DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

My inner child wants to beat up your inner child and take your inner lunch money for cheering the Bushwhackers.  

(Like I was any better - I hitched my wagon to Sid early on and wouldn't get off)

Confession time. I've never seen a Sheepherders match. Someone recommend one.

• Like 1

As evinced on the '80 PR set, there is good Sheepherders and bad Sheepherders. They are really good at being human bloodbanks and drawing heat, but it depends on the match. Portland is the other side of the coin that I've yet to get to experience because I'll be damned if I even touch the extras before I finish that PR set. IT'S THISCLOSE!

Even if you hate the Sheepherders, you'll probably love this. The crowd tries to kill them. Literally. 

• Like 1

So there's a rumor going around that Becky Lynch is not going to get much promo time because Kevin Dunn hates her voice. If true, that would be a dumb hill to die on for Dunn, who historically, has been able to read the tea leaves on who the McMahons favor. And considering the rumors that Vince (and Steph) really like Irish wrestlers it would be dumb for Dunn to admit he does not like her Irish accent.

It came from Bryan Alvarez. Who knows where he got that from.

With Kevin Dunn, would anyone be that surprised that he would take issue over this? The guy has a mold of performer in mind. KO admitted as much that the rumors of his body shape not being what production liked were true. Ultimately, if something like that comes up, or if true, something like Becky's accent comes up, then KO has proved that the way to break down that barrier is to get in Vince's ear and try to be a part of everything. 

That's pretty much what grabbing the brass ring is, unless you're Roman and it's handed to you. It's getting in Vince's ear, getting in HHH's ear, learning what goes on in gorilla, learning other aspects of production, arriving early, leaving late, etc. If you can do all of that while being good in the ring and acceptable on the mic then it doesn't matter what Dunn says.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Kevin Dunn, of a people, could very well end up being the downfall for Nakamura.

Well people are all up in arms this week again because Meltzer pointed out that the WWE still has no plans to bring Nakamura up since they want him to be be the NXT brand carrier

The Becky Lynch promo thing seem like B.S. for two reason.  Number 1, the women on Smackdown don't generally cut very long promos anyways, and, Number 2, Lynch JUST had a back-and-forth promo with Alexa Bliss this week.  

On 10/27/2016 at 10:55 AM, RIPPA said:

Like this one from GLOW

ganso.gif

God damn.   I thought there was no known footage of actual real life snuff films.  I was wrong.

3 hours ago, Brysynner said:

So there's a rumor going around that Becky Lynch is not going to get much promo time because Kevin Dunn hates her voice

So Becky's voice is a bridge too far when we have SA-SHA BANKS WHO OVER-EE-NUNCE-EE-ATES  EV-ER-EE-THINGS?

On 27/10/2016 at 9:07 AM, cwoy2j said:

He had a pretty crappy match with Rick Rude at RR88. Rude was in control for most of it and I'd say 95% of his offense at that point in his career consisted of clubbing forearms and chinlocks. Also felt like Steamboat was phoning it in during the match too.

That's interesting. I keep meaning to post somewhere how I think that match might be better than their overrated Iron Man match.  I certainly wouldn't call it "pretty crappy".

34 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

So Becky's voice is a bridge too far when we have SA-SHA BANKS WHO OVER-EE-NUNCE-EE-ATES  EV-ER-EE-THINGS?

YOU WILL. NYEVER. DIS. RESPECTuh. THYE BYEOSS. LYIKE. THAT. AGYAIN. SHE HAS WORKEDuh. TYOO. HARD. FOR THIS. DOUBLA DOUBLA EE. WYOEMYENS. REVOLUTION.

• Like 1