DVDVR Message Board

[OCT 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

1 minute ago, JonnyLaw said:

Keller later said it was good news, but some people would be mad.

My hunch is some indies announce they've signed with WWE to be a part of the new tier system on the Network. 

I'm sure Evolve is one of them. I'd like to be able to watch PWG and Chikara on the network. 

7 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Keller later said it was good news, but some people would be mad.

Dixie Carter's face fell off?

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm sure Evolve is one of them. I'd like to be able to watch PWG and Chikara on the network. 

CHIKARA has their own Network like service, and PWG survives off of DVD sales for the most part. I'd be shocked if it was either of these two promotions.

1 minute ago, JonnyLaw said:

Unless you're counting Dixie, who would be mad about that?

Johnny, let me introduce you to the internet.  Internet, this is Johnny.

Internet: THAT INTRODUCTION WAS BULLSHIT!!! THIS IS LITERALLY THE DEATH OF INTRODUCING THINGS TO PEOPLE!!!!!! EVERYTHING FROM MY CHILDHOOD IS RUINED NOW!!!!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Let the jokes begin.

Adam Cole is leading the ROH invasion of RAW!  Vince wants his cut of Bullet Club t-shirts sales now to buy some too sweet Christmas gifts for his grandkids.

Ted Turner is buying TNA and Lucha Underground and moving them to Mondays and Tuesdays!

21 minutes ago, Casey said:

CHIKARA has their own Network like service, and PWG survives off of DVD sales for the most part. I'd be shocked if it was either of these two promotions.

While you're probably right (although that could have really been what Quack was at the PC for a while back), Evolve seems like the most likely group to join, and they're involved in WWN.

Maybe they're absorbing WWN into the Network? Or maybe this has nothing to do with independents. Who knows. I don't know why people have to tweet out shit like this - just keep your mouths shut until you can actually break the news. Sending the internet into a flurry of speculation always leaves people unsatisfied when the actual news comes out.

For what it's worth, Meltzer was asked about the big news and he said...

12 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Is there any chance that this is about the Godfather turning back into Papa Shango?

Because that would change my life.

I honestly want to see this happen. Not for any shenanigans with the Wyatts, but just to fulfill Wade Barrett's promise that Shango would be in the Rumble.

• Like 1

Everyone is gonna be posting this gif tomorrow when the news comes out that Shane is taking over NXT because HHH got caught cheating so I'm just gonna do it now. Stephanie McMahon didn't go down to the Performance Center just to take the biggest mark pic ever, she heard a rumor and went down there to confirm it for herself.

eFRvacw.gif

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, goc said:

Everyone is gonna be posting this gif tomorrow when the news comes out that Shane is taking over NXT because HHH got caught cheating so I'm just gonna do it now. Stephanie McMahon didn't go down to the Performance Center just to take the biggest mark pic ever, she heard a rumor and went down there to confirm it for herself.

Cheated with who, Dixie Carter? Is that who paid for the tapings?

2 hours ago, goc said:

eFRvacw.gif

I'm fairly sure that if Triple H ever actually cheats on Stephanie, we will simply never see or hear from Paul Levesque ever again.  He will simply disappear.

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is there a rating above "TV-MA" for WWE network?  Because PWG with commentary restrictions would be awful.  "You know what I call that kick to the back?  FUCKING UNNECESSARY."

I'm assuming that good news not everyone will like means that Vince has finally figured out how to live forever somehow (cursed mask, voodoo potion, cloning, selling his soul to the devil - again - , etc.) and he will continue running the company for the next several centuries,

Honestly. I could dig it if Vince gave up his body and lived on as head in a jar, Futurama-style.  Maybe they could hire Adam Rose back to be Vince's "body" and carry the jar to board meetings, tv tapings, etc.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Is there a rating above "TV-MA" for WWE network?  Because PWG with commentary restrictions would be awful.  "You know what I call that kick to the back?  FUCKING UNNECESSARY."

Funny, fucking unnecessary is what I call 70% of spots in PWG normally.

• Like 4