DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Haha 'Taker sitting courtside and eye-ballin' LeBron to set up a Wrestlemania match would be #1 and the best!

LeBron and Taker

vs

Wade and Kane

Well there's already a rumor that Big Show is going to face Shaq.

Lebron/Show vs. Taker/Shaq

Only problem is that Wrestlemania takes place near the end of the NBA regular season and there is no way the Cav's won't be in playoff contention and I don't think Lebron is the Rodman type to blow off practice and there's no way the NBA allows him to wrestle and potentially get injured before the playoffs. But him and Taker could wrestle at SummerSlam. Shit how great from an absurd stand point would it be if Takers last opponent was Lebron James. 

Just now, L_W_P said:

LeBron/Taker v Show/Shaq with the Shaq heel turn allowing LeBron to pin show and build to SummerSlam 1 v 1 match.

This is a match that would likely end after Lebron's entrance because none of the other three can make it down a steep ramp.

• Like 5

David Aldridge, you thought that it was something like out of a comic book, brother, but we're talking about real life! I was sitting in Parts Unknown waiting for the next spaceship to higher planes, and the lightning bolts came down from the sky, and the warriors spoke, and they said, 'make it to the Garden'. Well the Ultimate Warrior showed and, you, David Aldridge you gave the challenge, and the Ultimate Warrior and the little warriors with the painted faces rose to the challenge, and they conquered! I've taken all the little warriors through all the darkness and all the pain, and, Steve Kerr, if you want a piece of me, or anybody thinks they can take on all the warriors, I'm not hard to find. I'll be on the next spaceship to Parts Unknown

• Like 5

8 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

David Aldridge, you thought that it was something like out of a comic book, brother, but we're talking about real life! I was sitting in Parts Unknown waiting for the next spaceship to higher planes, and the lightning bolts came down from the sky, and the warriors spoke, and they said, 'make it to the Garden'. Well the Ultimate Warrior showed and, you, David Aldridge you gave the challenge, and the Ultimate Warrior and the little warriors with the painted faces rose to the challenge, and they conquered! I've taken all the little warriors through all the darkness and all the pain, and, Steve Kerr, if you want a piece of me, or anybody thinks they can take on all the warriors, I'm not hard to find. I'll be on the next spaceship to Parts Unknown

"*skronk*"

9 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

"It's art. You are way too uneducated and uncultured to get it." -Every Coen Brothers superfan when someone criticizes one of their crappy movies. 

37 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

I just glanced up and saw someone claim that the Coen Brothers make crappy movies and I'm like...fuck, I can't even...shit if the Coens are artsy an incomprehensible to you you might wanna stick to Michael Bay dude...

You literally just said what he said Coen Brothers fans say.

• Like 7

• Blood Simple: Good
  • Raising Arizona: Great
  • Miller's Crossing: Great
  • Barton Fink: OK
  • Hudsucker Proxy: OK
  • Fargo: Great
  • Big Lebowski: Great
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou?: Gimmick.
  • The Man Who Wasn't There: The movie I didn't watch.
  • Intolerable Cruelty: Or this one.
  • Ladykillers: Or this.
  • No Country For Old Men: Good.
  • Burn After Reading: Not seen.
  • A Serious Man: Dunno.
  • True Girt: Dunno.
  • Inside Llewyn Davies: Haven't seen it, but it sounds awful.
  • Hail Caesar:Sounds gimmicky and I'm not interested.

So they've got good films, films I haven't seen, and O Brother, which loads of people loved but I thought was just a lazy, empty pastiche designed to rest on Clooney's charisma and nothing else.

Well maybe there's a fucking reason to say it...I mean I'd understand if he was talking about, say, David Lynch, but the Coens aren't really that out there...I mean Barton Fink is as weird as they get and it's like maybe a 0.2 on the Mulholland Drive scale.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

So...is anyone doing a wrestling themed costume for Halloween this year?

I'm planning on being John Cena.  I'm not dressing as him or anything just telling a girl I'm never going to marry her or give her children and then kick her out of my house when I'm done with her.

Rapadoo! BUMBADUMBUM

• Like 4

I am in the camp that loves Hudsucker and O, Brother, but Intolerable Cruelty and Ladykillers are pretty bad. I didnt "get" A Serious Man. 

The pluses are huge pluses that's for sure.

but i think that's true for most directors with a 20+' year career. Marty has some duds. Señor Spielbergo has duds. John Ford had duds. kurosawa had duds. 

Just now, BEN! said:

I'm planning on being John Cena.  I'm not dressing as him or anything just telling a girl I'm never going to marry her or give her children and then kick her out of my house when I'm done with her.

Rapadoo! BUMBADUMBUM

I'll be at work, so i can wear a black t-shirt and am already fat with a goatee, so i can go as a stereotypical 90s wrestling fan. Or Don Montoya.