DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Punk was bang on weight (170) and looks pretty healthy. While I think he's a bit of a scumbag, I'm rooting for the guy as it takes some balls to do what he's done and jump right into the fire as opposed to going in an easier way like Batista and Lashley. I was always a fan of his in-ring work 2010 onwards.

• Like 3

I remember when Punk got in really good shape right before he signed with WWE, and was having some great matches in ROH his last year there. From the Joe trilogy, to the great Jimmy Rave feud, to the Summer of Punk angle that was far superior to WWE's version. I think it took him until the heel turn in 2009(which was fantastic) to get back to the level he was before signing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickMD said:

Yeah, it was going to be the first time seeing him Monday if not for the injury.  That part we're bummed about (especially my wife for...reasons)  But with Bayley there it's all good with us.  Though with my luck they'll be dicks and not have her on the show just to infuriate me.

Since it is RAW - you should be fine but Bayley definitely already got screwed as she was supposed to go on the current foreign tour but when Sasha got cleared she got bumped and Sasha went on it instead.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Alberto Del Rio is currently doing a press conference at a Hooters explaining his future plans

Oh and Paige is there

How did Paige end up being Adam Sandler's ex-girlfriend at the end of Big Daddy? 

• Like 9

Just now, RIPPA said:

Since it is RAW - you should be fine but Bayley definitely already got screwed as she was supposed to go on the current foreign tour but when Sasha got cleared she got bumped and Sasha went on it instead.

I love Sasha, I really do.  But I've seen her twice already.  I'd still love to see her again, but if this is reason Bayley's not on then I don't know what to say anymore about this.

Regarding Del Rio, Hooters is a weird location to have this conference.  Curious to see what's said.

• Like 1

Just now, Sammo~! said:

In my head Ryback is in the background of the Del Rio conference taking part in some kind of 100 wing challenge with a bunch of Hooters waitresses cheering him on.

And then Ryback tries to hula hoop with the waitresses.

So far what he has said is (I am stealing all of this from Jose and Alfredo on Twitter)

- He has wanted to leave for a couple of months. It was killing his enjoyment of wrestling

- He is free to work in Mexico today. US next month. No 90 day clause

- He did everything he wanted to in WWE. No challenges left.

- He is not going to work full time (probably wants to do only about 60 dates a year)

- In talks with all 3 lucha companies (AAA, CMLL, Elite). He doesn't want to be exclusive though.

- He says he will retire in 2 years and he is in talks to be president of a MMA promotion

- Also said he will be doing some sort of commentary for a MMA show

- He is back to being Alberto El Patron (WWE owns Del Rio)

Holy shit I thought "ADR is doing a presser at Hooter's" was a joke.  God damn.

LOL @ Paige's career trajectory.  Start wrestling in your mid teens, fight to get to the biggest wrestling company in the world, throw it all away on Midlife Crisis Guy. Why can't I shake the feeling they're going to leave the presser in his new Corvette?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So far what he has said is (I am stealing all of this from Jose and Alfredo on Twitter)

- He is back to being Alberto El Patron (WWE owns Del Rio)

Thank, Christ.  Rippa has been fucking me all day with Del Rio released shit and I have to yell at him for getting my hopes up that it's the Raiders coach.

Is Paige the epitome of being young and dumb in wrestling? Seriously, she had it all, and she's throwing it away on a relationship that has a 1% chance of lasting. If it does last, it's going to be because they're both co-dependent on each other, like some kind of Requiem for a Dream type shit, right?

• Like 2