DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Vince Russo should be. 

He's already been scrubbed from my memory.  He's as much "he who shall not be named" as that Canadian guy to me, and I like to keep it that way.  Everytime I think of the batshit insane stuff he did and says now it's infuriating.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Yeah, I agree, shitty booking is just as bad as murdering a toddler

A toddler is defined as being between the age of 1-3. Daniel was seven. Murdering a child of any age is worse than shitty booking, but I'd still like to have Russo scrubbed from memory. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tromatagon said:

Triggered

Nah, not even offended - just think that comparison Russo to a double murderer because he sucks at booking wrestling is extreme. Like wishing injury on a worker you don't enjoy.

I'll go ahead and dip out of the discussion though, since I can see where it's going 

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

Nah, not even offended - just think that comparison Russo to a double murderer because he sucks at booking wrestling is extreme. Like wishing injury on a worker you don't enjoy.

I'll go ahead and dip out of the discussion though, since I can see where it's going 

Wait, you still think I'm putting Russo on the same level as a killer?  They are two people I choose to ignore for completely different reasons.  If anybody shares your opinion then I'd like to see that.  As it is right now it's just you.

I'm not going to get into petty arguments over stuff like this.  There's much bigger shit in the world to worry about.  I have no problem with you, but if you're stepping out of this discussion then cool.  I'll do you one better and put you on ignore, please feel free to add me to your list as well.  See you in October.

So, Mantell didn't understand the Mexamerica gimmick either. (And how could anyone have?)

“WWE failed to take into account that it didn’t make a lot of sense,” said Mantell. “Remember, I hated Alberto Del Rio, and he hated me. So, all of a sudden, I disappeared and came back. But it’s not necessarily the first step in wrestling that is the most important, because it’s the second step that identifies and clarifies the first one. That’s what we didn’t do. There was no chemistry, but there was also no logical explanation as to why I would be with Alberto. I said to the guys in the back, ‘I’m not getting the story,’ but people kept saying, ‘Just wait.’ I’ve walked on enough wrestling floors, and I know if a crowd isn’t getting a certain vibe. The chemistry wasn’t there with me and Alberto.”

• Like 1

I still don't know why Del Rio and WWE got back together in the first place. ADR must have known he had a low ceiling, and WWE clearly didn't have any grand designs for him as evidenced by the fact that he spent half his time in slopped-together foreigner stables. I guess ADR was thinking "$$$" and WWE was thinking "Eh, we know what we're getting at least" and that relationship worked out exactly as well as you'd expect.

Oh ADR.  Never heard the expression, "want an investment sure to lose money?  Open a restaurant."  Between the Paige relationship and this, 2016 is a banner year for bad decisions.

I take it all back if "open a restaurant" means he's buying into a franchise and Paige is working there for free.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, nate said:

N/m, I'm going to take NickMD's advice.  Nothing to see here, sorry.

ETA: And not the one about putting NickMD on ignore.  Didn't want to get that misconstrued.  We alright.

Yeah, man, it's all good.  I generally like everybody here, just learned the hard way it's best to not get into arguments if at all possible.  I could take Dean Ambrose's advice and hit 'em in the groin, but it's kind of hard to do that electronically...for now. :)

34 minutes ago, DTTW said:

I think we can all agree the world would have been better off if Benoit had taken his frustrations out on Russo.

Vince Russo is a shitty writer who has killed more shows than Ted McGinley, but I just wish him to not do said writing anymore, not murdered. 

#HackLivesMatter

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

Vince Russo is a shitty writer who has killed more shows than Ted McGinley, but I just wish him to not do said writing anymore, not murdered. 

#HackLivesMatter

Damn. You're not wrong, but Damn...

33 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

#HackLivesMatter

I don't know...his hypocrisy and 20+ years of complaining have gotten to the point where I'm sure even his kids and wife wouldn't mind if he just stfu about wrestling.

Little Annie an VJ must hate women crush wednesdays on twitter.

29 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

So basically what you're saying is that you want to cut off his hands

With voice recognition software that might not be enough. And even without hands or a tongue he still might be able to make use of his feet (i.e. the movie my left foot)

I can picture Russo waking his wife up at 3 a.m. Startled, she thinks something is wrong. She's then subjected to two hours of how he'd book the WCW invasion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

I still don't know why Del Rio and WWE got back together in the first place. ADR must have known he had a low ceiling, and WWE clearly didn't have any grand designs for him as evidenced by the fact that he spent half his time in slopped-together foreigner stables. I guess ADR was thinking "$$$" and WWE was thinking "Eh, we know what we're getting at least" and that relationship worked out exactly as well as you'd expect.

Lucha Underground opened hot and ADR had the AAA World Title.  Vince wanted to send a message.

2 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

Lucha Underground opened hot and ADR had the AAA World Title.  Vince wanted to send a message.

Didn't he already send that message out multiple times? Hogan, Flair, Dusty, every other promotion that opposed him being dead, etc.

Was LU and its 100k weekly viewers really on Vince's radar to the point he needed to send a message to them? I guess I could see them going after AAA since they seemed to want to punch NJ in the dick during that time frame as well. Still seems like a stretch, though, and it doesn't explain why Alberto would want to go back.