DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

For everyone complaining about Seth Rollins' indy moveset, I think the only thing that REALLY pisses me off is that he's doing the Davey Richards superplex-into-another-move sequence.  A fucking SUPERPLEX being used as a transitional spot to another move makes me want to throw things.

• Like 3

So I was at King of Trios last night, and Mary Dobson was doing a sequence with Victoria. I couldn't tell what happened, but as they were going toward the turnbuckle, Dobson either pasted Victoria with an elbow or mistimed something a little bit, and from my vantage point, very clearly apologized to her, at about the same volume that you would see someone call a spot with. I'd never seen that before, so I wanted to ask the current/former workers on the board: is this unheard of, or are apologies in ring something that happens pretty often? Is it just due to Victoria being a veteran and Mary Dobson being much younger, so it was out of respect, and she wouldn't normally do something like that in a match? I don't know why I'm so interested in the answer, but it's something I can't remember ever seeing before. 

Vince Russo is the four father to all shitty ex-writers that are forever going to bludgeon us with their shitty opinions on podcasts, Twitter or wherever.

Guys like like Bauer, Greenfield and whatever other dumbasses are out there. 

The only good thing that's come out of all them doing so is made people realize as much as Vince has the final say on everything if all the storylines he's presented with are shitty he just winds up picking the least shitty ones and a lot of his last minute tweaking and meddling is just him trying to salvage what he can out of what little he gets. 

Because not once will you ever hear a good storyline out of these fuckers that Vince shot down because their "saving it" even though they state emphatically how they will never work in wrestling again. 

11 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

For everyone complaining about Seth Rollins' indy moveset, I think the only thing that REALLY pisses me off is that he's doing the Davey Richards superplex-into-another-move sequence.  A fucking SUPERPLEX being used as a transitional spot to another move makes me want to throw things.

I thought it was awesome when he pulled that out against Cena last year. Cena had be a little sluggish since coming back, he was off and it was up to Seth to go balls to the wall which played into the story of Cena being tough as hell to beat anyway so I loved Seth throwing everything but the kitchen sink..  No a superplex probably won't do it but maybe this combo will. 

Now he does it in a lot of matches and it's less useful.

10 hours ago, paul sosnowski said:

LAST BATTLE OF ATLANTA coming to WWE NETWORK this TUESDAY SEPT 6th???

IS THIS FOR REAL???

http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2016/09/03/exclusive-full-content-listing-for-upcoming-hidden-gems-wwe-network-collection/?wt=2

I was always under the impression film or video didn't exist of it. Maybe someone finally found film of it since I don't think there would be any video. It has it listed at 1983. Wasnt the match in 78?.

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

I was always under the impression film or video didn't exist of it. Maybe someone finally found film of it since I don't think there would be any video. It has it listed at 1983. Wasnt the match in 78?.

October 23rd 1983.

Wikipedia says:

The only known footage of the match is owned by noted wrestling historian, Barry Ham.

So presumably WWE bought the footage from him.

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I thought it was awesome when he pulled that out against Cena last year. Cena had be a little sluggish since coming back, he was off and it was up to Seth to go balls to the wall which played into the story of Cena being tough as hell to beat anyway so I loved Seth throwing everything but the kitchen sink..  No a superplex probably won't do it but maybe this combo will. 

Now he does it in a lot of matches and it's less useful.

I've never minded Seth doing it kayfabe-wise, because once they showed it in slow motion, and the way he rolled through, he never even touched the mat. So, he's not taking any damage, why shouldn't he add an exclamation point?

The problem, for me, is when it's a two-count.

I can't wait to see all the hype promos for the first Hell in a Cell match before there WAS Hell in a Cell on the Network. 

Seeing that article Odessa posted and thinking about stuff like Jenji Kohan doing a show based on GLOW, it's pretty cool that four women in NXT sort of piqued the interest of other people around the history of women in pro wrestling here in the United States (or at least that's the line between the two that I'm drawing; others may disagree). 

On 9/3/2016 at 0:51 PM, Michael Sweetser said:

I don't mind it, because at least he's hitting the second move. Davey would get countered 3 seconds after hitting the superplex.