DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series v.30 - coming to you from Bizarro Land

ChesterCopperpot

Tazz ripping on Coach and Lawler in 05 was hilarious. The way he shit on Chris Masters' intro was great too. Lawler was doing his usual "Shhhh" stuff, then Tazz went into full ramblin' Tazz mode talking about he didn't give a damn about some guy kneeling in a cape or something like that.

I don't know if they can live up to that, but Corey trashing JBL could be funny if they let it go unscripted.

I said it last night but it is obvious they didn't think Becky Lynch was going to be ready for Survivor Series as it makes no sense for the women's champ to not be captain when RAW has their champion as captain

After the last few weeks, I think the crowd reaction for Goldberg/Lesnar will be fine. I expect both guys to get a split reaction but the heat should be fine. Also, this is a one-match show and that's gonna close it out. This isn't 2004 where fans know both guys won't be around the next day and are impatient to see a longtime favorite win the belt in the main event.

It seems like they are purposely keeping Sasha away so Emma is a good bet and then I guess Dana

Though I could seem them going the "Charlotte begrudgingly puts Sasha on the team"

I'm guessing the spot would have originally gone to Paige, but... you know. 

It's 90% going to be Sasha, but the other options are Alicia Fox & Summer Rae. And only Fox has been seen on TV in the last 2 months. 

This is gonna be a weird 4-hour show. The tags are gonna all have to be 45+ minutes, which doesn't sound very appealing. Lesnar/Goldberg won't last too long, and there's not much else left to fill out the show if all the champs are in the tags. You could do a CW title match, I guess. Even if you stretch Lesnar/Goldberg to 30 minutes (with some long intros) and give Kendrick/Swann 15, that's still over 3 hours that need to be filled by the elimination matches.

34 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

This is gonna be a weird 4-hour show. The tags are gonna all have to be 45+ minutes, which doesn't sound very appealing. Lesnar/Goldberg won't last too long, and there's not much else left to fill out the show if all the champs are in the tags. You could do a CW title match, I guess. Even if you stretch Lesnar/Goldberg to 30 minutes (with some long intros) and give Kendrick/Swann 15, that's still over 3 hours that need to be filled by the elimination matches.

I'm kind of drinking the kool-aid on this one. Super long elimination matches sound like a ton of fun. I had been against the Raw vs Smackdown thing at first, but so many people have been called up or put into new positions (like Rhyno/Slater) since the draft that watching some of these people interact will be fresh. Even Charlotte/Nia interaction hasn't happened much yet or Braun and his partners. That's what made the 80s Survivor Series matches so fun. WWF was entirely regimented back then, with set house show programs that lasted months and months and very little interaction between heels and faces not in those programs on TV. There's a bit of that here, even if only a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I still dont know where they are getting bodies from

Supposedly both Cena and Orton have been pulled from all advertising and wont be on the show

I'm surprised Cena and Orton won't be at SS. Not disappointed, but surprised. For the SD men's team, it will probably be AJ, Ambrose, Ziggler, Bray, Luke Harper.

As for the tag team elimination, I think it will look like this:

Rhyno/Slater, Hype Bros, American Alpha, Usos, Vaudevillains vs. New Day, Anderson/Gallows, Enzo/Cass, Cesaro/Sheamus, Shining Stars

18 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

Bray/Harper being on SD and Braun Strowman being on RAW sets up an interesting spot in the match. As does Rollins/Reigns on RAW and Ambrose on SD. Could be fun bits in the match if booked properly.

Especially if Rollins and Reigns have essentially made peace by the time Survivor Series rolls around. Dean might actually do something worthy of his gimmick! 

11 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Miz pretty much has to politic his way onto the Smackdown team, then bail on them and snub his nose at Bryan, right?

That would be the smart choice, which is why I'm thinking what happens instead is Roman is the last guy on the Raw side and pins Ziggler, Ambrose, and AJ in quick succession to be Raw's sole survivor.