DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series v.30 - coming to you from Bizarro Land

ChesterCopperpot

Here's your main event

http://www.wwe.com/shows/survivorseries/2016/goldberg-vs-brock-lesnar

140vsdw.jpg

Team Raw vs. Team SmackDown - Traditional Survivor Series elimination tag team match
Team Raw vs. Team SmackDown - Traditional Survivor Series Women's elimination tag team match
Team Raw vs. Team SmackDown - Traditional Survivor Series 10-on-10 elimination tag team match

Toronto is going to shit all over Lesnar/Goldberg aren't they?

Any stakes announced for those 5 on 5 matches?  Bragging Rights Trophy? Control of Main Event, Superstars, and Camp WWE?

Does the winner of Goldberg/Lesnar get #30 at the Rumble, or do they save that incase Finn Balor heals quicker than expected?

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Known now is that the Smackdown tag team has at least Beauty and the ManBeast and Hype Bros

The women's team will be captained by Nikki Bella

Shouldn't the SD women's champion be the captain rather than John Cena's piece of ass?

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Shouldn't the SD women's champion be the captain rather than John Cena's piece of ass?

She should, but considering John's "piece of ass" has greatly improved I'm okay with this.

I figure some of the champs need to not be in the Traditional Matches - otherwise how the fuck else are you going to fill out the card?

Plus putting New Day on the RAW side gives them another way to extend their reign past Demo's record

Do both shows even have 5 healthy women to fill out the teams, especially if the champs are going to be defending their belts in separate matches?

On the same note, are there 5 tag teams on both shows capable of filling out a 10 person team on each side, especially if they're doing qualifying matches for spots?

6 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Do both shows even have 5 healthy women to fill out the teams, especially if the champs are going to be defending their belts in separate matches?

On the same note, are there 5 tag teams on both shows capable of filling out a 10 person team on each side, especially if they're doing qualifying matches for spots?

Raw: Sasha,Charlotte, Bayley,Dana, Nia Jax, Alicia Fox

Smackdown: Becky, Alexa, Nattie, Nikki, Carmella, Naomi

So you couldn't really have women's title matches, unless you did a champ vs champ exhibition and put the other five in the Survivor Series.

Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley/Nia Jax/Dana vs. Nikki/Naomi/Alexa/Carmella/Eva Marie

Dana can be swapped with a debuting Emma

I have to believe Eva Marie will be done shooting her movie by Survivor Series

New Day/Club/E&C/GoldenTruth/Colons vs. B&MB/Usos/HypoBros/AA/Vaudevillains

One could also argue that you could fill spots with NXT call-ups

Like the loser of Nakamura/Joe gets called up and is the Sole Survivor for whatever side they are put on

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

One could also argue that you could fill spots with NXT call-ups

Like the loser of Nakamura/Joe gets called up and is the Sole Survivor for whatever side they are put on

Aw, now I'm hoping for something that likely won't happen.  But damn, if you did that and put them on team SD then holy crap that'd be insane.

I'm considerably more excited about this after hearing Goldberg on JR's podcast today. He basically said he's willing to spend a few days in the hospital if it means having one last great match. I expect these these two to just beat the ever loving shit out of each other.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley/Nia Jax/Dana vs. Nikki/Naomi/Alexa/Carmella/Eva Marie

Dana can be swapped with a debuting Emma

I have to believe Eva Marie will be done shooting her movie by Survivor Series

New Day/Club/E&C/GoldenTruth/Colons vs. B&MB/Usos/HypoBros/AA/Vaudevillains

I'd swap out TruthDust, which is such a better name than Golden Truth, with Cesaro & Sheamus. Not for Sheamus, but to get Claudio on the card. They do have decent chemistry together, although tag partners that don't get along is about as old as the heel authority figure.

• Like 1

I just realized something. Seeing how the show is in Toronto and they know the Canadian crowds never chant how they want (thus the bizzaro world nickname from the WWE), why the hell did they schedule Goldberg/Lesnar for Survivor Series? With the Royal Rumble in the Alamodome, wouldn't it have made way more sense to have aimed for Brock/Goldberg in Texas?

This way they could milk Goldberg on TV for maybe 3 months. I know, I know...this is Vince. When has logic ever applied to him especially now more than ever with him getting older and crankier.

The quicker we can move on from Brock/Goldberg, the better. No need to stretch out an angle between two part-timers. How about trying to get over and move some of the midcard up with sustained pushes, thus reducing the reliance on part-timers? What do I know? I'm just a wrestling fan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The quicker we can move on from Brock/Goldberg, the better. No need to stretch out an angle between two part-timers. How about trying to get over and move some of the midcard up with sustained pushes, thus reducing the reliance on part-timers? What do I know? I'm just a wrestling fan.

//Vince voice-Wrasslin' fan, pal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Given what happened on Monday I can only image how the situation would end up if they tried to milk it for longer than they already are.

"They're chanting 'Gold-boo-erg'"

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

The show is now starting at 7pm - so that's a 4 hour window like Mania and Summerslam

If they have a two hour pre-show, they're asking for the crowd to hijack the product again.  You just can't ask anyone to sit in one spot for so long.  They crapped over Balor-Rollins at SummerSlam because of a red belt, and that match was at least watchable. Imagine what they'll do if Lesnar-Goldberg wets the bed.