DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

22 hours ago, Hamhock said:

You could have a smaller guy be a credible person to defeat Lesnar, but it'd have to be done in a way where the guy was Brock's kryptonite, where all of the usual template just didn't work. Every German suplex being overflipped and the guy landing on his feet, every time. When Brock attempts a locomotive German, the guy hooks his legs and can't be thrown. When Brock tries the F5, the guy has an iron grip on his shoulders and arms and can't be flung off. It's not far from there where you'd have Lesnar getting frustrated, trying something he wouldn't usually try, and missing, resulting in him injuring his leg.... now you have tired, frustrated immobile Lesnar.

An old, tired, frustrated Lesnar. 

A guy like AJ could make it believable with his springboard forearms as his main form of attack.  A hit n run match psychology. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

A guy like AJ could make it believable with his springboard forearms as his main form of attack.  A hit n run match psychology. 

In a world where the WWE gave a shit about him, I was thinking you could use someone like Sami Zayn to go over him as a never-say-die underdog by working a Villanova in '85 type angle where he's completely physically overmatched, but works as perfect a match as he possibly can to take the win in the end.

He hits another opening match Helluva Kick, gets lucky with the ropes and being able to break a hold or get to the outside when he needs to, utilizes his springboard offense and stuff like that torpedo swinging DDT on the outside, uses Brock's momentum against him to get him into the Koji Clutch, all that. Between Zayn's big match A-game and an increasingly frustrated and disoriented Brock, it wouldn't be the most outlandish result.

• Like 2

So the RAW rating was basically identical to last week's (awful):

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/raw-ratings-bring-bad-news-second-week-row-221251

Meltzer is speculating next week's rating could be the lowest in the history of the show (it's up against the NFL AND a presidential debate).

So does Vince decide this is Kevin Owens' fault and take the belt off him at the Clash or does he realize ratings are staying in the dumpster at least until January and let Owens keep the belt and take all the blame?  I don't see another Rollins or Roman title run turning the ratings around.

I think if you were to do a Brock vs Zayn match and were to have Zayn win the best way to do it would be to to the cat and mouse style match and do a count out finish where Brock after taking so many kicks to the head is slumped over on the ropes and Zayn hits Brock with one last kick and Brock collapes out of the ring and lays on the floor dazed with Heyman screaming a thim to get up while Zayn holds himseld up by the ropes in the ring as the ref counts to 10 or 20 I'm not sure what the official time count is nowadays. 

And here is the ending of Brock vs Eddie via WWE's YouTube page

• Like 2

Not that anyone on this board would necessarily care but I just got tickets to my first WWE Live Event* next Saturday in Las Vegas and the Thomas and Mack Center. I'm pretty excited I've always have wanted to go to a house show but it never came to be until now. It's the SmackDown tour so it's gonna be cool to see AJ Styles live for the third time plus Heath Slater and Rhyno. for those who have been to Live Events how are they generally?

*I went to NXT in Portland in May but that wasn't the main roster.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

That was pretty much what the Punk match was.  Punk bounced around, using plunder and physics to stagger Brock, but then he'd get cocky and try to go toe to toe, and Brock would make him pay for it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

Not that anyone on this board would necessarily care but I just got tickets to my first WWE Live Event* next Saturday in Las Vegas and the Thomas and Mack Center. I'm pretty excited I've always have wanted to go to a house show but it never came to be until now. It's the SmackDown tour so it's gonna be cool to see AJ Styles live for the third time plus Heath Slater and Rhyno. for those who have been to Live Events how are they generally?

*I went to NXT in Portland in May but that wasn't the main roster.

54 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Expect less promos, longer matches, and a few silly shell-game type games on the video screen for the kids.  It's fun.

Lots more fan interaction too. Probably see a lot of selfies with folks seated along the barricades, etc.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Peck said:

Lots more fan interaction too. Probably see a lot of selfies with folks seated along the barricades, etc.

1 hour ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Expect less promos, longer matches, and a few silly shell-game type games on the video screen for the kids.  It's fun.

Cool looking forward to it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

So the RAW rating was basically identical to last week's (awful):

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/raw-ratings-bring-bad-news-second-week-row-221251

Meltzer is speculating next week's rating could be the lowest in the history of the show (it's up against the NFL AND a presidential debate).

So does Vince decide this is Kevin Owens' fault and take the belt off him at the Clash or does he realize ratings are staying in the dumpster at least until January and let Owens keep the belt and take all the blame?  I don't see another Rollins or Roman title run turning the ratings around.

HHH is likely coming back soon, so they'll just transition all the attention to HHH vs Rollins while KO's title reign fades into the background.  And I don't see them wanting to hot-shot the Universal title so quickly just after Balor had to vacate.

• Like 2