DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I was just thinking about how great a Ric Flair career mode would be in one of those WWE games just by extension of legacy, the quality and variety of opponents. But then the more I thought of it the more apparent it became that you would literally end up having to do the same spot over and over no matter the match - HIT X TO BEG OFF FROM STING / HIT X TO BEG OFF FROM LEX LUGER / HIT X TO BEG OFF FROM HULK HOGAN / HIT Y TO POKE STING IN THE EYE / HIT Y TO POKE LEX LUGER IN THE EYE / HIT Y TO POKE HULK HOGAN IN THE EYE

• Like 8

As an asshole kid who grew up with Hell in the Cell and ECW, I thought it was going to be kind of like trying to get into Meet The Beatles for the first time after being a Metallica fan my whole life. I was way wrong. Nothing could live up to the hype it's generated over the years, but it came pretty close I feel like. Good, old school, bloody pro wrestling. Also, a very, very cool vibe with the one camera shot and no commentary. It was like the wrestling version of a live album.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Casey said:

I feel dirty for saying this, but... TMZ is reporting that Scott Hall was kicked out of a TGI Friday's bar after being drunk and disorderly.

Why? TMZ has been pretty legit throughout the years and Hall being a guy with problems is old news at this point.

Amongst people who watch NXT but never watched TNA, what's your opinion on Bobby Roode so far? Has he shown much yet, or is he at this point a great ring entrance and not much else?

29 minutes ago, AxB said:

Amongst people who watch NXT but never watched TNA, what's your opinion on Bobby Roode so far? Has he shown much yet, or is he at this point a great ring entrance and not much else?

His promos have been good. He's done better than anyone shy of Owens at turning the NXT crowd's cheers into boos. I do wonder if they shouldn't basically just give into crowd pressure and find a way to keep the delusions of grandeur aspect but somehow make him a babyface.

As far as in the ring, he's had literally one match air, so it's a little early to say. He had a good-not-great match with a very talented worker who is also having issues with crowd reactions.

13 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

So somehow I stumbled across a He-Man fan film today on youtube. 

It's not my thing, so I didn't actually watch it, but I did happen to notice that He-Man is played by Brian Cage.  Google confirms that it is indeed the wrestler (I didn't recognize him).

I only watched about two minutes of the footage, but Cage seems pretty wooden in the scene at the end with Skeletor.  No idea if he's done any other acting or not

Jeezus, Teela though ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Casey said:

I feel dirty for saying this, but... TMZ is reporting that Scott Hall was kicked out of a TGI Friday's bar after being drunk and disorderly.

Considering how much Friday's waters down their drinks, he must've been at it for awhile. 

2 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

That's what happens when you're lacking flair and acting like Flair. 

There is actually a pretty interesting article about where all that shit comes from and where it's going now that all these casual restaurants are dumping kitsch for slick modernism.

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/the-death-of-flair/

Yes, I know posting an article titled "The Death of Flair" here might cause some panic.  BUT IT"S LOWERCASE F FLAIR!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Casey said:

Heyyyyyyy, he wants some Bai-ley's!

• Like 7