DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I mean Seth was pretty good against Sting and Kane. Shame about the rest of the year.

My experience with LU, 22 episodes in, is that MOST matches are worked like your 8 minute Nitro lucha/cruiserweight matches, without much in the way of transitions or long-term selling, though with callbacks, and counters, and its own brand of psychology and build towards dives, and in the best ones, a clear sense of escalation. In general though, you're fine watching a bunch of animated gifs instead of the matches. There's nothing really wrong with that for what it is. But clipping sure wouldn't matter too much really.

The best stuff transcends that in a big way though.

• Like 1

RIPPA mentioned having a separate tourney for the women last year post-March, but decided against it due to it being a foregone conclusion. It would be a foregone conclusion this year, too, but so would a March Madness tourney that included Sasha.

Yeah, it's hard since, since women's wrestling was on such a high level this year and there's so few challengers who are justifiably March Madness-worthy, should one half-regional or full regional be dedicated solely to women (or 8/16 women on the bracket, with only the best of the best making the final 8/final 4 where there'd actually be some real questions)? 

I don't participate in "March Madness," whatever that might be, but changing eligibility rules on the fly doesn't seem very on-the-level.

You should join in. It's amazing.

Go back and read the great "Cesaro Scandal" from 2014 and you will see what it does to people.

The only Cesaro Scandal is that people think he didn't deserve to win!

I wish that I liked LU. I am fully aware that I'm missing out, but after having finally finished the first season, it doesn't connect for me on any level. Though from a pure physically aesthetic standpoint, I could watch Prince Puma/Ricochet do cool dives all day. 

I don't participate in "March Madness," whatever that might be, but changing eligibility rules on the fly doesn't seem very on-the-level.

Go back and read the great "Cesaro Scandal" from 2014 and you will see what it does to people.

It's the only year Bryan actually deserved to win.

THINGS MARCH MADNESS IS GOOD FOR

1) Discovering new wrestlers/matches to watch

2) Making my list of who to ban

3) Seeing who will make the dumbest comment (last year's champion - Brian Fowler)

• Like 6

You bastards stole my pick-em tournament win that year.. especially Big Fresh!

• Like 1

Is Cena in, for instance, since he probably has the strongest year this year by a pretty long way.

Cena's act got old by May so I'm really not seeing how he had the strongest year by far. It felt like he just kept getting worse and worse until that awful and phoned in match with Del Rio. Hell I think Kofi had a better year.

Question regarding Lucha Underground. 

I have seen the first couple episodes of season one. 

Should I continue through the whole season or just watch big matches and pick up on season 2?

If I should watch just the big matches, which matches should I watch?