DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

3 hours ago, (BP) said:

It's weird, I know Nak/Brock makes sense, but the match that I've wanted to see since he got signed was Nak/Roman. I think they'd beat the ever loving shit out of each other, and Roman thrives in that environment. 

I think Roman would look weak in a match against Nakamura. Swagsuke is WAY out of Roman's league.

• Like 1

You could have a smaller guy be a credible person to defeat Lesnar, but it'd have to be done in a way where the guy was Brock's kryptonite, where all of the usual template just didn't work. Every German suplex being overflipped and the guy landing on his feet, every time. When Brock attempts a locomotive German, the guy hooks his legs and can't be thrown. When Brock tries the F5, the guy has an iron grip on his shoulders and arms and can't be flung off. It's not far from there where you'd have Lesnar getting frustrated, trying something he wouldn't usually try, and missing, resulting in him injuring his leg.... now you have tired, frustrated immobile Lesnar.

• Like 3

I think the Orton rematch, Shane, Roman and Nakamura should be the Lesnar matches we should see next in that order and that could be a year or year and a half of promoting. I know the Orton rematch is happening this weekend but they could do Orton 3 at Royal Rumble, Shane at mania, Roman at Summerslam and Nak and At Survivor Series or the '18 Rumble.

12 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Oh yeah, man.  I thought he was great.  My only point is that WWE has a very narrow focus and are very unimaginative, and it's likely they can only pay attention to one masked luchador at a time.  They'll choose Metalik over Dorado.

So you're saying he's better when he's in the ring with best-in-class dudes.  So was Lex Luger.

I never said Luger was bad.   I am originally from Buffalo and know mutual friends of Lex.  The guy was a good arrogant heel in WCW and check out the Pop when he beat Hogan on Nitro.   Anyone is going to be better when they are in the ring with best-in-class workers, but Zack has had countless MOTY contenders for the last few years guys like Marty and Gallagher really haven't

5 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Also to be fair, Roman tends to represent himself well when he's in there with someone out of his league (Bryan, Lesnar, AJ).

Oh, and...

When you nut but she still suckin

or when Andre shits all over Bad News chest

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hamhock said:

You could have a smaller guy be a credible person to defeat Lesnar, but it'd have to be done in a way where the guy was Brock's kryptonite, where all of the usual template just didn't work. Every German suplex being overflipped and the guy landing on his feet, every time. When Brock attempts a locomotive German, the guy hooks his legs and can't be thrown. When Brock tries the F5, the guy has an iron grip on his shoulders and arms and can't be flung off. It's not far from there where you'd have Lesnar getting frustrated, trying something he wouldn't usually try, and missing, resulting in him injuring his leg.... now you have tired, frustrated immobile Lesnar.

An old, tired, frustrated Lesnar. 

A guy like AJ could make it believable with his springboard forearms as his main form of attack.  A hit n run match psychology. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

An old, tired, frustrated Lesnar. 

A guy like AJ could make it believable with his springboard forearms as his main form of attack.  A hit n run match psychology. 

In a world where the WWE gave a shit about him, I was thinking you could use someone like Sami Zayn to go over him as a never-say-die underdog by working a Villanova in '85 type angle where he's completely physically overmatched, but works as perfect a match as he possibly can to take the win in the end.

He hits another opening match Helluva Kick, gets lucky with the ropes and being able to break a hold or get to the outside when he needs to, utilizes his springboard offense and stuff like that torpedo swinging DDT on the outside, uses Brock's momentum against him to get him into the Koji Clutch, all that. Between Zayn's big match A-game and an increasingly frustrated and disoriented Brock, it wouldn't be the most outlandish result.

• Like 2