DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

God was Daina Rig just fucking awesome in her last moments as Lady Oleanna. .

Is there any chance Cersei is fucking with Lady Sand and didn't poison her daughter just to cause her incalculable mental anguish?

James

Just now, J.H. said:

Is there any chance Cersei is fucking with Lady Sand and didn't poison her daughter just to cause her incalculable mental anguish?

James

Cersei, not a fucking chance.  She poisoned the Sand Snake so that Elarra can watch her die, then is likely to turn her over to Zombie Mountain.  No way Cersei *doesn't* kill her.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Raziel403 said:

There was the fight scene in Season 1 where he owned Ned without breaking a sweat.  

I'm beginning to think we're getting a Jon/Jamie fight before the show's out, since I'm pretty sure they're the established best fighters in the series.

Probably wouldn't be much of a fight now as Jaime only has one hand unless he's improved his skills with his left-hand. He was pretty mediocre during the fight in Dorn where he had to fight with his left-hand. 

2 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

I thought for sure Jamie was going to stab Olenna in the head after he gave her a painless death and she told him "oh, by the way, let your sister know I was the one who poisoned her son.  I really want her to know."

What really sucks about that for Jaime is that you know he wants to tell her, since that absolves Tyrion 100% and there is part of him that still has affection for him. But he also knows he can't tell her because

1) she won't believe him and that might turn her against him as another "liar"

2) they're fighting a win or die war now against Tyrion anyway, so it doesn't matter

It's just another weight for him to carry.

45 minutes ago, J.H. said:

James

Maybe they've been developing a resistance to iocane powder....

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, J.H. said:

Also, all the build for the last 2 years for getting to see the Sand Snakes whip some ass an they end up having all the impact of The Dudes With Attitudes

James

Huh? I recall the build of the last two years being more setting them up to die horribly for their child murdering.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Tyrion is a brilliant strategist, but he's no tactician.

I was very pleased that this episode pointed out the difference between an advisor and a general..

And here's where shit goes south for me. I'm assuming Lady Olenna knew about the Lannister mines going dry, so why wouldn't she let Tyrion and the others know about it while they were all in council?

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

And here's where shit goes south for me. I'm assuming Lady Olenna knew about the Lannister mines going dry, so why wouldn't she let Tyrion and the others know about it while they were all in council?

That's a good point.  She knew, She knew back when Loras was betrothed to Cersei and they married Magerey to Tommen, most of the reason is that Tywin flat out told Olenna that the Rock was dry (I remember the conversation, need to go back to that season to confirm).  That being the case, why the hell didn't she convince Tyrion to send the Unsullied to Highgarden, since that's where all the money is (was, now.)

Considering that Jon held his own as the lone man at the front of the battle of the bastards, I'd say that he would wreck shop on Jaime considering that Jaime is one-handed and all. That said, I don't think we get that fight. I still think that Jaime kills Cersei and then kills himself since that sort of tragedy is perfect for this series.

I was bummed that we had no Hound, Beric, and Thoros in this episode. Nowhere for them to really fit in so hopefully we see them show up in the next episode. Jesus. What happens when and if they meet up with Melisandre? 

I'm trying to think of fights I desperately want to see and if anything will come close to living up to Brienne and the Hound's They Live-esque brawl. Jon vs the Night King is up there. The Hound vs the Mountain is another, but more and more I don't think this fight happens. GoT's version of the Shield is so far away from Kings Landing and I don't see the Mountain ever leaving that place. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I still think that Jaime kills Cersei and then kills himself since that sort of tragedy is perfect for this series.. 

Given that Jaime now knows that Tyrion and Sansa are innocent of Joffrey's assassination thanks to Olenna's last rites trash talk, I am thinking that Jaime will find a conscience and sell his sister out along with Euron when the time comes to deal with the White Walkers and Tyrion and Jon ask for his support.

I mean, Jaime already knew Tyrion was innocent. He was the one who released him and Jaime never shed any tears over Tyrion killing their father. If anything snaps Jaime out of committing further crimes because his love for Cersei blinds him, it will be whatever the union between Euron and Jaime brings. 

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I mean, Jaime already knew Tyrion was innocent. He was the one who released him and Jaime never shed any tears over Tyrion killing their father. If anything snaps Jaime out of committing further crimes because his love for Cersei blinds him, it will be whatever the union between Euron and Jaime brings. 

When they went to Dorn, he told Bronn that the next time he sees Tyrion he was going to kill him for killing their father.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

When they went to Dorn, he told Bronn that the next time he sees Tyrion he was going to kill him for killing their father.

If he ponders moral of the story of Orson the Beetleslayer, he can also chose to forgive his brother and not be a slave to mindless duty, or at the very least chose to settle matters AFTER the kingdoms have united against the White Walker threat..... provided that they do so in time.

Man, I remember the Jaime/Need fight way differently than you guys do. I saw it as Jaime thinking he was going to just cut right through Stark only to find out he really underestimated him. Jaime was still going to win, obviously, but just as he realized he was actually in a fight, someone attacked Ned from behind, and Jaime was disappointed because he wanted that real fight. Hence letting him live.

• Like 5

One last thing to consider is that neither Jaime nor Ned were the badass swordsman their legends would have you believe. Both were highly skilled, but Jaime's legend seems to mainly come from committing regicide, a murder he pulled off by stabbing the king in the back. Not to say that Jaime isn't an excellent swordsman, but after he opened up to Brienne about what went down, he tarnished his reputation in my eyes.

Same with Ned. With Ned you think that he took on these two highly skilled swordsmen at the Tower of Joy. The reality of the situation was similar to what happened with Jaime. Both built legends off of a false narrative. Both were still skilled fighters.

When I think about all of the fighters on the tv series like Bronn, the Hound, Brienne, Jon Snow, and Oberyn, I don't think Jaime is better than any of them. He just strikes me as a guy who is good, but regarded as a god with the sword all because he's the Kingslayer. 

I'm not sure how much killing the king factors in to Jaime's rep as a great swordsman. How good of a warrior do you have to be to stab someone in the back? Sam did it to a white walker.

EDIT: This reminds me of the time Joffrey was giving Jaime shit for having such a short entry in The Book of Brothers. All that he did of note was kill the king, and so he became defined by that one act. No great battle victories. I wonder how widely accepted his rep as a great swordsman even is. Seems like most we've heard of how great he is has come from his mouth.

• Like 1

He talks about that with Brienne. About how everyone knows him as the Kingslayer and thinks he's this great and feared swordsman partially because of it when in reality he killed the king in the most cowardly of ways and only few know of that particular act.

Hope Cersei wiped all that Oisin off her lips or Jamie might be in for an unexpected turn!

thought the "your walking... dead..." line was shoe horned in as a subtle nod.

...the Vince gif above totally nailed Diana Rigg's delivery.  "It was me Cersei, it was me all along dammit!"

• Like 1