In an alternate world, Triple H vs. Roman Reigns is still ongoing.

17 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I wish them luck selling that.  I'd sooner buy swamp land from the Shining Stars.

LOL

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well based on tonight - Smackdown has zero interest in winning any of the matches

Yeah, D-Bryan making JJ Dillon WCW commissioner looking good in comparison.

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Luke Harper not being on the SD men's team is criminal. I assume he gets involved, but damn it, he should be in the fucking match. 

Even before getting hurt, Luke Harper so deserves a bigger push. Both he and Cesaro.

• Like 1

Apparently a graphic accidentally ran on WWE.com with:

Zayn as #5 on the Raw side. If that's the case, the question then rises: "What to do with Rollins?" While the correct answer is, "nothing," I think the best answer, if they really want to get him over as a face, is to put them in with their best non-Charlotte heel. Have him show up for the US title challenge against Ziggler on Smackdown. Have Miz cause the match to end up a no contest by trying to take out both guys, and then run Rollins vs Miz as one of the singles matches on the PPV. That's one way to totally ensure that Rollins will get 100% of the cheers.

28 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Apparently a graphic accidentally ran on WWE.com with:

Hide contents

Zayn as #5 on the Raw side. If that's the case, the question then rises: "What to do with Rollins?" While the correct answer is, "nothing," I think the best answer, if they really want to get him over as a face, is to put them in with their best non-Charlotte heel. Have him show up for the US title challenge against Ziggler on Smackdown. Have Miz cause the match to end up a no contest by trying to take out both guys, and then run Rollins vs Miz as one of the singles matches on the PPV. That's one way to totally ensure that Rollins will get 100% of the cheers.

I like the idea of running Rollins/Miz and then maybe Rusev/Ziggler. That's 5 matches that the brands can split 3-2. I think Rusev would work better as the 5th guy on the men's team, then do Zayn/Ziggler for a fresher matchup, but the idea of Sami and KO being the last two on the Raw team would be pretty cool. A respectful nod after they overcome a 3 on 2 situation with Ambrose/AJ imploding to build TLC would be a good moment/progression of their rivalry. Or Owens can steal all the glory by throwing Zayn in harms way then taking advantage to win, whatever works.

• Like 1