DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

Was it not a bit of a blunder in all this talk about how doomed Cersei was...to not notice that the Tyrells, this massively important part of her enemies strength, with all the gold and grain in the fucking kingdom...had literally no army and all that gold and grain and essential stuff was apparently like a half day's walk away from wherever the Lannister army was being guarded by like thirty guys and an old lady?

Was that not something that someone might have noticed and thought..."Hey, we should, like, put some guys there! Maybe some Dothraki or unsullied or The Fat Boys or FUCKING ANYBODY!!!"

Am I alone in thinking this is a pretty badly scripted war unless the point is to make the heroes look like dimwits?

Like, the one old lady that was apparently the entirety of "The Tyrells" looks out the window and sees the enemy and is like "Oh...they decided to come here with an army as part of this war we're having. Well, that's it then!....[falls over dead]."

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Was it not a bit of a blunder in all this talk about how doomed Cersei was...to not notice that the Tyrells, this massively important part of her enemies strength, with all the gold and grain in the fucking kingdom...had literally no army and all that gold and grain and essential stuff was apparently like a half day's walk away from wherever the Lannister army was being guarded by like thirty guys and an old lady?

Was that not something that someone might have noticed and thought..."Hey, we should, like, put some guys there! Maybe some Dothraki or unsullied or The Fat Boys or FUCKING ANYBODY!!!"

Am I alone in thinking this is a pretty badly scripted war unless the point is to make the heroes look like dimwits?

Like, the one old lady that was apparently the entirety of "The Tyrells" looks out the window and sees the enemy and is like "Oh...they decided to come here with an army as part of this war we're having. Well, that's it then!....[falls over dead]."

I think the idea is that Dany/Tyrion/etc are so over confident they are making massive mistakes because they "can't lose" mixed with their noble desire to not shed unnecessary blood. 

Olenna was right, they should've just sacked the capital and got it over with.

16 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

More reason to root for the Night King.

How slow is he walking to be lapped by a girl dragging a 6 foot 2 ten year old in a sled? When she started HE WAS RIGHT BEHIND HER

Since we last saw him trying to get from "north north" to "north" Jon Snow had a month long team building retreat and then road from "north" to "the tip of everything"

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, piranesi said:

How slow is he walking to be lapped by a girl dragging a 6 foot 2 ten year old in a sled? When she started HE WAS RIGHT BEHIND HER

Since we last saw him trying to get from "north north" to "north" Jon Snow had a month long team building retreat and then road from "north" to "the tip of everything"

Studying tapes of the Karloff Mummy? 

I don't think it's badly scripted,  Olena told Dany to get this shit over with real quick and if she wants to be a conqueror then be a fucking conqueror.  Tyrion has been outmatched by Jamie to this point.  Euron blindsided the Dornish.  Pretty much anything that could have gone wrong has.   Plus,  I'm not entirely sure if the Tyrells were in open rebellion or not.  Even if they were, like I said Olena wanted this shit over and done with quick and when Dany decided not to go that route it sealed the Tyrells fate.  They don't have much of an army,  not a good one.  Their relationship with the Lannisters was good for both parties.  Now Cersei can pay off the Iron Bank. 

Cersei and Jaime are playing things perfectly so far. They were boxed in a corner and screwed two episodes ago. Now they've taken out both the major houses supporting Dany, crippled her fleet, and...

Are still right in line to be killed by the dead.

I'm going to miss Olenna. She was just so awesome whenever she spoke. Even her last scene damn near eclipsed everything else the episode.

Bran and Sansa reuniting was touching until Bran got creepy.

Cersei's scene with the Ellaria and her daughter was fucked up. I don't even know how to feel on that one since the Sand Snakes had it coming yet Cersei is so terrible in general to go along with her utter glee of the situation.

They have played the war out kind of perfectly so far for Cersei. Tyrion's plans have honestly been good. He just isn't as experienced in war as others, and is forgetting to take into account Jamie.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I dug Littlefinger's scene with Sansa. It was a great explanation of his world view and how and why he is able to survive.

