DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... Last Try

RIPPA

We talk a lot about how they made so and so "another guy" and shit like that and I did not think Owens should have traded wins with Cena or at least he shouldn't have lost the feud because of how great of a moment it was for him to pin Cena in their first encounter..  but they've done a pretty good job with him lately and to Owens' credit he does a lot of little things to stand out also. His trash talk and trolling is A1

The League of Nations have a secret headquarters with a little table where they all stand around with their various trophies and with their flags hanging in the background. They're awesome.

If that's true, I really hope the monitor Rusev stole from ringside is there

• Like 1

The League of Nations have a secret headquarters with a little table where they all stand around with their various trophies and with their flags hanging in the background. They're awesome.

If that's true, I really hope the monitor Rusev stole from ringside is there

It is true. They use it every week. It's really pretty wonderful.

Re: LON

Everyone in LON is cold. Flat out cold. WWE cooled them all down and aside from ADR (and this is not saying much really), none of them are over. WWE might have tried to NOA, Too Cool, and New Day formula with LON and it has failed to get over as they are all too high up on the card to establish any credibility. I do agree that Barrett should be doing the talking while he is out and  perhaps Sheamus/Rusev WITH LANA (who I am not really a fan of, but recognize that tons of people think she is attractive and a good promo) should focus on the tag scene for a while. The pieces are there, but WWE for some reason will not use these guys to the fullest and insists on miscasting them. No one wants to see Sheamus in the WWE title picture, no one wants to NOT see Lana, people want to see B.N. Barrett make a return and deliver some BAD NEWS, and people want to see Del Rio in the suits, with hot babes and cool cars. All of these guys wearing suits while acting like James Bond villains with Lana signing the contracts and calling shots behind the scenes would actually get over...so of course the opposite is done.

I take issue that anyone wants to see Del Rio at all. He had the HIAC crowd that popped huge for his return silent about a minute in when he was pulling rest holds in a 7 minute match. I would agree with most of the rest, although I don't think it matters how much they cool on Rusev, because he's going to be entertaining as fuck no matter what he's doing.

Don't know how much truth there is to this, but Cageside Seats posted this earlier today about the whole Lana thing.

On Wednesday's episode of MLW Radio, Konnan clarified that the latest round of heat on Lana and Rusev within WWE stems from an incident that happened at an airport last week. Lana yelled at Rusev in public at the airport, which once again has her in hot water with WWE management, while Rusev is now getting heat of his own for not standing up to her.

So basically if true, Lana got in trouble because she's in charge in the relationship with Rusev.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Rusev commented on it. Still, The WWE is an petty place. I wish they'd just do something with her.

I don't get why people hate that double stomp. "They hold on to the rope". how the fuck are they suppose to get loose? If they lay there, its still happening.

Unloosen your feet, then drop and roll. It's like Owens using logic against Dean's lariat. Getting stuck there as a finish to me doesn't suspend disbelief, and just plain looks ridiculous. If you're gonna do it then work the leg and not have someone pull up on the damn ropes. I know it looks BETTER if they pull up on the ropes, but it's contrived. If he's not gonna do that then go back to the armbar, or just try his best to go Low Ki with it. And speaking of which, if he could do that, that kind of finisher would actually make him look deadly again. 

I don't get why people hate that double stomp. "They hold on to the rope". how the fuck are they suppose to get loose? If they lay there, its still happening.

I think the biggest problem with it, is the same thing as the 619, they come up with increasingly contrived ways for guys to end up stuck in the corner time and time again.  If it was a once in a while, killer death finisher, it would be wonderful.  But because it's WWE, it has to be in every single one of his matches.  See also Neville's running flips across the ring that are an amazing visual, but after he does it 2-3 times a week for several months straight, you wonder how wrestlers are still surprised by it.

• Like 1

With how he stomps there, he would pass over their body if they don't hold onto the rope.

ADR's double-stomp can literally be countered by the opponent doing nothing at all. That's kind of the definition of "bad finisher."

• Like 1