DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Question regarding Lucha Underground. 

I have seen the first couple episodes of season one. 

Should I continue through the whole season or just watch big matches and pick up on season 2?

If I should watch just the big matches, which matches should I watch?

Watch the whole season.

The matches aren't even always the biggest draw to Lucha Underground - you just haven't got to the cool backstage stuff yet

• Like 1

Should I continue through the whole season or just watch big matches and pick up on season 2?

Watch the whole season.

The matches aren't even always the biggest draw to Lucha Underground - you just haven't got to the cool backstage stuff yet

Thanks! That was I thought, that the whole of it is better than just the sum of the parts. Will begin watching it tonight or tomorrow.

Ooooh Morelock raises an interesting question - Do New Day get 3 entries (one for each of Kofi, Woods and Big E) or is it going to be like when J Uso was in and represented both?

Technically J Uso was only one man.

The question was which man you wanted it to be

OK, state of your fandom question: Five favorite singles wrestlers or tag teams who are currently regular performers to watch in this very moment on the First of February in the Year or our Lord or Chthulu or whatever you believe or don't believe in, 2016?

Mine in no particular order:

Asuka

Timothy Thatcher

Shinsuke Nakamura

American Alpha

Big E

Shinsuke Nakamura

Asuka

Rush

New Day

Tomohiro Ishii

Also sending out prayers for Bret and hopes he kicks cancer's in the ass.

Ooooh Morelock raises an interesting question - Do New Day get 3 entries (one for each of Kofi, Woods and Big E) or is it going to be like when J Uso was in and represented both?

That one's easy.

Freebird rule, of course.

Apparently Blackjack Mulligan is back in the hospital and it is serious enough that all his family (Bo, Bray and Mike) all left RAW.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=99457

Aww man. That's a shame. If he goes, at least he'll be surrounded by his family. 

The AJ video made me smile, but then it occurred to me, you know how stupid old shit has cost wrestlers their jobs? I'm gonna be so pissed if "the gay community?!??!" shit costs him.

I don't participate in "March Madness," whatever that might be, but changing eligibility rules on the fly doesn't seem very on-the-level.

You should join in. It's amazing.

Go back and read the great "Cesaro Scandal" from 2014 and you will see what it does to people.

Daniel Bryan got screwed!

The AJ video made me smile, but then it occurred to me, you know how stupid old shit has cost wrestlers their jobs? I'm gonna be so pissed if "the gay community?!??!" shit costs him.

To be fair, AJ didn't criticize the gay community in that video. He was just surprised. The host was the douche in that situation. 

• Like 1

People curious should watch the Puebla CMLL show starting in 15 minutes or so on youtube, if only to see the second match with Toro Bill, Jr. and Rey Apocolipsis so you can pressure Phil to include them in March Madness.

Here's the link:

• Like 1

Man, all the best to the Hitman. Put cancer in the Sharpshooter.

I would have gone with "give cancer a Hart Attack."

All cancer sucks, but prostate cancer seems to have a high survival rate, so hopefully Hitman will be okay. . . .

Watch the whole season.

Thanks! That was I thought, that the whole of it is better than just the sum of the parts. Will begin watching it tonight or tomorrow.

Honestly, it took me about 12-15 episodes to REALLY get it with LU.  The work is always really solid from the start, but the storylines and backstage stuff really pick up around that point.  Also, you don't want to miss the bad ass promo of King Cuerno riding around in his sweet pickup truck.

so i was just watching thed 2/1/99 episode of WCW Monday Nitro, and there's this sweet ass match between Scott Norton and Ernest Miller where Norton straight up no sells all of Miller's offense and destroys him. Can i get some non-WCW recommendations for some of Norton's best work? i've never seen any of his matches from Japan.

couldn't find the match online, so i had to upload it:

edit: this video may be taken down, it has already apparently been flagged.