8 hours ago, piranesi said:

I was all set to crown Euron with the default Cunt title for the week for

1) pronouncing "twat" with an a sound like "cat"

Twat does rhyme with cat. How the fuck are you pronouncing it?

The reason Highgarden fell so easily was because the best of the Tyrell vassals were helping to attack it, not defend it. Didn't you see Sam's Dad with Jaime and Bronn?

2 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Cersei is dead as soon as that short haired messenger girl gets a second line or lingers in the shot.

And no sign of Arya this week. Hmm... 

13 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

So, smart as Tyrion is, he can't out tactic Jamie, which sucks. 

Tyrion is a brilliant strategist, but he's no tactician.

I was very pleased that this episode pointed out the difference between an advisor and a general..

13 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Tyrion is too concerned with how people will think of them and she is too.   

Uh, she's the daughter of the Mad King and has three dragons and an invading horde of foreigners at her back so she and Tyrion really should be extremely concerned about what the Westerosi think of her arrival and her intentions.

So, I'm guessing Dany totally switches up her attitude toward Jon now that every advantage she came in with is gone.  Granted, with the Dothraki Horde alone they've established that she could curbstomp King's Landing if she chose, but she can't get the city get sacked.  And since Tyrion can't really do tatics, I imagine she begs Jon/Davos to tell her what to do now at least until Jorah gets to Dragonstone.

I'm wondering how the fuck Varys didn't know the Rock was worthless though.  Actually, how is Varys letting Dany work with old info?

1 minute ago, Raziel403 said:

So, I'm guessing Dany totally switches up her attitude toward Jon now that every advantage she came in with is gone.  Granted, with the Dothraki Horde alone they've established that she could curbstomp King's Landing if she chose, but she can't get the city get sacked.  And since Tyrion can't really do tatics, I imagine she begs Jon/Davos to tell her what to do now at least until Jorah gets to Dragonstone.

I'm wondering how the fuck Varys didn't know the Rock was worthless though.  Actually, how is Varys letting Dany work with old info?

He might not have access to his full network of spies now that he's not in King's Landing? Don't most of his "little birds" work for Qyburn now?

I thought for sure Jamie was going to stab Olenna in the head after he gave her a painless death and she told him "oh, by the way, let your sister know I was the one who poisoned her son.  I really want her to know."

Episode ended and my wife and I were both like, man, we're really going to miss Diana Rigg playing Olenna. She fucking KILLED IT in that last scene. And she's right. It's terribly sad that Jaime has so completely fallen for his monster of a sister. Jaime is a good person, but he's letting his love for his fucked up sister guide him when he should be decapitating her.

I wonder how Dany feels about Tyrion now that her fleet has been squashed and the strongest part of her army is stuck at the Rock. 

I also half expected a line about one or two houses being overrun by White Walkers just to make it sound like they're not just standing in place.

And we learn more about Melissandre's prophecy. At least she and Varys are meant to die. Who else will be joining them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Tyrion is a brilliant strategist, but he's no tactician.

I was very pleased that this episode pointed out the difference..

Same. Tyrion didn't know the mines were dry and Jaime capitalized. The establishing shot with Jaime riding with Bronn and the best Tyrell bannermen behind him was cool.  

I'm really hoping we get a full on Jaime battle scene in the show (and it looks like we will). It's been sort of hard to convey his stature as a warrior in the show without his POV..  The only fight of his that really fit my idea of Jaime was the one against Brienne when he was chained and attacking. Of course he had two hands then.  

There was the fight scene in Season 1 where he owned Ned without breaking a sweat.  

I'm beginning to think we're getting a Jon/Jamie fight before the show's out, since I'm pretty sure they're the established best fighters in the series.

3 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

There was the fight scene in Season 1 where he owned Ned without breaking a sweat.  

I'm beginning to think we're getting a Jon/Jamie fight before the show's out, since I'm pretty sure they're the established best fighters in the series.

I thought Ned got a little too much offense in, but that scene was great. Jamie knocking out the guard who ended the fight early was a nice touch.