DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Nak would have to cut out his suplexes and stick to his striking game and keep his distance from Lesnar. That's why I wouldn't buy Joe being able to defeat Brock, because Joe has a high impact drop and maul type offense that plays too much into Brock's wheelhouse.  

12 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

No

That was clearly in jest, even with my misgivings about the shit the Lucha Underground Belt gets rolled around in during the first leg of next season. But if it did end up happening, Broken Matt chewing Cena's foot off so he couldn't escape getting his arm broken by Pentagon Jr., would be a momentous occasion.

27 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

I don't know why we are discussing who is going to get a win over Brock because it's clearly going be Orton after a few RKOs and a Punt Kick

I feel like I go hot and cold on Lesnar and giving the lack of anything meaningful he's done since beating Taker at Mania unless you count a UFC return made moot shortly thereafter I'm super cold on him right now and just thinking fuck it, beat him.

If Orton's next program is AJ like all signs point to I'm hoping both guys are feuding coming off a win with possibly number one contender ship thrown in. 

If we're being truthful about Pentagon Jr., in Lucha Underground so far though,

Spoiler

his one signature win came over a fat retired vampire.

No doubt such unique talent would only end up MeekMannacled by the constraints of Vince's shitty outdated concepts or worse crammed down the audience's throats by the writing staff cretins. That still doesn't mean Pentagon's really been featured as a top level guy in LU yet; certainly not as a constant part of meaningful matches or feuds, regardless of how badass his vignettes have been. Mil Muertes, Puma, Matanza and Fenix have all been more heavily featured in meaningful matches and feuds. I'd also say Cage and Mundo have been the focal point in-ring more than Pentagon out of the next group of guys. For crying out loud, Pentagon Jr.'s first feud was against Sexy Star and he barely fared better against her than Super Fly did and that bastard got splatted on a windshield somewhere before he could even make it to Season 2.  

Anybody who gets The Fight Network and missed CMLL tonight because they were watching Smackdown (Seriously, that's what the DVR is for!), first, shame on you, and, second, make sure to catch the replay on Sunday.  There's a bananas little trios match with Mascara Dorada (Gran Metallik), Rey Cometa and Titan (Who is my fave right now) vs El Scorpion, Dragon Rojo, and Barbaro Cavernario that features swank dives, a totally insane Cometa bump into and over the barricades, a great triple team move that needs to be seen to be believe (Guys gets irish whipped down the ramp toward the ring, backdropped over the ropes into the ring and hit in mid-air with a missile dropkick) and all three rudos simultaneously doing The Worm (Including Dragon Rojo who clearly has no idea how it's done) but it's the opener for the main event which takes up the last 35 minutes or so of the hour and features Volador Jr. defending his title against Kushida and has lots of dives, nasty armwork, and Kushida having a ball heeling it up in front of the Mexican fans.  Everything on it was so many light years beyond everything on Smackdown tonight that it's not even funny.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

The person who defeats Lesnar has to be an underdog who emotes with at least some credible looking offense. That's why Bryan/Lesnar would've been so special. I could see Zayn with the proper build or Gable as a wildcard.

Why not face Rusev?

15 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Broken Matt chewing Cena's foot off so he couldn't escape getting his arm broken by Pentagon Jr., would be a momentous occasion.

Without an understanding of wrestling, this is very wtf sounding.

• Like 2

I want to say the only multiple time violator on the roster right now is Orton.  And of course I mean that as someone who got caught multiple times and got strikes, and Booker doesn't count since he's an announcer, and Regal isn't a fulltime wrestler, but I think we all know why Orton wanted that decreased schedule.  Part timer.  Hmmm.

Edit: Also Konnor