DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Anyway, wow that match with Boogie Woogie. God bless him pulling a pay check doing nothing but grabbing guys balls.

So, what would happen if Jimmy Valiant wrestled Joey Ryan?

So many babies would be born

Anyway, wow that match with Boogie Woogie. God bless him pulling a pay check doing nothing but grabbing guys balls.

So, what would happen if Jimmy Valiant wrestled Joey Ryan?

A very terrible match.

• Like 2

If we are just going by matches -

Fenix deserves to make it to the final 16 just for his Matt Sydal match from BOLA alone

Then there's fucking GRAVE CONSEQUENCES, which aired in March so I think it's eligible, and he's probably the LU guy that gets the farthest other than Ricochet.

Normally for any project - we use taping date but for March Madness we will use air date (otherwise pretty much none of the LU stuff would be eligible this go around)

• Like 3

The real punishment (for some of us) would be an All Lucha March Madness.

There are probably 64 worthy guys in CMLL alone.

EDIT: I got to #45 before I had to begrudgingly put Volador, Jr. on the list and gave up.

Mirror Universe Matt is here 29 days early.

Come on Thunder!

(we had a pretty good discussion in line at the Temple about how shitty Thunder is)

Thunder, Oro, Jr., and Blue Panther, Jr. were not making the list. I think I could have made it if I stretched to add guys on the Ripper and Morphosis level and allowed myself women, minis, and the All Elite guys.

It's actually really fun coming up with a list of people this year because with Rippas injury rules, the WWE field looks like it will be very limited, depending on how he interprets it. Is Cena in, for instance, since he probably has the strongest year this year by a pretty long way. Most of the guys who are really good either didn't get much of anything to do this year (Harper), or spent long stretches hurt (Cesaro, Cena, basically everyone else)

Owens might end up the main show male to make it the farthest just by default.

You know that period where it seemed tag team guys were doubling up finishers? More often it was probably a Boston crab/ camel clutch combo, but sometimes you'd get crazy ankle lock/ crossface combos.

I hate we missed a chance for a calf killer/ cattle mutilation combo ... sponsored by Chick Fil-A. (I may have that turned around, I'm afraid.)

The real punishment (for some of us) would be an All Lucha March Madness.

There are probably 64 worthy guys in CMLL alone.

EDIT: I got to #45 before I had to begrudgingly put Volador, Jr. on the list and gave up.

*makes sure to include Volador Jr...*